inside car-Garage door openers

Closed Thread
Old 11-12-2011, 08:26 AM
Location: Village of Hemmingway, permanant....from St. Louis, Missouri
Default inside car-Garage door openers

We just moved here and bought a new car. We are haveing a problem programing our MVP allstar garage door opener to our car. Any suggestions?
Old 11-12-2011, 08:42 AM
Sage

Didn't you get instructions for the garage door opener. Otherwise call the Home Warranty Dept. at 753-6222. They will help you.
Ecclesiasites 3:12
Old 11-12-2011, 08:44 AM
Default Garage door opener issues

Wynneshanks, This might not be the issue but here it goes. The last two I programmed requies you to hold down the button being programmed and one other button to erase the first program. Then once the led starts flashing it is ready for the new program to be stored. You hold the garage door opener within 3 inches facing the device while pushing the button until the led goes off. Then the new code is stored and it should work. Now this procedure could be a little different depending on the brand of the car. Worse case go back to the dealership where the car was bought and ask the salesman to show you how. He or she should be willing to help. Hope this helps.

Village of Duval
Old 11-12-2011, 11:01 AM

You must teach the car first. Find the book for the car and there should be a section how to teach the car.....
Old 11-12-2011, 11:39 AM
Sage

This link might help - programming instructions for the MVP transmitter and door operator:

http://linearcorp.com/pdf/allstar/110977B.pdf

It does note that the unit is HomeLink compatible. So if your vehicle has the HomeLink system, you should be able to get it to work with the opener.

Bill
Old 11-12-2011, 12:16 PM
Sage

Why should it have anything to do with the car? You could use the remote without a car
Old 11-12-2011, 12:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jblum315 View Post
Why should it have anything to do with the car? You could use the remote without a car
A lot of cars today come with Homelink or some other in-car garage door operator. I have a 2011 Acura TSX with Homelink. The Acura owner's manual tells exactly how to program the Homelink. Why carry around the remote and have to fumble with it when all you have to do is reach up and push the Homelink button just above you. Of course some cars don't have this convenient feature so you then have to carry the remote.
Old 11-12-2011, 10:43 PM
Veteran member

I initally had problems programming Homelink in my Chrysler van. The instructions said to make sure the battery in the remote was new. I replaced the battery, tried again...went through the learning program. Sure enough, it worked.
Old 11-12-2011, 11:12 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by philnpat View Post
I initally had problems programming Homelink in my Chrysler van. The instructions said to make sure the battery in the remote was new. I replaced the battery, tried again...went through the learning program. Sure enough, it worked.
....SO....I read this thread.................

....DANG...ya'll be smarter than me....I did NOT even know the car had the Homelink thingy....Shore nuff thar she bees......right thar on da rear view mirror.....Holy moley, what'll they come up with next........Got out the owners' manual.....Voila....15 minutes later---the Mrs. comes out and programs the rear view mirror for me. I ask her...."how did you know how to do that without lookin' in the manual".......she just gave me a wink and a love-pat on top of my head...... I sure am a LUCKY guy.....I wonder... "What the HECK was she thinking" ....... she must have known way back when that I was NOT just PLAYING DUMB.... NOW, I go to her car and push the button on HER mirror.......Guess what.... The garage door goes up from there too........ Life IS good.

Last edited by mrfixit; 11-12-2011 at 11:48 PM. Reason: clean up naughty word
Old 11-13-2011, 05:51 PM
Sage

I haven't done mine because I don't want anyone breaking into my car while setting in the driveway and have access into my house through the garage. If you're car is inside the garage then ok, but what if it is stolen from a restaurant or mall? It's like leaving them keys to your home. Your GPS will probable tell them how to get home and then they got an in. It's recommended to not make your home location on your GPS actually your home, but some near by place that from there you know how to get home. Your car registration would give them the address also if it's in the car as suggested.
Just a thought.
Old 12-04-2011, 10:57 AM

had same problem...actually the instructions they gave us did not work....but we are talking about the box on the outside of the house....we went to serch on the internet and utube had some help.....but finally after many searchs we found if you follow the intructions and then push *1..it works...this is the box on the outside of the garage.

Good luck....search on the internet...it will help
Old 12-04-2011, 12:10 PM
Default speaking of bad things

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shimpy View Post
I haven't done mine because I don't want anyone breaking into my car while setting in the driveway and have access into my house through the garage. If you're car is inside the garage then ok, but what if it is stolen from a restaurant or mall? It's like leaving them keys to your home. Your GPS will probable tell them how to get home and then they got an in. It's recommended to not make your home location on your GPS actually your home, but some near by place that from there you know how to get home. Your car registration would give them the address also if it's in the car as suggested.
Just a thought.
Most houses have windows made of glass, and a simple tap on the glass will produce a hole in the house, and anyone who wants to get into your house can. So what is next?
Old 12-04-2011, 02:39 PM
Default Car Garage Door Opener

Quote:
Originally Posted by wynnshanks View Post
We just moved here and bought a new car. We are haveing a problem programing our MVP allstar garage door opener to our car. Any suggestions?
I had to call an 800 number listed in my car manual. They knew the problem right away. They sent a box that plugs in next to the plug for my garage door opener. It is named "Car 2 U" manufactured by Wayne Dalton Co. It came within 2 days with very easy instructions. I have a Ford product. Hope this might help.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.