Why I will NOT be vaccinated ( and maybe you shouldn't too)

Closed Thread
Old 02-18-2021, 06:27 AM
Veteran member
Location: Dhahran, Duesseldorf, Hemel Hempstead, Phoenix, Grand Rapids, Washington DC, and now TV

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhdallas View Post

Example: “The United States stopped giving mandatory smallpox vaccinations 30 years ago. Some people die from it; and others have serious reactions, some permanent. Scientists say it's the most dangerous vaccine known to man.” - CBS News, 60 Minutes

- David H. Dallas, RN-ASN, EMT-P, retired
The problem here is you can't have your cake and eat too. Taking things WAY out of context. Why did the US stop giving smallpox vaccines? Because it was ERADICATED. But not before 300 Million died from it ... Read this..

Fact check: Vaccination helped eliminate smallpox
Old 02-18-2021, 06:29 AM
Veteran member
Location: Dhahran, Duesseldorf, Hemel Hempstead, Phoenix, Grand Rapids, Washington DC, and now TV

Quote:
Originally Posted by G.R.I.T.S. View Post
I've seen it and consider it a valid argument to not take the vaccine. I'm of the opinion that my delay in getting the shot might help me see what side effects may arise, if any.
If you read Barrington it states that we need the vaccine to gain herd immunity.
Old 02-18-2021, 06:36 AM
Veteran member
Thanked 1,015 Times in 273 Posts

I trust a scientific data far more than some tv/radio host trying to get more listeners.
Old 02-18-2021, 06:38 AM

I agree. I won’t get the shot until I am made to.
Old 02-18-2021, 06:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by coffeebean View Post
I was referring to those who are anti-maskers, those who congregate in groups with people not in their family unit, those folks who attend large crowded events with no masks or social distancing, and all sorts of other "risky behavior".
You referring to the way the world was for thousands of years prior to 2020 as risky behavior? LOL
Old 02-18-2021, 06:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DARFAP View Post
Why did everyone choose "reply with quote?" Just use "quick reply" so we don't have to re-read the OP's epistle.
Because quick reply we can't tell WHO you're replying to ... the OP or some other commentator.
Old 02-18-2021, 06:47 AM

My wife and I have received both vaccinations (Moderna). My family is either in the process of getting both shots, or will be as soon as it is opened to them. Friends & family have died because of COVID - it is no joke! We also plan to travel internationally as soon as it is safe. Proof of the vaccination will probably be required. We have taken this approach with the COVID vaccination, just like we do with flu shots and other shots that keep us healthy. It makes sense!
Old 02-18-2021, 06:50 AM
Default Alternative to Vaccines

Quote:
Myself, my family, my neighbors, and millions of others have already had COVID and are actively (or sometimes called naturally) immune. A person who is now immune cannot get or give the disease. The COVID virus is NOT one of those diseases in which an immune person can be a carrier. Therefore we do not need to get vaccinated or wear a mask. Even if I did not previously have had COVID I would still refuse a vaccine for the reasons that follow.

Many people will argue that active or natural immunity is different from vaccinated immunity. Here is what the CDC says; “Active immunity results when exposure to a disease organism triggers the immune system to produce antibodies to that disease. Exposure to the disease organism can occur through infection with the actual disease (resulting in natural immunity), or introduction of a killed or weakened form of the disease organism through vaccination (vaccine-induced immunity). Either way, if an immune person comes into contact with that disease in the future, their immune system will recognize it and immediately produce the antibodies needed to fight it.”

The WHO (World Health Organization) had this to say. “Vaccines train our immune systems to create proteins that fight disease, known as ‘antibodies’, just as would happen when we are exposed to a disease . Even people without symptoms develop an immune response.”

Who else should consider abstaining from the vaccination? “People with underlying health conditions that weaken their immune systems (such as cancer or HIV) or who have severe allergies to some vaccine components may not be able to get vaccinated.” - WHO

“Vaccines can cause anaphylaxis and other dangerous life-threatening side effects.” - NIH (National Institute of Health)

Example: “The United States stopped giving mandatory smallpox vaccinations 30 years ago. Some people die from it; and others have serious reactions, some permanent. Scientists say it's the most dangerous vaccine known to man.” - CBS News, 60 Minutes

These new COVID vaccines containing genetic instructions were rushed into use with extremely short trial periods. According to the IFPMA, the development of novel vaccines is a long endeavor. “It takes usually between 10 to 15 years to develop a novel vaccine, as well as establishing its quality, safety and efficacy.” states the International Federation of Pharmaceutical Manufacturers & Associations.

