Garage Door Window Inserts

Closed Thread
Old 06-03-2023, 12:36 PM
Question Garage Door Window Inserts

Does anyone know of a local source to purchase plastic window inserts for garage door windows?

As I drive around, I see a number of different styles and I would like to replace the 6 in the windows of my garage door with something different. On my door the inserts are just held in with screws, from the inside and they are 18" x 10 1/2"

Thanks for any help!
Old 06-03-2023, 03:51 PM
Sage
Thanked 6,160 Times in 2,252 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by greatcrimson View Post
Does anyone know of a local source to purchase plastic window inserts for garage door windows?

As I drive around, I see a number of different styles and I would like to replace the 6 in the windows of my garage door with something different. On my door the inserts are just held in with screws, from the inside and they are 18" x 10 1/2"

Thanks for any help!
I am not sure what you are trying to do, but I removed all (14) windows on 2 garage doors and replaced the GLASS with LEXAN inserts and screened vents. This was done to allow air into the garage and still have some light. This was very easy to do as you noted the inserts are in place with screws, and I simply cut the Lexan to the correct size, and then added a hole for the vent and screen.
Old 06-03-2023, 06:05 PM

Thanks villagetinker, I don't want to replace the actual windows, only the cathedral shaped plastic pieces that are mounted from the inside. So many people have that style, that I was just thinking of replacing them with a multi-square or wagon wheel style. I could just remove the cathedral pieces and leave it at that, and then they would be a simple rectangle, but I've seen some nicer shapes, so that's what I'm after.
Old 06-03-2023, 06:17 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,368 Times in 2,396 Posts

Quite a few different styles available on Amazon.
Old 06-03-2023, 07:40 PM

The only ones that I see on Amazon are magnets that stick on the outside of the garage door. My current 18" x 10 1/2" plastic inserts are screwed into a frame on the inside.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bogie Shooter View Post
Quite a few different styles available on Amazon.
Old 06-04-2023, 11:32 AM

Window Blinds Dubai can be used in the garage door window.
Old 06-04-2023, 07:31 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,368 Times in 2,396 Posts

Romac Building Supply in leesburg may have them.
MATERIALS | RoMac FL

Also check with Home Warranty on who installed the door and maybe the name of the door.
Old 06-05-2023, 05:04 AM

From Amazon
Old 06-05-2023, 05:11 AM
Veteran member

I had mine replaced by a guy that advertised in the Daily Sun Service Directory section.
Old 06-05-2023, 06:16 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,131 Times in 417 Posts

Try the sub-contractor who probably installed the garage door, or sold the door to the sun who did install it. Chances are it was ROMAC in Leesburg.
Old 06-05-2023, 06:45 AM
Default Romac

I bought mine from Romac on Rolling Acres, gave them my address they knew what I needed.
Old 06-05-2023, 06:49 AM

Quote:

Thanks for any help!
Where we previously lived we had the same situation where we wanted a different style of insert. We just called a local garage repair company we’d used before, and they had a variety of styles for us to choose from. But, I agree with others who’ve said to check with warranty for info on who installed your garage door before calling anyone else.
Old 06-05-2023, 06:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by villagetinker View Post
I am not sure what you are trying to do, but I removed all (14) windows on 2 garage doors and replaced the GLASS with LEXAN inserts and screened vents. This was done to allow air into the garage and still have some light. This was very easy to do as you noted the inserts are in place with screws, and I simply cut the Lexan to the correct size, and then added a hole for the vent and screen.
Sounds like a neat idea. You happen to have any pictures of your project?
Old 06-05-2023, 10:47 AM
Default Can I purchase those cathedral shaped pieces?

Quote:
Thanks villagetinker, I don't want to replace the actual windows, only the cathedral shaped plastic pieces that are mounted from the inside. So many people have that style, that I was just thinking of replacing them with a multi-square or wagon wheel style. I could just remove the cathedral pieces and leave it at that, and then they would be a simple rectangle, but I've seen some nicer shapes, so that's what I'm after.
If they are what I think, we like that look but they are discontinued. We would need eight. Please email rpalumberi@optonline.net if available. Can you send a picture as well? thanks
Old 06-05-2023, 04:16 PM
Gold member

Quote:

Thanks for any help!
I believe they are available at RoMac Building Supply in Lady Lake, their Garage Door Division352-748-4575.
Closed Thread

Tags
door, garage, inserts, windows, window

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.