Interior Digital TV Antenna

Closed Thread
Old 05-29-2011, 05:42 PM
Default Interior Digital TV Antenna

Has anyone used an interior Digital TV antenna to pull in broadcasts for your television instead of using Direct TV or Comcast? We would like to try it for short term visits to our home in The Villages instead of subscribing to cable or satellite on a year round basis.

Thanks.
Old 05-29-2011, 06:12 PM
Default I tried it with NO success

I only tried it one day, but I think the signal might be too weak, coming from Orlando. Of course, I COULD BE WRONG.
Old 05-29-2011, 07:07 PM
Platinum member

DTV dot gov will let you see if anything is available/close in your zip.
You're looking for Green (strong) or Yellow (moderate) signals.
http://transition.fcc.gov/mb/engineering/maps/
The MOHU Leaf antenna is only $44 with free shipping, and quick refund if it doesn't work for you.
Check out GoMohu dot com for more info.
Suffering from TV envy
Old 05-29-2011, 07:55 PM
Sage

Wow. That link shows results based on a 30' outdoor antenna. At my location, only one station, Univision, is strong, and there are about 5 that are moderate. All the rest are weak. I would imagine an indoor antenna, even mounted in the attic area, would bring in practically nothing.
Old 05-29-2011, 08:32 PM
Veteran member

Lots of television on the internet and more is coming. The future will deliver all television online.
JJ
Old 05-30-2011, 12:01 AM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeod View Post
Wow. That link shows results based on a 30' outdoor antenna. At my location, only one station, Univision, is strong, and there are about 5 that are moderate. All the rest are weak. I would imagine an indoor antenna, even mounted in the attic area, would bring in practically nothing.
How to find over the air HDTV stations.
Instructions on how to use http://www.antennaweb.org/aw/Address.aspx
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qTeQk-nLeS4&feature=player_embedded"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qTeQk-nLeS4&feature=player_embedded[/ame]
Suffering from TV envy
Old 05-30-2011, 03:00 PM
Veteran member

I have a little 7" digital TV that I use to watch the local news in the morning while having my coffee and reading the paper at the kitchen dinette. The on board antenna wasn't holding stations very well so I bought a $10 digital antenna. Now I can pick up the major Orlando stations but the signal is weak and the antenna needs to be adjusted periodically. It's okay for the morning coffee but not for prime time. I don't think a powered digital antenna would be that much better.
Netherlands, California, Quebec, California, Texas, Turkey, Minnesota, Panama Canal, California, Illinois, Turkey, Maryland, Germany, Florida, New Mexico, The Village of Amelia and now The Village of Hacienda East.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.