Will Covid-19 vaccines cause long term side effects?

Closed Thread
Old 07-20-2021, 09:27 PM
John41

Quote:
Originally Posted by coffeebean View Post
Wish I had a crystal ball but , alas, I do not. Having said that, this article is very encouraging to all those of us who have been vaccinated with a Covid-19 vaccine.......

How Do We Know the COVID-19 Vaccine Won’t Have Long-Term Side Effects?
Long term side effects are not likely as mRNA has been studied since the 1990s. Last years Nobel winner, Jennifer Doudna, was studying it for years before Covid.
The pictures of vaccinated people with horns growing out of their head is just fear mongering.
Old 07-21-2021, 05:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garywt View Post
My 8 years of Chemo has side effects as well but I am still here. Those that have issues down the road, Morgan and Morgan will be around to help.
The pharmaceutical companies have been relieved of any responsibility for damages.
Old 07-21-2021, 05:47 AM

Short term effects without vaccination, terrible. Long term effects, without vaccination terrible.
Old 07-21-2021, 06:20 AM
Gold member
Thanked 1,558 Times in 597 Posts

Quote:
Wish I had a crystal ball but , alas, I do not. Having said that, this article is very encouraging to all those of us who have been vaccinated with a Covid-19 vaccine.......

How Do We Know the COVID-19 Vaccine Won’t Have Long-Term Side Effects?
Its called wait and see. Hundreds of articles have been out and this one is nothing new. Why keep rehashing it? Bored?
Old 07-21-2021, 06:30 AM
Veteran member
Thanked 1,295 Times in 439 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy1 View Post
Short term effects without vaccination, terrible. Long term effects, without vaccination terrible.
You’re right - if you’re obese and have diabetes, heart disease, or lung disease, or hypertension.
But if you don’t, statistics say you’re wrong…
Old 07-21-2021, 06:38 AM
Sage
Location: The Villages and the Northern Neck on the Chesapeake Bay, VA.
Thanked 3,112 Times in 1,344 Posts

We will learn more as we see changes in our mind, body and soul.
Old 07-21-2021, 07:21 AM

Go to The COVID Blog - Official blog of COVID Legal USA. Vaccines are the leading cause of coincidences. Stay Vigilant. for side effects information.
Old 07-21-2021, 07:42 AM

If you call death a long term problem then yes they will!
Old 07-21-2021, 07:43 AM

It’s a matter of weighing the possibility of unknown bad side effects from the vaccine versus the certainty of known bad side effects from the disease.
Old 07-21-2021, 08:04 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,645 Times in 1,516 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Windguy View Post
It’s a matter of weighing the possibility of unknown bad side effects from the vaccine versus the certainty of known bad side effects from the disease.
What "side effects" from the disease? I know at least a dozen folks that had Covid and have NO side effects from it. Yes, some folks have died WITH Covid. I am not suggesting that you are wrong, because the vaccine has probably saved millions of lives. However, the only side effects related to Covid is IF you become infected. Consider this, you are voluntarily getting the inoculation so you are running toward any side effects, whereas a person that is prudent about safety and does all the right things related to avoiding the virus is attempting to NOT become infected. So, that person will not have any side effects from the virus IF they are not infected. If they ARE infected, the chances of death or lasting side effects are very low.
I presumed the possibility of side effects when I chose to get the shots. I am the one that did all the shopping in the past year and I had no wish to infect my spouse. I willingly and knowingly took the chance that I might suffer side effects, in hopes of protecting her. If I was solo and had no one relying on me, I might have chosen a different path. I do not get the FLU shot and have never had the FLU. My choice.
Rather than second guessing and worrying over something that you have no control over, after getting the shots, why not just live your life with the idea of what will be, will be?
Old 07-21-2021, 08:07 AM
Soaring Parsley
Thanked 2,220 Times in 752 Posts
Default A question about compromise. . .

The virus is hitting young, healthy adults now — hard. They are being hospitalized. Some are dying. They are young and thought they were invincible.

Why can’t these 30, 40, 50 year-olds figure out that if they are vaccinated, they are protecting children — even — and especially — if they do not want their own kids vaccinated?

The more adults vaccinated, the more we protect children and let them get back to normal childhood life, including education alongside other kids — like in the “old days.”

Why are so many young adults unwilling to analyze risk vs. benefit and take the vaccination to insulate their children — who might not be vaccinated? Why can’t they see the compromise in adults taking the vaccine to protect children?

Children do not have a voice. Adults do.

The loss of a child leaves a longterm effect that never goes away — and the loss of a parent for a child leaves a longterm effect, too.

Boomer

Last edited by Boomer; 07-21-2021 at 08:19 AM.
Old 07-21-2021, 08:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrumpyOldMan View Post
Almost guaranteed it will have SOME long term side affects. And for some (few) those long term side affects will be serious.

Nothing is perfect. PERIOD. The issue is are the side affects worse than letting the virus run rampant throughout the country/world and mutating at will, into something with even worse long term affects on humanity.

Just my Not So Humble Opinion.
I don’t buy into this. Did the polio vaccine have long term affects, did the measles vaccine have long term affects etc. etc. the answer is no. The good news is even if it does most of us in TV who have gotten this vaccine are in our 60’s 70’s and 80’s so long term is not that long.
Old 07-21-2021, 08:27 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by drducat View Post
List of possible...All the way back to Oct 2020...the list looks wildly familiar to actual side affects happening....

imgbox - fast, simple image host
Wow....that was not what I expected and childish.
I guess the monitors are sleeping....this is not that kind of site
Old 07-21-2021, 08:40 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 2,477 Times in 753 Posts

Quote:
Why do you feel side effects are "almost guaranteed" long term. History has proven that serious side effects from vaccines occur up to six weeks after inoculation. Why do you think our vaccines will prove to be a problem in the future?
The "almost guaranteed" meant, "I don't know, but it could happen", since we rushed the drug to market.

I am NOT an anti-vax'er. I have confidence in the safety of the vaccines.
Old 07-21-2021, 08:47 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 2,477 Times in 753 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrown132 View Post
I don’t buy into this. Did the polio vaccine have long term affects, did the measles vaccine have long term affects etc. etc. the answer is no. The good news is even if it does most of us in TV who have gotten this vaccine are in our 60’s 70’s and 80’s so long term is not that long.
I agree with you, I am not saying vaccinations are not safe.

I am saying we rushed it to market, and it is a new (meaning hasn't been widely used previously) technology. It has been in process for a long time, it is based on sound science, and all that. I agree.

My point was when considering the possibility of serious mutations of COVID and the economy having to take another trip around the surge tree, I think the risk is extremely far less than the reward.

I expect if we see another surge as bad or worse than the last one, we will have a major worldwide recession (a recession is overdue from what I have read, but I dunno.). A lot of people will die from that if that happens.

So, now everyone can jump in and call me a fear-monger.
Closed Thread

Tags
encouraging, vaccinated, covid-19, vaccine, article

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.