Why I will NOT be vaccinated ( and maybe you shouldn't too)

Closed Thread
Old 03-07-2021, 08:18 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,910 Times in 1,528 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronsroni View Post
You actually believe that you’re safe AND willing to bet the lives of your offspring on that, huh?
There may be ramifications to that when/if one of you gets a variant and it races through your non- masked; under protected household and takes a life.
Covid vaccine causes anaphylaxis?
Well, smoking caused CANCER, COPD, HEART DISEASE AND DISGUSTING TEETH AND BREATH. Ever smoke? Drink?
WT heck is your point?
I’ll go with [U][B]REVERSIBLE[/B
Anaphylaxis anytime.

Masks and gloves for keeping families alive.
BTW: Nurse for 45 years, here.
I of 3 people in the US KNOWS someone who died of CV. The British variant is in 19% of US cases today and RAPIDLY growing.
Old 03-07-2021, 08:21 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoMar View Post
The only think you have control over is wearing the mask. Social distancing and crowd size are not under our control without jeopardizing someone's business or job. Someone else makes those decisions. Herd immunity depends on vaccinations, the fewer vaccinated the longer it will take. The longer it takes those that are risk averse will stay away from groups which are needed for businesses to thrive. People lose jobs because their businesses don't have enough traffic. One or two small shots or that ego killing mask have a bigger impact then just perceived personal freedom.
Fix the CV problem quickly 1st. Then the business economy can flourish.
Old 03-08-2021, 06:29 AM

[QUOTE=coffeebean;1909633 I'm waiting for our government and the experts to tell us when they time will be. Until then, I'll continue to wear a mask indoors and stay clear of others at all times.[/QUOTE]

The government and experts you are waiting for are the same government and same type of experts that announced it was safe for first responders to enter ground zero at 911, the same government and same type of experts that said there is no connection between Agent Orange and cancer, etc., etc. Our government does not care about us, they have their own agenda, which is of primary importance to those in power. All said IMHO.
Old 03-08-2021, 06:40 AM
Veteran member
Location: Dhahran, Duesseldorf, Hemel Hempstead, Phoenix, Grand Rapids, Washington DC, and now TV

Quote:
Originally Posted by CFrance View Post
A, nobody's threatening anybody to take the vaccine, and B, as to this guy's second statement, tell that to the families of the 500,000+ people who have died.
Well, the US tried to close down a year ago. Instead everyone got invited to Chinatown because people said that the US was over-reacting to the virus.
Old 03-08-2021, 06:46 AM
Veteran member
Location: Dhahran, Duesseldorf, Hemel Hempstead, Phoenix, Grand Rapids, Washington DC, and now TV

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimjamuser View Post
I of 3 people in the US KNOWS someone who died of CV. The British variant is in 19% of US cases today and RAPIDLY growing.

I work with Veterans and am an officer of an American Legion post with 900 members. We've lost nobody at all. The question always comes up - do you know anybody who died as a direct result of Covid.

Nobody knows anybody. I am not downplaying the issue in any way. Sure, a couple people have died. Overweight, smokers, with diabetes seems common. But no ramrod healthy individuals. None. I'm sure there are some, but they seems to be so incredibly rare that nobody knows any.

But when you take in comorbidity and other factors?
Old 03-08-2021, 07:04 AM
Sage
Thanked 4,184 Times in 1,936 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jswirs View Post
The government and experts you are waiting for are the same government and same type of experts that announced it was safe for first responders to enter ground zero at 911, the same government and same type of experts that said there is no connection between Agent Orange and cancer, etc., etc. Our government does not care about us, they have their own agenda, which is of primary importance to those in power. All said IMHO.
Point very well taken. I personally know someone who is suffering the after effects of Agent Orange. I'm not going to comment on the first responders at ground zero as I have no knowledge of what actually transpired and what they were actually told by our government.

Having said that, I still trust Dr. Fauci and other expert epidemiologists, immunologists and virologists that the vaccines are safe for human "consumption" and will give us the light at the end of the tunnel with this pandemic. I am putting my trust in the people who have devoted to their lives in a valiant chosen profession of epidemiology, immunology and virology. I also trust the pharmaceutical companies who used modern technology to develop these vaccines. I trust the process which has brought us this far in this war against an invisible enemy.

I'm not without pause that there may be some risk involved with exposing myself to the mRNA vaccine but it is a risk I am willing to take. For me, the benefit outweighs the risk. I made the decision to be inoculated. Every other person on this earth will be faced with making that choice also not only for themselves but their children .

Life is a crap shoot. Choose wisely and I hope you make the correct decision for yourself and your family.
Old 03-08-2021, 07:19 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tmarkwald View Post
I work with Veterans and am an officer of an American Legion post with 900 members. We've lost nobody at all. The question always comes up - do you know anybody who died as a direct result of Covid.

Nobody knows anybody. I am not downplaying the issue in any way. Sure, a couple people have died. Overweight, smokers, with diabetes seems common. But no ramrod healthy individuals. None. I'm sure there are some, but they seems to be so incredibly rare that nobody knows any.

I didn't know this guy personally, but I did see him perform on Broadway. His wife, who is also a performer, claims her husband was very healthy with no commodities. He put up a valiant fight before he died of Covid, including having a leg amputated that he was unaware of because he was in a coma. His name is Nick Cordero.

