I’m in need of a permanent way to make my bathtub non slip

Closed Thread
Old 11-13-2012, 10:05 PM
Location: just moved to Beaverton, OR. missing Florida though!
Default I’m in need of a permanent way to make my bathtub non slip

I slipped while taking a shower the other morning and took a nasty fall. My right side is bruised up pretty bad and my head hit the wall. Luckily, other than these few bruises I’m ok. But I am scared that it could happen again. The mats I have now just don’t seem to be doing the job. Does anyone know of a way to permanently make my bathtub nonslip so that this doesn’t happen again in the future?
Thanks!
Old 11-13-2012, 10:16 PM

Are you ok GoldenMan? This actually happend to a neighbor of mine as well less than a month ago. She twisted her ankle pretty bad and had a slight limp for almost two weeks. Her husband ended up using a certain product to treat their tub. From what she told me, it greatly increased the traction and helped make the bathtub non slip. Due to the site guidelines, I am not allowed to mention the name, but if you go on a Google search and type in "slippery tile" it is the first search result.
Old 11-13-2012, 10:21 PM

I’m fine. I just have a few bruises up and down my right side from where it hit the side of the bathtub. I’m going to look for that product tomorrow when I’m out running my errands. Thanks for the advice!
Old 11-14-2012, 11:24 AM

Hey APVincent, I went to HomeDepot and Lowes today but neither of them carried that Johnny Grip stuff. They had other products that were made to make bathtubs non slip but not Johnny Grip. I wasn't so sure about buying the other stuff because I've never really heard anything about it. Do you know where your neighbor bought it from?
Old 11-14-2012, 11:48 AM

Sorry for the post the place is a scam beware.

Last edited by silvertoken; 11-14-2012 at 01:12 PM.
Old 11-14-2012, 03:51 PM

I’m sorry about sending you on a wild goose chase! Lol. I asked Grace and found out her husband purchased it online.
Old 11-14-2012, 04:12 PM
Sage

You can order it here

About Johnny Grip
Not a coating, Johnny Grip mop on/rinse off anti-slip treatment is proven to make wet tile floors slip-resistant. It works so well that Handyman Magazine decided to run a feature article on it.

Indoors or outdoors, you can have non slip tile floors, non slip bathtub, or non slip shower floors in just minutes. Improves safety and prevents slip-fall accidents in your kitchen or bathroom, restaurant, hotel, or anywhere with slippery tile. Johnny Grip is a proven anti-slip tile treatment that mops on and rinses off to fix slippery tile floors and slippery tubs forever - Guaranteed or your money back.
Old 11-14-2012, 04:35 PM

Thanks for your help guys! I just purchached a small bottle. I hope it works well. I can't deal with anymore bruised hips!
Old 11-14-2012, 04:36 PM
Sage

If it rinses off how can it work in a shower?
Ecclesiasites 3:12
Old 11-14-2012, 04:42 PM
Sage

How it works
The Secret of Johnny Grip is that it amazingly transforms the surface of the tile microscopically making it rougher thus creating friction and greatly increasing the level of traction.

The Villages Florida
Old 01-01-2013, 01:36 PM
Default Just for tile?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimbo2012 View Post
You can order it here

About Johnny Grip
Not a coating, Johnny Grip mop on/rinse off anti-slip treatment is proven to make wet tile floors slip-resistant. It works so well that Handyman Magazine decided to run a feature article on it.

Indoors or outdoors, you can have non slip tile floors, non slip bathtub, or non slip shower floors in just minutes. Improves safety and prevents slip-fall accidents in your kitchen or bathroom, restaurant, hotel, or anywhere with slippery tile. Johnny Grip is a proven anti-slip tile treatment that mops on and rinses off to fix slippery tile floors and slippery tubs forever - Guaranteed or your money back.

Is this product just for ceramic/porcelan tile? I am curious about an epoxy painted floor in my garage that is slippery when wet, and a fiberglass tub/shower that is slippery.
Thanks
Old 01-01-2013, 01:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by royr View Post
Is this product just for ceramic/porcelan tile? I am curious about an epoxy painted floor in my garage that is slippery when wet, and a fiberglass tub/shower that is slippery.
Thanks
I use a product called slip Doctor, it works very well and does not cost much,just bru**** on a clean surface and it stopps the floor from being slippery. Make sure you get the correct product for the floor you are treating , tile ,porclin ,cement,etc.{QUOTE}
Old 01-01-2013, 02:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by royr View Post
Thanks
I use a product called slip Doctor, it works very well and does not cost much,just brush it on a clean surface and it stopps the floor from being slippery. Make sure you get the correct product for the floor you are treating , tile ,porclin ,cement,etc.{QUOTE}
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.