Why "White Power?"

Closed Thread
Old 07-05-2020, 12:55 PM
Platinum member
Thanked 3,224 Times in 929 Posts

Ah yes the righteous and truthful national media that had Richard Jewell tried, convicted and sentenced. Or the story on Chevrolet trucks with the exploding gas tanks. After destroying numerous trucks in rear end collisions that didn't explode they had to put an explosive device in the tank of the last truck they had to get the explosion they wanted. A little searching on the internet will turn up so many errors in judgement, integrity and honesty of our media. I have had some dealings with members of the media and I can say that I felt the need for a long hot shower afterwards.
Old 07-05-2020, 12:57 PM

I think people can no longer differentiate between speaking and acting. Speaking about race and personal differences is completely different from acting on those differences. How can anyone get around their differences if we do not discuss them. Yet, today discussing differences is equated to racism and racist activity. There is and always will be a big difference between speaking and acting. When I see protesters acting violently - that is racist! Civil debate is not! By the way, most people I know associate with those who have similar interests not different interests - could that be why we tend to stay within our associations which has noting to do with race or color. My two cents.
Old 07-05-2020, 12:59 PM

Not just viewed "nationwide." My friend who lives in New Zealand saw it on their news last week.
Old 07-05-2020, 01:20 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,910 Times in 1,528 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamamia54 View Post
In my moms later years I had an aide for her. Only a few hours a week so I could get out of the house. She was a black woman. We treated her like family. Including , but not limited to, leaving when her grandson missed his school bus, daughters car didn’t start, etc. I would tell her it’s fine just go. That meant I showered mom and got her ready for the day. I didn’t mind, I had a wonderful mother (and father). When she came back she would say I tell my friends I work for good “white” people. Then she would go on to say that say impossible there are no good “white” people. I have always found black people to be much more racist than white people. Personally, I would like to get to know a person to decide if I like them or not. There are white people I dislike, black people I like. Cut our skin and only one color will come out, red. It would really be such a beautiful world if everyone can just like and dislike people for who they are, not the color of their skin.
The solution to "beautiful people" would be like "herd immunity". Mix the DNA in a bottle and give a tax break to couples who use that to artificial inseminate fo children.
Old 07-05-2020, 01:31 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by retiredguy123 View Post
There is no question that black people are more racist than white people. When I worked for the Federal Government and travelled with my inspection team, we often encountered black hotel clerks, especially in the South. Whenever we had a problem, issue, or special request for the hotel, all I had to do was to ask my black team member to handle it. The hotel clerks would bend over backwards to get us anything we needed. Their racism against white people was blatant.
To prove, or even opinionate, that one ethnic group is more racist than another, you would need a controlled psychological study involving at least 3,000 subjects. The cost would be high but the value would be great,
Old 07-05-2020, 02:15 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackhawksFan View Post
Can we just say, that what ever side of the aisle we stand on, that both sides acted disgracefully and with a lack of the maturity of their years that day?

Our nation was built of disagreement and discourse but it needs a return to the civil side of those.

We need to get back to helping each other, respecting each other and lifting up those who have been held down. That's the America I wish to live in.
I am afraid that we are on the cusp of US history. We have 3 separate viruses to deal with. All 3 have been politicized. Even after this "cusp", it will be years before things smooth out in whichever direction history is pulling us. Take care.
Old 07-05-2020, 02:20 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by vermonster View Post
Your response is logical, but misses one point. The phrase "white power" is the rallying cry of Neo-Nazi and skinhead extremist groups. It is not inoffensive, especially to African Americans, Jewish Americans, Hispanic Americans, and others. Although I can only surmise the man who shouted it out does not belong to one of these extremist groups and was merely reacting in anger to a provocation, it is best to avoid giving these groups legitimacy by using their rallying cry. These groups are present in every state , their agenda is hateful and anti-American, and their presence is growing.
Yes, appears to be growing.
Old 07-05-2020, 02:29 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bucco View Post
I agree and will add.....i do not think that most of the folks on this forum denigrating a complete race of people understand, or care to, that the biggest thing is the POWER they are giving to the hate groups. When comments are made from our government or folks like this, they enable and empower the hate groups, whether intended or not.

They seem to think....what is the big deal...just words, but since they ring out to millions of people throughout the world as this did......it IS a big deal.

You are giving the power and will never get it back, and those taking it are not the ones you denigrate.

You folks fear the wrong groups.
Possibly true. Cultural polarization, similar to the 40's in Germany, can be used as a smoke and mirror screen to hide the real problem- Elitest power takeover and class warfare ; that could(?) lead to ethnic cleansing in the extreme.
Old 07-05-2020, 02:35 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bucco View Post
They are being "told to think like that". The mantra is given, and then repeated.

So many are simply being manipulated.

One example.....there were people complaining about being censored on Facebook or other media site. Not sure I understand what they mean by censored. Does nobody see the influences at work to manipulate what you believe on Facebook, Twitter, etc, while our professional free press is maligned. Conspiracy theories abound...
----------------------------

"CHICAGO (AP) — A loose network of Facebook groups that took root across the country in April to organize protests over coronavirus stay-at-home orders has become a hub of misinformation and conspiracy theories that have pivoted to a variety of new targets. Their latest: Black Lives Matter and the nationwide
protests of racial injustice.

