Garage Door Window Inserts

Closed Thread
Old 06-06-2023, 02:44 PM
Red face Found & Done

Thank you all for your suggestions and guidance! I purchased the inserts from Romac in Lady Lake and just finished installing them. My wife and I like the look much better, but of course it is a matter of personal preference.

The inserts cost $47 per pair and we learned that the cathedral style that we removed are no longer available. Sheryl from Romac in Lady Lake @ 352-748-4575 assisted me with the purchase.

Here are before & after pictures.
Attached Thumbnails
The Villages Florida: Click image for larger version

Name:	20230606_175424783_iOS.jpg
Views:	281
Size:	34.1 KB
ID:	98789   The Villages Florida: Click image for larger version

Name:	20230606_193453090_iOS.jpg
Views:	246
Size:	42.3 KB
ID:	98790  
Old 06-08-2023, 06:07 AM

Curtains(https://dubaicurtain.com) can be hang on the garage door window to provide an amazing look to the rooms of the house.
Old 06-08-2023, 07:41 AM
Default Would appreciate seeing a phot of what you did! Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by villagetinker View Post
I am not sure what you are trying to do, but I removed all (14) windows on 2 garage doors and replaced the GLASS with LEXAN inserts and screened vents. This was done to allow air into the garage and still have some light. This was very easy to do as you noted the inserts are in place with screws, and I simply cut the Lexan to the correct size, and then added a hole for the vent and screen.
QUOTE=villagetinker;2223165]I am not sure what you are trying to do, but I removed all (14) windows on 2 garage doors and replaced the GLASS with LEXAN inserts and screened vents. This was done to allow air into the garage and still have some light. This was very easy to do as you noted the inserts are in place with screws, and I simply cut the Lexan to the correct size, and then added a hole for the vent and screen.[/QUOTE]
Old 06-10-2023, 04:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by villagetinker View Post
I am not sure what you are trying to do, but I removed all (14) windows on 2 garage doors and replaced the GLASS with LEXAN inserts and screened vents. This was done to allow air into the garage and still have some light. This was very easy to do as you noted the inserts are in place with screws, and I simply cut the Lexan to the correct size, and then added a hole for the vent and screen.
Thanks Villagetinker. Do you have a picture of when you replaced the garage windows with LEXAN inserts & screen vents?
Closed Thread

Tags
door, garage, inserts, windows, window

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.