acrylic lanai window sliders.

Closed Thread
Old 11-07-2012, 11:46 PM
Default acrylic lanai window sliders.

I am looking to replace parts on my lanai windows. I bought a pre owned home and need help figuring out where to start to look for repair parts for the buttons that hold the windows in. They have become brittle and some are broke. Any help or ideas where to look? I have looked at all the paper work left with the home and have found nothing helpful.
Old 11-08-2012, 07:47 AM
Sage

If you can get one slider out, there may be the manufacturer's name somewhere around the outside of the frame. If not, the next best idea would be to remove a latch or another small part/parts and start visiting the dealers.
Old 12-02-2012, 07:05 PM
Default Window Repair Parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ljarnold View Post
I am looking to replace parts on my lanai windows. I bought a pre owned home and need help figuring out where to start to look for repair parts for the buttons that hold the windows in. They have become brittle and some are broke. Any help or ideas where to look? I have looked at all the paper work left with the home and have found nothing helpful.
Pat's Mobile Home sales ands service in Leesburg has everything you need for those windows, including the acrylic material to relpace any that has tears or holes, and they have new webbing to install it with, if you replace any of the acrylic film, lay it in the sun after you cut the size you need, and let it get warm, cut it about 1 inch wider and longer than you need it, after you get it installed, use a heat gun to take all of the wrinkles out, it works like shrink wrap. They have parts for white and brown. There is also a special cleaner for those windows too. I get mine at Ace Hardware in Weirsdale. Hope this helps.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.