Lamp post light does not turn on

Closed Thread
Old 11-08-2013, 07:10 AM
Default Lamp post sensor

Purchased a new sensor at the hardware store near Publix on 466 for under $10.I had to shut down the electric to the whole house because I did not know which breaker controlled the lamp post.The installation was easy.
The lamp post is on the General Lighting breaker for my Patio Villa built around
2005.I now have the breaker labeled for the lamp post.Next time I replace the sensor I will not need to reset all my clocks.
Old 11-09-2013, 12:48 AM
Sage
Thanked 4,939 Times in 2,459 Posts

When even I move into new house (new to me) I go through the main breaker box and go through the attic looking at the wiring for any defects or rewire jobs by previous owners. I systematically go through each labeled breaker by turning off each breaker and see were the power is cut in the house or outside. If I find difference I re-label. That way when in emergency I know what breaker powers what. BUT, I still test it with multi-meter before I open up any circuits. Reason I do this some switches that control one light from opposite sides may still have power feeding in depending on how it was wired. Only sure way to know if power is removed is using multi-meter or throwing the main breaker IMO.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.