Flexable decorating

Closed Thread
Old 05-11-2010, 11:42 AM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
I am finished.

I think if the houses down here have any kind of mutual problem is that they are either under or over accessorized. Under because they are in the process like you are ...
And JUDY, don't ever get down about not being finished. It is NOT the destination but the journey.
Right. It's all about the journey.. That was my excuse, but now I'm seeing what other folks have done and I feel like a total slacker. You're FINISHED Gracie! I never knew one could be finished with decorating, unless you hired a professional to do it for you... hmmm. Gracie? Are you looking for another project?
Bossier City, Louisiana
Salt Lake City & Ogden, Utah
The Villages, Florida
Old 05-11-2010, 11:44 AM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by villages07 View Post
Judy.... we had a tile 'backsplash' put under the kitchen bar counter. No more kick marks!!!

Floormasters did the job (about $500) with a very nice quality 4x4 stone tile; the black tile inserts match our countertops. They did a great job.
What a great idea! That looks terriffic 07. I'll file that away under my 'someday' list.
Bossier City, Louisiana
Salt Lake City & Ogden, Utah
The Villages, Florida
Old 05-11-2010, 04:00 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by villages07 View Post
Judy.... we had a tile 'backsplash' put under the kitchen bar counter. No more kick marks!!!

Floormasters did the job (about $500) with a very nice quality 4x4 stone tile; the black tile inserts match our countertops. They did a great job.

The Villages Florida
Very nice!
Old 08-07-2010, 10:15 AM
Default Decorating with northern color scheme

Gracie,
We're moving down in late Sept. with the same eggplant color sofa and love seat that are too comfy to leave behind. Where did you find your tropical fabric? I'm looking for other ideas on how to lighten up and Forida-ize the look of the living room. So glad for this discussion! Hope to meet y'all soon.
Old 08-07-2010, 11:33 AM
Default New vs. reupholstering

Unless you have a top of the line piece or family heirloom, it's usually better to buy new than to reupholster. By the time you invest in good quality fabric and pay someone for their labor it gets to be pretty pricey. I've found that I'm happier having neutral (but not boring) upholstery with fun, spashy accessories like rugs and pillows. You can change those out once you get tired of them and create a whole new look.

As for accessories, less is more for me. The less I have to dust and rearrange, the happier I am. I'm bringing more than I can use (we're closing in September) but I am planning to donate the extra things. Wouldn't it be fun to have an "accessories exchange" and everyone could trade in the things they are tired of and select "new" things! Sometimes it's not about having new but having something different.

I'm planning to decorate my new house in happy colors to reflect our new life in TV. I've left behind the burgundy and gold tapestry which was great in VA but not so much in FL. My degree is in interior design and I've spent the last few years helping people stage their homes for resale. I'll be happy to help out in any way I can after September 24. Just give me a few days to unpack!
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.