any DIY issues putting a Sharkbite fitting on AFTER removing push pull valve?

Old 05-16-2024, 05:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoachKandSportsguy View Post
I watched several videos taking push pull pos valves off,

and just curious about putting a shark bite valve on in the same place?

Anyone have any favorite style valves for under sink and toilet?
I have 1/4 turn 90 degree fitting valves but also just curious. .

Thanks

I can use a pvc glue and a pvc valve but prefer not to due to pvc pipe length limitations for replacements after gluing.

Thanks!

sports "diy" guy
Replaced all mine. No issues after one year. Be careful of the little silver washer attached to the water line behind the push pull valve. It will cut you wide open. Wear gloves. I leaned that replacing my first valve. Good luck
Old 05-16-2024, 06:40 AM

I replaced every push/pull water valve in my home with Shark Bite a few years ago with no problems afterwards what so ever. If anything is going to fail its those cheap developers push/pull vales.Be sure to also change the one behind your fridge.

Last edited by Cassieb; 05-16-2024 at 06:40 AM. Reason: added a d
Old 05-16-2024, 07:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoadToad View Post
The Red and Blue pex are for identification convience. The Red is intended for the Hot water runs, the Blue for Cold water runs. No technology difference.
The alternative "cloudy" colored pex is a different chemistry and uses different connection methodology.
Google is your buddy, take a look for all the details.
Just adding more information, there are two different types of pex. Type A which uses the expansion type fittings and Type B which uses the crimp type fittings. They are not interchangeable and will fail if they are mixed.
Old 05-16-2024, 08:23 AM
Default Say What?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calisport View Post
My handiman put in sharkbite valves in years ago. Then a real plumber had to remove them all because he said they sometimes fail.
Not quite certain I understand your response. Did the Sharkbite fail and that was the reason you needed a plumber in to do the repair and to remove the remaining valves?
Old 05-16-2024, 08:30 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,945 Times in 934 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsiebenberger View Post
Replaced all mine. No issues after one year. Be careful of the little silver washer attached to the water line behind the push pull valve. It will cut you wide open. Wear gloves. I leaned that replacing my first valve. Good luck
Interesting, the silver washer is holding the decorative plate against the wall in my house, which is what its supposed to do?

I have never figured out what that washer is for, after watching the videos. . other than to be another pos thing to remove from cheap construction. .

its a "custom designed" house, not a "custom built" house. . .

diyguy

Tags
valve, pvc, push, pull, diy

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.