Light compact drill

Closed Thread
Old 10-02-2023, 10:44 AM
Sage
Thanked 4,939 Times in 2,459 Posts
Default Light compact drill

If you have strength, elbow, or shoulder problems and still do tinkering/projects. I really like this lightweight compact 12V drill. Weighs around half weight of my craftsman cordless drills. Coat was around 29 bucks with two batteries and charger.

Only drawback 3/8” and about 350 in pounds torque. Which works with most jobs.

Plus, really small and lightweight and controls are excellent, has built in light.

Added photo show how compact it is in my hand.

Last edited by Topspinmo; 11-17-2023 at 11:13 PM.
Old 10-02-2023, 12:53 PM

I used that craftsman drill for years. Several years ago, we replaced the decking around our pool up north. My son in law had a Dewalt cordless drill which was lighter, more compact, and more powerful than the Craftsman. I have since made the switch to Dewalt for our home here. Every time I am up north and pick up the Craftsman, I remember how much nicer the Dewalt drill is. In a few years, when we stop being snow birds, the Craftsman drill will be the first thing in the garage sale.

— Joan Robinson, “Contributions to Modern Economics” (1978)
Old 10-02-2023, 03:34 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,939 Times in 2,459 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by dtennent View Post
I used that craftsman drill for years. Several years ago, we replaced the decking around our pool up north. My son in law had a Dewalt cordless drill which was lighter, more compact, and more powerful than the Craftsman. I have since made the switch to Dewalt for our home here. Every time I am up north and pick up the Craftsman, I remember how much nicer the Dewalt drill is. In a few years, when we stop being snow birds, the Craftsman drill will be the first thing in the garage sale.

I use to have dewalt battery tools for home use. I didn’t use them enough to support expensive batteries. I sold them and brought craftsman combo package. I have elbow and shoulder problems and can’t hold crasftman cordless drill very long. I don’t do much anymore but going lighter save my elbow from holding heavy drill or twisting a screwdriver. I also have 8v driver set which very versatile. I was mechanic for 43 plus years my joints/tendons are weak on right arm.

Last edited by Topspinmo; 11-17-2023 at 11:13 PM.
Closed Thread

Tags
light, lightweight, compact, drill, batteries

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.