Electrical Concern Gardena Master Bedroom

Closed Thread
Old 12-31-2012, 01:03 PM
Default Electrical Concern Gardena Master Bedroom

Inside room entry has two switches and fan control. One switch has a red sticky dot and controls the top half of a duplex on the outside wall in the back of the room. It is wired as a two way switch, with the second controlling switch located adjacent to the sliding glass entry door. My question is what does the other switch mounted next to the fan control supposed to do? I’ve tried other duplexes in the room thinking it might control one of them with no success. I thought it might be there turn the fan on and off without having to change the fan speed but it has no effect. It does not light up like the other switch. Anybody out there know what it is supposed to control?
Old 12-31-2012, 01:15 PM

Mine controls the light on the fan.
Old 12-31-2012, 01:26 PM
Sage

I was also going to say it is probably for a fan light if you fan has one.
Old 12-31-2012, 01:38 PM
Eternal Member
Location: Formerly Refrigerated in Upstate NY, Now in village near Colony Plaza

We don't have the extra switch in our Gardenia. I'll venture a guess that the light on the fan is either an upgrade or something on newer models. Anyway, Do you have a copy of your site plan? If so it should show a line tracking from the switch to the fan light or wherever it goes. In case you don't have one I'll add instruction on how to get to it online site plan "if it's available," after I get them together. Not all property site plans on online.

Instructions:

1. Go to permits search at: https://etrakit.sumtercountyfl.gov/e...x?Group=PERMIT

2. On permits search page select "Site Address" under "Search Field & Operator."

3. Enter your street under "Search String" and click "Search."

4. You should now have a list of one or more permits issued for your property. Search each permit present to see if their are any attachments below the "Permit Information" tab.

5. If so select "Site Plan" to download the PDF copy of your site.
If not then your property doesn't have the plan online.

6. If you access the site plan you'll find a broken line running from your switch to it's connection.

Again, remember that not all permits have the attachments available. Hope this info helps!
"SMILE... TOMORROW MAY BE EVEN WORSE!"

Last edited by skyguy79; 12-31-2012 at 01:51 PM. Reason: Instructions Added
Old 12-31-2012, 07:51 PM

BIG thank you for your replies! Fan light which we don't have explains it.
Old 12-31-2012, 11:04 PM
Gold member

We have an extra switch that operates outlets above the kitchen cabinets, for accent lighting.
Old 01-01-2013, 03:36 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by OnInTwo View Post
Inside room entry has two switches and fan control. One switch has a red sticky dot and controls the top half of a duplex on the outside wall in the back of the room. It is wired as a two way switch, with the second controlling switch located adjacent to the sliding glass entry door. My question is what does the other switch mounted next to the fan control supposed to do? I’ve tried other duplexes in the room thinking it might control one of them with no success. I thought it might be there turn the fan on and off without having to change the fan speed but it has no effect. It does not light up like the other switch. Anybody out there know what it is supposed to control?

check your lani lights !!!!!

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.