The NIH, CDC, Biomedical Advanced Research and Development Authority (BARDA), and the Department of Defense (DoD) combined to find the vaccine and dubbed the project OWS which stands for “Operation Warp Speed”. - Source/NIH’s National Institute of Infectious Diseases.

So bear in mind when you are being told that this vaccine is safe that this is the same government whose EPA said the air quality at the 9/11 site was safe for the cleanup workers, the DoD who had no qualms conducting LSD experiments on unsuspecting soldiers and said there was no cancer link to Agent Orange, and for-profit drug companies who market drugs in third world countries even though the same drugs have been banned in the U.S. and Europe due to harmful side effects. From 08/30/2017 to 02/03/2021 327 drugs previously approved by the FDA as safe & effective were recalled. This information was obtained from the FDA’s official website.

My final concern is that the COVID vaccines utilize genetic engineering. Messenger RNA vaccines (mRNA) vaccines have strands of genetic material called mRNA - source/CDC

I am NOT an “anti-vaxxer” nor a conspiracy theorist. I have had the DPT, pneumococcal polysaccharide vaccine, HBV, and the zoster vaccine. I am susceptible and was routinely exposed to these diseases at my workplace. These vaccines have a proven record and were not rushed into production.

For those who have NOT already had a positive COVID test, I would carefully weigh the pros & cons of a new, relatively untested vaccine developed at “warp speed” (their words not mine) that uses genetic engineering against a virus that is just a nuisance for most people. Before you jump on me for stating it is “just a nuisance for most people” here is another direct quote from the WHO; “Most people infected with the COVID-19 virus will experience mild to moderate respiratory illness and recover without requiring special treatment.” COVID is not on a plane with Ebola, the Plague, Cholera, Malaria, or Yellow Fever. Not even close!

Unfortunately I have found that logical arguments backed by proven science (not “may happen” or “might not be”) fall on deaf ears. It is similar to having an argument over religion. The true believers have blind faith and no person will ever sway their belief no matter how sound the opposing view.

My previously published views on COVID have stirred such animosity that people have gone so far as to wish me “homeless” and that my children “die of cancer”. I have also been called a “quack”, a “know-it-all”, “part of the problem”, a “disgrace”, “brainwashed by Tr_ _p” (of course) and the list goes on and on.

I refuse to be bullied into silence when I see so many people who have been paralyzed with irrational fear and making decisions about their health based on largely one-sided views without fully examining all sides of the issue. Human beings are capable of independent thought and reason. We are not sheep or lemmings.

I am a retired RN, EMT-Paramedic with an ASN degree graduating summa cum laude, a member of 2 national honor societies, with past American Heart Association certifications in Advanced Cardiac Life Support and Pediatric Advanced Life Support. I also am a certified coroner after receiving my training at the Pennsylvania State Police Academy and served as the Chief Deputy Coroner for a county in Pennsylvania. I worked during the onset of AIDS/HIV, H1N1, MRSA & Necrotizing Fasciitis (flesh eating bacteria) and never have I seen such a level of misinformation and a bombardment of articles that focus on rare atypical cases and the hypothetical.

I only include this professional background information to distinguish myself from authors with absolutely no background in healthcare whatsoever and who state unproven theories often with no scientific support. I do not claim to be an expert, just experienced. As the actor Walter Brennan was often quoted from an old television show, The Guns of Will Sonnett; “No brag, just fact".

