Sliders to Replace Lanai screens

Closed Thread
Old 08-25-2011, 09:16 AM
Gold member
Default Sliders to Replace Lanai screens

I want to enclose the lanai with sliders which can be open in good weather, and closed when the monsoons are here. I looked online and discovered 9.0' wide sliders can be purchased through the major DIY stores. Our lanai is 9' wide, so one slider would fit that existing frame. These could be used to complete the two sides. The lanai wall facing our neighbor's house side wall, are longer, so bit more of an issue with that. Anyone else done this themselves? The only issue I recognize, is, are the existing aluminum frames sturdy enough to support the sliding door?
Old 10-01-2011, 09:10 PM

hi shrandell
you want to call PAK fixes, his name is paul kasperek, this man can tell u every thing that you need to know, he also gives free estament, and true words of advice,
his ph# 352-360-9739
paul has done a couple small jobs for me, and my freinds also have high regards, exceptional workmanship, please tell him that i refered u to him.
Old 10-02-2011, 06:11 AM
Gold member
Default thanks

Thanks, Thomas I used to flip properties when the market was good, and know it is a comparatively simple job to install standard sliders into the lanai wall space.

I've already changed our At Ease Cottage floor plan, when I purchased French doors and hired a guy to remove the rear kitchen wall. There was ab 8'6" wall and window where a door needed to be to gain access to the back of the house. Of course, I got permission and permits.

Last edited by Boudicca; 10-21-2011 at 06:53 PM.
Old 10-02-2011, 08:19 AM

One thing to consider when you measure for the DIY sliders is that your lanai floor probably slopes from the house to the outside by one inch or more. The hardest part of the job is squaring up the opening so your slider will not be out of square.

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.