Broadway Actor Nick Cordero Dead at 41 of Coronavirus - The New York Times

This is Nick performing "T'ain't Nobody's Business if I Do" in "Bullets Over Broadway". He opens the number and that is his real life wife that he hands the gun to in the beginning......
68th Tony Awards Performance Bullets Over Broadway - YouTube

Nick Cordero. Dead at 41 from Covid, NOT with Covid.

Last edited by coffeebean; 03-08-2021 at 09:22 AM.
Old 03-08-2021, 10:47 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by jswirs View Post
ANY government can make SOME mistakes. People make mistakes ALL the time. The government gave us Social Security which no one except maybe an upper 1% er would complain about. We get free roads. We get improved weather reporting with weather satellites. We get protection from invasion by Russia or China. We get protection from external and internal terrorism. We get protection from criminals and criminal gangs. The US government system is set up to balance or neutralize any power grabs from one branch or individual. The Supreme court and the Justice system as a whole prevent power abuses. Free speech and free media are encouraged. I will stop, but I could have gone on and on. Yes, the system is NOT perfect, but NOTHING is!
Old 03-08-2021, 10:58 AM
Sage
Thanked 9,539 Times in 3,115 Posts

Quote:

EVERYONE will die. Every single person on this planet will die. Take death out of the equation completely, because it has nothing to do with anything. And yes, I know one person who died.

Instead, consider how many people will live with health problems that they didn't have before they got COVID. I know several people who have lasting health conditions as a direct result of the virus. Including my own sister.

So stuff it.
Old 03-08-2021, 11:00 AM
Sage

Quote:

I got the 1 out of 3 people from reading the NY Times. And they were talking about nationally. I assume (?) that they took a survey. The same article showed a graph of the 19% of new cases caused by the British variant. I consider the NY times to be a good source. Many in TV Land believe otherwise. I also believe that the US has had over 500,000 deaths DUE to CV - not something like that I have read on this forum - like someone died because they were pushed by the tooth fairy off of a cliff, but it statistically became a CV death because those big, bad, greedy Hospital Administrators corrupted the statistics to get more money. That is the BS, the fairy dust. I also believe what I see and hear on CNN and MSNBC. So, if some don't like that - then so sad, too bad, go pound salt (whatever that means?).
Old 03-08-2021, 11:07 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by coffeebean View Post
Point very well taken. I personally know someone who is suffering the after effects of Agent Orange. I'm not going to comment on the first responders at ground zero as I have no knowledge of what actually transpired and what they were actually told by our government.

Having said that, I still trust Dr. Fauci and other expert epidemiologists, immunologists and virologists that the vaccines are safe for human "consumption" and will give us the light at the end of the tunnel with this pandemic. I am putting my trust in the people who have devoted to their lives in a valiant chosen profession of epidemiology, immunology and virology. I also trust the pharmaceutical companies who used modern technology to develop these vaccines. I trust the process which has brought us this far in this war against an invisible enemy.

I'm not without pause that there may be some risk involved with exposing myself to the mRNA vaccine but it is a risk I am willing to take. For me, the benefit outweighs the risk. I made the decision to be inoculated. Every other person on this earth will be faced with making that choice also not only for themselves but their children .

Life is a crap shoot. Choose wisely and I hope you make the correct decision for yourself and your family.
Well spoken! The sound and smell of coffee is magic in the air. Kudos!
Old 03-08-2021, 11:36 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeBlossomBaby View Post
EVERYONE will die. Every single person on this planet will die. Take death out of the equation completely, because it has nothing to do with anything. And yes, I know one person who died.

Instead, consider how many people will live with health problems that they didn't have before they got COVID. I know several people who have lasting health conditions as a direct result of the virus. Including my own sister.

So stuff it.
Like I tried to warn 1 in 3 are getting it. And since the British variant has more capacity to spread easily, then the odds may soon become 4 out of 9 and then 1 in every 2nd person. The vaccines are now more readily available so that could swing those odds back to a brighter side. But, one thing I am sure of, is that this CV story is NOT over as much as TV Landers would like it to be. I just basically relay what I hear from sources that I respect because there is a lot of misinformation being spread 2nd hand by TV Landers. So, in good conscience, I can't ignore it because we are talking about life or death information.
Old 03-16-2021, 09:36 AM

Thank you for your factual information. I am grappling with my decision to get the Johnson and Johnson shot. I do not get flu shots or other preventative vaccinations. I am seriously thinking about getting the Covid Vaccine but have some serious doubts after reading your post. Keep spreading the information regardless of those who criticize. Last time I checked we still had freedom of speech. (Although its getting a bit sketchy.)
Old 04-08-2021, 07:55 AM
Veteran member

Completely agree. We're with you! We follow the data -- not the consensus.
Old 04-08-2021, 12:56 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by islandkin View Post
Thank you for your factual information. I am grappling with my decision to get the Johnson and Johnson shot. I do not get flu shots or other preventative vaccinations. I am seriously thinking about getting the Covid Vaccine but have some serious doubts after reading your post. Keep spreading the information regardless of those who criticize. Last time I checked we still had freedom of speech. (Although its getting a bit sketchy.)
Governor Ron DeSantis received the J&J vaccine, quietly. I wish he was vaccinated in the public eye to give people the message that the vaccine is safe.

Ron DeSantis gets Johnson & Johnson COVID vaccine | firstcoastnews.com

Tags
immune, vaccine, disease, covid, people

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.