Help! Cleaning kitchen sink

Closed Thread
Old 01-17-2011, 08:39 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichieLion View Post
I you purchase your home new, you should have a listing in your paperwork of all the items installed in your paperwork.

On a resale like yours, i would call The Villages Home Warranty Dept. at 352-753-6222 and give them your Unit # and Homesite # and they can tell you what's installed in your home and/or give you the name of the original contracted installer of those items.
Hi Richie - Yep, we got all that paperwork from the prior/original owners. It's at the villa............and we're in OH at present. Boo! I already had made a note to myself to check the info on the sink when we get down there to TV next month.

Thanks!

Bill
Old 01-17-2011, 10:34 AM
Send a message via AIM to Zass38

I have a similar sink..called featherstone. I use Clorox "Cleanup Cleaner" and a 3M scrub pad. This works great and is one of the manufacturer's recommended cleaning methods. I do this about every week. No stains so far.
Old 01-17-2011, 03:30 PM

OK - after some further investigation (a trip to Lowes today) - I admit that you guys know your stuff. Guess I don't get out much as I've never heard of a plastic sink - yup, in Lowes there was a genuine porcelain imitation plastic sink.

Don't use oven cleaner on those for sure - oh wait, oven cleaner might be just thing to rid that stain - it would eat right through the plastic making sink replacement mandatory so the stain is gone afterall.

But oven cleaner is awesome in removing soap scum on my genuine procelain bath tub - works better than all that hand scrubbing with comet. Wife tells me to use that body wash stuff (that doesn't add the soap scum) but it washes off my hands before I even get one toe washed and then I smell like a girl once done. Nope - no body wash for me. (Dollar Store oven cleaner works as good as the expensive stuff for whatever it's worth - at least on bath tubs).

Keep that awesome exchange of Villages knowledge going - you guys are smart.
Old 01-17-2011, 06:01 PM

Thank-you Kit9240- I tried your suggestion of gel dishwasher detergent, leaving it sit for 10 minutes or so and it worked very well! The stains are gone and it looks 90-95% better! That last 5-10% I may never get back just because of age and use. Its the bottom that doesn't look pure white & glossy any more but I am much happier with the look now. TOTV solves another problem!
Old 01-17-2011, 08:16 PM
Veteran member

Hey, thanks!! I just tried brillo pads on my glass cooktop and it worked! That is one hard surface to keep clean, and I have tried everything!
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.