DIY - Garage Rental for working on autos

Closed Thread
Old 09-17-2013, 12:27 PM
Question DIY - Garage Rental for working on autos

With all of the car clubs in the villages, I'm sure that I am not the first person to wonder about the availability of renting an auto garage space so that I can work on my cars. I plan on asking some members of the auto clubs also but TOTV is so great that I didn't want to leave this avenue open.

Does anyone know of a close by location where you can rent a secure garage space so that you can leave your vehicle there and work on it as you find time? I would be looking to rent for a year or so. And, as an added bonus if it had a car lift that would be great!

Thanks.
Old 09-17-2013, 08:27 PM

Be interesting if there was one around the villages. There's such a club in Ocala called shade tree mechanics. They'll rent you a shop full of tools and lifts
Old 09-17-2013, 08:44 PM
Sage
Send a message via AIM to DonH57

Sort of like a auto hobby shop we ex military had on base, right? Someone with the right credentials may want to look into that. There is a wood craft shop in TV. As far as auto repair you could run into many liability and insurance issues due to the nature of the work.
Old 09-19-2013, 11:48 AM

I may check on the Shade Tree Mechanics deal in Ocala. Might be the closest I can find. DONH57, you have the right idea. I would necessarily need the tools but a lift would be nice. But, I have the floor jack and four stands that would work for me so I don't have to have the lift.

Keep your ears open for me. I've got three people that are in the same situation.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.