David, thank you for your courage to provide an alternative professional point of view. I share your concerns about the mRNA vaccines. I do NOT trust this technology and my reading of many deaths worldwide, especially for seniors, makes me very hesitant. I will get the J & J vaccine as it is the classic approach to making a vaccine. I suggest you search for Dr. Sherri Tenpenny, who is one of the most authoritative sources on vaccines in the USA. Moreover, go to the NIH and search for a study that was done using nanoparticle size silver colloid that proves clearly that it kills Covid-19 and will also kill any coming mutations of this family of viruses. Big pharma does not want us to know about something so simple as they can make nothing from using natural products. I fear posting the links to these articles will preclude my comments from posting, so if you can't find these articles, send me a private message with your email address and I will send the links directly to you. It is sad, but we can not trust the WHO nor the CDC nor Dr. Faucci as they all have agendas that provide them with lots of money. This will all be exposed eventually, but the damage will already be done.
Old 02-18-2021, 06:58 AM
Veteran member
Thanked 1,015 Times in 273 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevekennedy3 View Post
David, thank you for your courage to provide an alternative professional point of view. I share your concerns about the mRNA vaccines. I do NOT trust this technology and my reading of many deaths worldwide, especially for seniors, makes me very hesitant. I will get the J & J vaccine as it is the classic approach to making a vaccine. I suggest you search for Dr. Sherri Tenpenny, who is one of the most authoritative sources on vaccines in the USA. Moreover, go to the NIH and search for a study that was done using nanoparticle size silver colloid that proves clearly that it kills Covid-19 and will also kill any coming mutations of this family of viruses. Big pharma does not want us to know about something so simple as they can make nothing from using natural products. I fear posting the links to these articles will preclude my comments from posting, so if you can't find these articles, send me a private message with your email address and I will send the links directly to you. It is sad, but we can not trust the WHO nor the CDC nor Dr. Faucci as they all have agendas that provide them with lots of money. This will all be exposed eventually, but the damage will already be done.
😳🙄😂. I will get the shot!
Gggggeeeeeezzzzzz
Old 02-18-2021, 07:06 AM

Thanks for posting. You encapsulated all my thoughts in a clear, concise summary
Old 02-18-2021, 07:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
I have NO background in healthcare. I am skeptical about some of your assumed facts. In the first sentence you say; "Myself, my family, my neighbors, and millions of others have already had COVID and are actively (or sometimes called naturally) immune. "

Your neighbors??? We live in an enclosed village of 54 homes that communicate well and only one couple has had Covid-19 in the year since we became aware of it. There is a lot of communication among friends on Facebook about Covid etc. here in The Villages and I am not aware of a LOT of people anywhere here having Covid, enough to say that we could count on a general group being immune.

I could and can debate and refute several of your other statements...and agree with the fact that some people react to things like a vaccine that had an element that they are extremely allergic to, such as eggs. Most mothers know about anaphylactic shock, and allergic reactions that cause some of us to carry an Epi-pen. ( a shot of epinephrine that people use as a first reaction to a severe allergy. I have not heard of any deaths from the vaccine at all in the last four weeks with over a million people vaccinated in Florida.

I will not try further to change your mind. I think you are afraid.
I agree with you . He is afraid and a conspiracy guy. I have a friend like him and there is no reasoning with him. The vacine is safe,millions have gotten it and are still alive.
Old 02-18-2021, 07:12 AM

As someone who also already had COVID-19 I have been closely following the immunity research and there have been a number of documented cases of people getting over covid and months later getting it again, and dying, Most theorize a different strain infection but so far no proof of that. Immunity on avg is estimated to last (at a protective level) only 6 months or so, after that the "natural" immunity fades quickly. You don't want the vaccine, fine but your logic is more than a bit tortured to come to your conclusions.
Old 02-18-2021, 07:19 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Myself, my family, my neighbors, and millions of others have already had COVID and are actively (or sometimes called naturally) immune. A person who is now immune cannot get or give the disease. The COVID virus is NOT one of those diseases in which an immune person can be a carrier. Therefore we do not need to get vaccinated or wear a mask. Even if I did not previously have had COVID I would still refuse a vaccine for the reasons that follow.

Many people will argue that active or natural immunity is different from vaccinated immunity. Here is what the CDC says; “Active immunity results when exposure to a disease organism triggers the immune system to produce antibodies to that disease. Exposure to the disease organism can occur through infection with the actual disease (resulting in natural immunity), or introduction of a killed or weakened form of the disease organism through vaccination (vaccine-induced immunity). Either way, if an immune person comes into contact with that disease in the future, their immune system will recognize it and immediately produce the antibodies needed to fight it.”

The WHO (World Health Organization) had this to say. “Vaccines train our immune systems to create proteins that fight disease, known as ‘antibodies’, just as would happen when we are exposed to a disease . Even people without symptoms develop an immune response.”

