Who are the Naughty antivaxxer refusenicks?

Closed Thread
Old 07-29-2021, 06:20 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by coffeebean View Post
I've said all along....."thank goodness for this mRNA technology".
for now, however it's only under approval for emergency use because they have to. mRNA has been on the table a long time and avoided for reasons that aren't clearly published in public.

The other problem with the OP is that this is not a disease it is a virus, there is a difference between the two. Most notably is that C19 is here to stay, that is the way it was designed. Conspiracy theories and not - this is actually a reality which brings me to one other issue with what the OP listed -

IF people under 40 are more likely to die from the flu, where is the dividing line? The flu has variants and is also a coronavirus, to the point that a person with just a flu can and has tested positive for C19.

One thing is very obvious all the forward looking information that does get published isn't really fact it's speculation at best. All the historical data that is published , well if the present and future are speculation that doesn't lend well to the past.

Face it vax or no vax, mask or no mask, test or no test, there is nothing that will stop C19 from existing we will just become "body tolerant" of it eventually just like the rest of the coronavirus family we live with. This is the reality like it or not.

P.S. I will bow out now, as I realize this post will probably cause more flame ups and other items that just are worthless to answer. Have fun firing at the topic.
Old 07-29-2021, 06:25 AM

If we are lucky, maybe polio, smallpox, diphtheria, etc. will all make a full come back and all the anti vaxers can rest on their laurels and say "GLORY BE, WE WON".
Old 07-29-2021, 06:28 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,516 Times in 1,914 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueash View Post
As the original post seemed to be pointing at non-whites as a major factor, I offer for your consideration a graph which plots the % of persons immunized [both doses] in a county against the % of votes for Trump in the 2020 election. What it clearly shows it that the higher the Trump vote the lower the vaccination rate. This is overwhelmingly the single best predictor of vaccine acceptance, not race, not income, not state.

There are outlying data points, Biden counties with low vaccination rates, and Trump counties with high vaccination rates, but the trend is extremely strong. Note Sumter Co Florida which stands out as a Trump county but a high vaccine success rate, 68% for both measurements.

I do not know the point you are trying to make or the premise you are trying to defend but it appears to me to be that in the U.S. blacks are highest among the unvaccinated and Asians are the winner of this racial profiling. I voted for Trump because of several reasons, not my adoration of him for sure and I watched him make statements that seemed to me to be almost completely ignorant of medicine and general science. I have seen valid polls and I will try to find one to link that about 70% of this country support science and stand with Fauci. I certainly do.

The people in Sumter county who are older are generally not college educated, but they seem to have some factors that make them wise. I am not at all surprised to see that Villagers have chosen to be vaccinated and they are....approximately 70% of us and I am very proud of that. I am proud of their having the highest credit ratings in the country.

I am saddened by the fact that it appears there are many people due to many reasons who have chosen to not get vaccinated against Covid-19. Younger people are now filling the hospital beds.
Old 07-29-2021, 06:33 AM

Thank goodness you are here.
Old 07-29-2021, 06:34 AM

Thank goodness you are here, blue ash.
Old 07-29-2021, 06:50 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by merrymini View Post
So people who “choose” to not get vaccinated are evil, stupid, republican, Trump lovers. WRONG! You accept what the cdc says but they have proven themselves to be ignorant liars, so why should I believe anything they say? What you are witnessing here is tyranny and control and most people seem only to happy to allow fear to control their lives.
I appears to me that the vaccine protects people against Covid-19. We should have great FEAR of catching a virus that can kill us. We should all try to separate medical facts and political views. I have watched all health agencies world wide struggle to keep up with this frightening world wide epidemic. In the early days it appeared that China seemed to be covering up the danger. Then we read about so many people dying in Italy that they literally could not pick up the corpses. Then in New York City many, many, many people began to die from this virus. It was too soon to make a scientific summary analysis. People were struggling to make sense of it, even our much credited national scientific boards.

I am NOT a medical person, but early in this pandemic, many blogs and youtube accounts were spreading inaccurate and incomplete and false information from some physicians. Inaccurate information was rampant on Facebook. It became for some a banner to wave to prove your independence and freedom and not get vaccinated.

I wish that all readers would consider calling their doctor this morning or going to an urgent care to see about being vaccinated if they have not yet received it.
Old 07-29-2021, 06:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by coffeebean View Post
Too much misinformation, too many uneducated people who truly believe conspiracy theories that malign these vaccines, too many people who listen to leaders that have down played the importance of getting vaccinated. That is just for starters.
Not sure it's about "conspiracy theories." When the CDC director lies about facts (covid mortality rate in children vs. influenza) which are easily disputed using CDC's own data, critical thinking people question motives. The problem is we have stopped being critical thinkers and are allowing talking-heads and politicians to segregate us into warring camps. WAKE UP!
Old 07-29-2021, 07:04 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,244 Times in 707 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrZero View Post
Not sure it's about "conspiracy theories." When the CDC director lies about facts (covid mortality rate in children vs. influenza) which are easily disputed using CDC's own data, critical thinking people question motives. The problem is we have stopped being critical thinkers and are allowing talking-heads and politicians to segregate us into warring camps. WAKE UP!
Perhaps you would be so kind as to supply your source of this being said because accusing someone of lying is serious.

All information I have read does not substantiate your accusation.

In Kids, The Risk Of COVID-19 And The Flu Are Similar — But The Risk Perception Isn't : NPR

The link above is from May, but obviously you have more current information about yet another “Big Lie”

Please enlighten us all.

Thank you
Old 07-29-2021, 07:05 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrZero View Post
Dr. Fauci is NOT the CDC Director.

Director | About | CDC
Old 07-29-2021, 07:11 AM

Young people are now getting the Delta Varient and are now dying. One of the main reasons people don’t get the shots is the false information out there. Also, even people who had it with no symptoms are getting long haulers and are sometimes left with issues with their heart, lung and brain. They can also, get Covid again.
Finally people who are vaccinated can carry enough of this mutation now to give it to others.
Old 07-29-2021, 07:30 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,244 Times in 707 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
Dr. Fauci is NOT the CDC Director.

Director | About | CDC
AND the quote I recall from him in this matter was....

““I think we better be careful that we’re not cavalier, in thinking that children are completely immune to the deleterious effects.”
Old 07-29-2021, 07:39 AM

Your chart is one source and the percentages are very close. Lower socioeconomic populations have less access to medical care/vaccine. The problem with Covid 19 is not how or where it started but rather the poor/incompletent reponse by the previous US administration. We were warned about the possibility of a pandemic years ago.
Old 07-29-2021, 07:40 AM

Great post. Thanks for the info.
Old 07-29-2021, 07:43 AM

Thank you so much I was beginning to miss my fake news I mean this thread!
Old 07-29-2021, 07:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by S=kBlogW View Post
Ask the Director of the CDC, this is why they are reversing course on masks for vaccinated people.
"Ask the director of the CDC". Who said you don't have a sense of humor?
Closed Thread

Tags
people, covid, vaccine, problems, percentage

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.