These groups, which now boast a collective audience of more than 1 million members, are still thriving after most states started lifting virus

----------------------

The above from Associated Press and this...
------
"Facebook has removed nearly 200 social media accounts linked to white supremacy groups that planned to encourage members to attend protests over police killings of black people — in some cases with weapons, company officials said Friday.

The accounts on Facebook and Instagram were tied to the Proud Boys and the American Guard, two hate groups already banned on the platforms. Officials were already monitoring the accounts in preparation for removing them when they saw posts attempting to exploit the ongoing protests prompted by the death of George Floyd in Minneapolis."
----------------
Facebook removes nearly 200 accounts tied to hate groups

Those who tell you that "they" are being censored are part of the problem. They have been poisoned and intend to poison you. This comes many times from outside our borders but man times within.

The fear that posters have is way off the mark.

Do not fear those black skinned folks but the white skinned folks who provide the chaos impetus and keep it alive, the goal of so many.

The video which you discuss was forgotten, but it was then sent around the entire world. Those "little" slips....those just being whatever mean something.
Those opinions are knocking on some "truth doors".
Old 07-05-2020, 03:29 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,167 Times in 1,928 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
Who?
Agree with Gracie.............I wish people would learn to use this forum properly and REPLY WITH QUOTE when addressing someone's comment. Otherwise, it is a guessing game who the poster is replying to.
Old 07-05-2020, 03:38 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,922 Times in 783 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by coffeebean View Post
Oh, I get it. I have requested, many times, that posters REPLY WITH QUOTE. We are not mind readers on this forum and it is impossible most times to figure out who a poster is directing their comment to. I see I'm not the only one who would like to see this forum used properly.
I have asked that several times, to reply with quote. Some posts come in simultaneously, and you never know where your reply is going to end up in the queue. It's mostly new people. I wish Admin would add something to the guidelines about replying with quote. Maybe Gracie's all caps will get through.
Old 07-05-2020, 04:18 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,244 Times in 707 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobnyce View Post
I think people can no longer differentiate between speaking and acting. Speaking about race and personal differences is completely different from acting on those differences. How can anyone get around their differences if we do not discuss them. Yet, today discussing differences is equated to racism and racist activity. There is and always will be a big difference between speaking and acting. When I see protesters acting violently - that is racist! Civil debate is not! By the way, most people I know associate with those who have similar interests not different interests - could that be why we tend to stay within our associations which has noting to do with race or color. My two cents.
When was the last civil debate on race ?

I believe any riot or protest is the result of NO DEBATE.

A debate is give and take on both sides. Read this forum, and tell me if you foresee anyone here engaging in civil debate. This is a one way street and those here on that street show no sign, to me, of even trying to listen or understand.
Old 07-06-2020, 01:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponygirl View Post
Every day I read TOTV and am truly disturbed. Today there is talk of “they” and “them” and what is wrong with the words White Power”, that’s the same as Girl Scout Power. REALLY? I read the daily never ending threads filled with nasty language and negative stereotypes either due to implicit bias or overt racism.

And for what reason? Is it to satisfy the need to bully or the false need to protect your white life style or just to gossip in half-truths like mean 13 year old girls. It is appalling behavior and the most appalling was a recent post using the n-word disguised by using two number sixes instead of two letter g s. And the Moderator did not remove.

It is an embarrassment to be part of this community. See the recent article abt the golf cart rally (can't post link) and the article yesterday in the Washington Post, that the white power video was a glimpse into the politics in the Villages (can't post link).

Not sure what everyone is afraid of. I see people protecting their singular white lifestyle and it is sickening. The better option is to enjoy the beautiful town and make it welcoming and inclusive.

My husband and I bought a house in the Villages 4 years ago and planned to move here soon. We are fearful to see if there is a drop in housing prices after the negative golf cart parade videos were viewed nationwide. From the above articles, take a look at the negative comments abt the villages to see how the rest of the country feels abt the village lifestyle and whether they would want to be part of it.
I have that concern too. I'm afraid all this negative press will attract more racists to TV. We need more people who have compassion and empathy and understand what Black Lives Matter means and not those that blindly follow a narcissistic deranged con man who spews vitriolic hatred.
Old 07-06-2020, 04:21 AM
Sage
Thanked 7,371 Times in 2,517 Posts

How to destroy a country without bombs and missiles.
Plant enough contentious posts on social media, and the population will turn on each other, and do the job for you.
Simple!
Old 07-06-2020, 05:05 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,244 Times in 707 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Two Bills View Post
How to destroy a country without bombs and missiles.
Plant enough contentious posts on social media, and the population will turn on each other, and do the job for you.
Simple!
Which is exactly the game plan of those enabling this behavior.

Not new......was predicted and it's not being done without a specific plan. "We" are the pawns in that plan.
Closed Thread

Tags
“them”, experiences, including, people, carry

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.