Help with Manufactured Window Glass??

Closed Thread
Old 06-12-2012, 01:23 PM
Default Help with Manufactured Window Glass??

Can someone tell me how to replace the glass in a window in a manufactured home. I have a small crack in the bottom glass that raises up and down but I see no screws or a way to remove the glass. Help please!!
Old 06-12-2012, 02:07 PM

Melinda :I'll guess you have vinyl windows and the frames are what they call welded at the corners(corners are heat fused together). On one face of the glass - either inside or outside depending on the manufacturer, there will be what appears like a half inch wide picture frame against the glass. That half inch wide trim pops off with a little prying-I use a thin putty knife and a mallet to get it started. Tap flat along the glass, not down into the glass. Once the trim piece is off you will see the edge of the glass unit. Then flip it to the other side and use the same putty knife to break the bond between the glass and vinyl. A two sided glazing tape holds the glass in, much like they glue the wind shield in a car. The insulated glass is one unit that will pop out once bond is broken. A new insulated glass unit consisting of two peices of glass and a spacer can be made and put back into the same frame.
Old 06-12-2012, 09:47 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,578 Times in 1,323 Posts

I would call the window guy

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.