Who else should consider abstaining from the vaccination? “People with underlying health conditions that weaken their immune systems (such as cancer or HIV) or who have severe allergies to some vaccine components may not be able to get vaccinated.” - WHO

“Vaccines can cause anaphylaxis and other dangerous life-threatening side effects.” - NIH (National Institute of Health)

These new COVID vaccines containing genetic instructions were rushed into use with extremely short trial periods. According to the IFPMA, the development of novel vaccines is a long endeavor. “It takes usually between 10 to 15 years to develop a novel vaccine, as well as establishing its quality, safety and efficacy.” states the International Federation of Pharmaceutical Manufacturers & Associations.

The NIH, CDC, Biomedical Advanced Research and Development Authority (BARDA), and the Department of Defense (DoD) combined to find the vaccine and dubbed the project OWS which stands for “Operation Warp Speed”. - Source/NIH’s National Institute of Infectious Diseases.

So bear in mind when you are being told that this vaccine is safe that this is the same government whose EPA said the air quality at the 9/11 site was safe for the cleanup workers, the DoD who had no qualms conducting LSD experiments on unsuspecting soldiers and said there was no cancer link to Agent Orange, and for-profit drug companies who market drugs in third world countries even though the same drugs have been banned in the U.S. and Europe due to harmful side effects. From 08/30/2017 to 02/03/2021 327 drugs previously approved by the FDA as safe & effective were recalled. This information was obtained from the FDA’s official website.

My final concern is that the COVID vaccines utilize genetic engineering. Messenger RNA vaccines (mRNA) vaccines have strands of genetic material called mRNA - source/CDC

I am NOT an “anti-vaxxer” nor a conspiracy theorist. I have had the DPT, pneumococcal polysaccharide vaccine, HBV, and the zoster vaccine. I am susceptible and was routinely exposed to these diseases at my workplace. These vaccines have a proven record and were not rushed into production.

For those who have NOT already had a positive COVID test, I would carefully weigh the pros & cons of a new, relatively untested vaccine developed at “warp speed” (their words not mine) that uses genetic engineering against a virus that is just a nuisance for most people. Before you jump on me for stating it is “just a nuisance for most people” here is another direct quote from the WHO; “Most people infected with the COVID-19 virus will experience mild to moderate respiratory illness and recover without requiring special treatment.” COVID is not on a plane with Ebola, the Plague, Cholera, Malaria, or Yellow Fever. Not even close!

Unfortunately I have found that logical arguments backed by proven science (not “may happen” or “might not be”) fall on deaf ears. It is similar to having an argument over religion. The true believers have blind faith and no person will ever sway their belief no matter how sound the opposing view.

My previously published views on COVID have stirred such animosity that people have gone so far as to wish me “homeless” and that my children “die of cancer”. I have also been called a “quack”, a “know-it-all”, “part of the problem”, a “disgrace”, “brainwashed by Tr_ _p” (of course) and the list goes on and on.

I refuse to be bullied into silence when I see so many people who have been paralyzed with irrational fear and making decisions about their health based on largely one-sided views without fully examining all sides of the issue. Human beings are capable of independent thought and reason. We are not sheep or lemmings.

I am a retired RN, EMT-Paramedic with an ASN degree graduating summa cum laude, a member of 2 national honor societies, with past American Heart Association certifications in Advanced Cardiac Life Support and Pediatric Advanced Life Support. I also am a certified coroner after receiving my training at the Pennsylvania State Police Academy and served as the Chief Deputy Coroner for a county in Pennsylvania. I worked during the onset of AIDS/HIV, H1N1, MRSA & Necrotizing Fasciitis (flesh eating bacteria) and never have I seen such a level of misinformation and a bombardment of articles that focus on rare atypical cases and the hypothetical.

I only include this professional background information to distinguish myself from authors with absolutely no background in healthcare whatsoever and who state unproven theories often with no scientific support. I do not claim to be an expert, just experienced. As the actor Walter Brennan was often quoted from an old television show, The Guns of Will Sonnett; “No brag, just fact".

If you believe that, then you probably believe that if you get the flu, you will get immunity. The virus is a virus and will come back to get you.
Old 02-18-2021, 07:29 AM

Identify yourself
Old 02-18-2021, 07:30 AM

That’s why I’m so glad I live in the USA where we have the freedom to speak our different beliefs and to disagree or agree. It’s great to live in a country where you can.
Closed Thread

Tags
immune, vaccine, disease, covid, people

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.