Add a light to a ceiling fan

Closed Thread
Old 04-20-2022, 08:58 AM
Sage
Thanked 14,051 Times in 5,337 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by retiredguy123 View Post
Legally, a handyman is not allowed to do any electrical work in your house unless he is a licensed electrical contractor with a Florida license. The same rule applies to plumbing work. You can install a ceiling fan or light kit yourself, but if an unlicensed handyman does it, the work is not legal. It has nothing to do with being in a union. It is about the type of Florida license the contractor has. Here is the website where you can verify the type of license any contractor has. I will hire a handyman to do minor electrical work, but, if he claims to be licensed to do it, I always check his license status, and if he is lying, I won't hire him. Or, if he is doing work hidden inside a wall, I want a licensed electrical contractor. It's not worth the liability risk.

Licensing Portal - License Search
Thanks for the info. Handyman has done a number of basic jobs for us including sensor for outside light pole and light kits with good success but will keep this in mind for the future
Closed Thread

Tags
light, fan, kit, leads, install

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.