garage door opener?

Closed Thread
Old 01-12-2011, 10:15 PM
Eternal Member
Location: Formerly Refrigerated in Upstate NY, Now in village near Colony Plaza

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill-n-Brillo View Post
Hey skyguy - Is this the one you're looking for?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QBDrRl7d5ZA

Bill
BINGO! Thanks!
"SMILE... TOMORROW MAY BE EVEN WORSE!"
Old 01-12-2011, 10:40 PM
Sage

I chuckled when I read Chachacha's post because it brought back memories of that commercial. I was going to post that the + and - signs slammed the door on her hubby's behind inside the house.
Old 01-12-2011, 11:31 PM
Soaring Eagle member

call romac they are glad to help ( i have called them several times), garage doors sometimes open when you close them because when they get to the bottom of the cycle the rope installed for manual opening if not tucked properly into door will trip the sensor and cause door to open....gn
Old 01-13-2011, 09:40 AM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pooh View Post
And now, after 4+ years, my garage door is doing weird things. At night, I close the door and switch the keypad to locked. Well, last night, I went into the garage to put some trash out and the door was open. This is the third time it has happened. There's the possibility that another's code and mine were similar at that moment, but the door was in the locked mode and shouldn't have opened. Heck I can't open it with our remote or the main control when it's locked....I have to unlock it. Not sure what's happening. Anyone else have that problem?
Ah the pesky garage door opener with a mind of its own. We had this problem and it drove us nuts. We finally called a garage door guy who said the unit was old and needed replacing. We had it done and there is peace in the valley once again.
Old 01-13-2011, 09:44 AM
Gold member
Default Great syntax

Quote:
Originally Posted by chachacha View Post
since i don't have a golf cart garage i was never able to figure this out!! you have now finally assuaged my curiosity!
As an English major I gotta give you a salute for using : assuaged.
What do you do with a degree in English? Nothing and everything
Old 01-13-2011, 09:52 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by LI SNOWBIRD View Post
Ah the pesky garage door opener with a mind of its own. We had this problem and it drove us nuts. We finally called a garage door guy who said the unit was old and needed replacing. We had it done and there is peace in the valley once again.
I'm thinking it's time for a replacement, too. The door was down, I stayed until it was down, then I locked it, each time it happened. Sort of makes you uneasy when you know you've shut the stinkin' door and locked it, then you find it wide open! Romac has serviced the door for us since we've been here, but maybe the opener is getting ready to give up the ghost so to speak.
Old 04-27-2011, 11:43 AM

The plus and minus buttons are used to program a code for the remote control also they are used if you have more than one garage door, you can control up to three separate garage door openers.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.