Flow tite valves

Closed Thread
Old 01-11-2012, 09:44 AM
Default Flow tite valves

In the General Discussion forum, I posted a description of the problems I've been having with the the shut-off valves on the bathroom and kitchen sinks. They are ACCOR flow tite valves and I'm hoping someone in this forum has some advice other than calling a plumber. I'd appreciate your replies...
Old 01-11-2012, 10:18 AM
BOMBERO

Quote:
Originally Posted by fromct View Post
In the General Discussion forum, I posted a description of the problems I've been having with the the shut-off valves on the bathroom and kitchen sinks. They are ACCOR flow tite valves and I'm hoping someone in this forum has some advice other than calling a plumber. I'd appreciate your replies...
http://www.accortechnology.com/flowtite.html

10 year labor and material warranty?
Old 01-11-2012, 10:49 AM
Soaring Eagle member

i have a simple question. My valve does not leak BUT underneat the kitchen sink a supple hose is wrapped around the Spray nozzle hose and I cannot pull the spray nozzzle out all the way.

My question is how do I release the hose portion from the valve?? All I want to do is untangle the hose and then immediately put it back on the valve!
Old 01-11-2012, 10:58 AM
Sage

Close both the cold and hot water supply valves.

Unscrew the spray hose (put a bowl under the connection to catch water in that line).

Relocate the spray hose as needed.

Reattached the spray hose.

Open the cold and hot water supply valves.

Da Chicago So Side; The Village of Park Forest, IL; 3/7 Cav, 3rd Inf Div, Schweinfurt, Ger 65-66; MACV J12 Saigon 66-67; San Leandro, Hayward & Union City, CA (San Francisco East Bay Area) GO DUBS ! (aka W's)
Old 01-11-2012, 11:42 AM
Soaring Eagle member

Thanks...when you say unscrew the spray hose...I assume that is on top of the sink not at the valve..... Correct?? I was thinking of making the hose switch at the valves..but this may be easier

Last edited by 784caroline; 01-11-2012 at 12:35 PM.
Old 01-11-2012, 04:13 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 784caroline View Post
Thanks...when you say unscrew the spray hose...I assume that is on top of the sink not at the valve..... Correct?? I was thinking of making the hose switch at the valves..but this may be easier
Unscrewing the spray nozzle may not be easier in the long run. I've had a few of those pesky nozzles leak after tampering with them. Then you probably have to buy a new nozzle and I can recall having problems with at least one of them. One problem is that many nozzles are made very cheaply and don't always seal well. Look hard at the valve connection. If it's accessible, with a simple clamp or screw band fastener, I'd remove it there before messing with the handle. I'd probably also cut off an inch of hose to get a fresh seal as well. (don't forget to shut off the water!)
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.