Par Car Delta Q -- charger codes??

Closed Thread
Old 03-28-2011, 08:12 AM
Default Par Car Delta Q -- charger codes??

I'm getting three(3) blinks from the red light about cycling every second or two after my normal overnight charging instead of the usual green light. It cycles back to a normal charge after removing power etc. I'm guessing it's telling me that it is timing out and unable to complete the full charge cycle. Does any of you gurus have a real service manual for a Par Car with the Delta Q charger.
I'm in the zone of thinking about batteries, (40 months of use), but am debating just replacing the bad one if that's the case rather than all.
Any thoughts?
Thx
Old 03-28-2011, 09:14 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul T View Post
I'm getting three(3) blinks from the red light about cycling every second or two after my normal overnight charging instead of the usual green light. It cycles back to a normal charge after removing power etc. I'm guessing it's telling me that it is timing out and unable to complete the full charge cycle. Does any of you gurus have a real service manual for a Par Car with the Delta Q charger.
I'm in the zone of thinking about batteries, (40 months of use), but am debating just replacing the bad one if that's the case rather than all.
Any thoughts?
Thx
/* Alan is not a professional cart person, but does have some DIY experience maintaining my own carts */

No clue on charger, my old Par Car did not have an on board charger. 40 months is about my budget for a battery pack, so worth looking into the pack. If you have a volt meter or multi meter you should grab some voltages from your batteries and post.

First charge your pack completely (as completely as you can), then let sit for at least a few hours. Document the voltage of each battery. This alone may tell the story.

A second set of numbers can be obtained next time you drive the cart for 20 plus miles, do not charge it right away. Let it sit for 30 minutes then retake all of the voltages.

A third set of numbers can be obtained during the final phase of charging (3-5 AMPS). While charger is running, document the voltage of each battery.

As far as replacing one? I would only do this if you find one really bad battery and you can find another battery about the same condition as the rest in your pack.

Glad you are posting here, as I love reading about golf carts in TV on TOTV. If we prove to not provide what you are looking for I would try http://server1.buggiesunlimited.com/phpBB2/

I was just asking a simlilar question there last week....
Old 03-28-2011, 09:19 AM
Post Fyi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul T View Post
Any thoughts?
Thx
3 flash - charge timeout: The charging did not complete in allowed time, 12 - 14 hours. According to the manual this could indicate a battery problem or can be caused by high ambient temperature. Allow cool down time and restart charger.

If it is battery problem I recommend Battery Boys, They do quality work and have fair prices. Give Ken Zalecki a call at 352-643-1340.
Old 03-28-2011, 03:44 PM

I heard that this happens sometimes. Check your water level and charge it again. Also think about getting a voltage reducer if you don"t already have one.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.