Main Water shutoff

Closed Thread
Old 01-10-2014, 12:49 PM
Default Main Water shutoff

I have a problem with the individual push/pull shutoff valves under the sink. The problem has been described elsewhere, and the "best" fix is to replace them. This brings up the problem of how to shutoff the main water supply to the house.
I was asking some of the guys in the neighborhood, and the consensus was to shut it off at the meter outside.
Then the meter reader happened along, and he said it is not legally permissible for me to shut off the water in that manner. Meter man says there is supposedly a panel inside the garage. He says in his house it's on the inside wall of the garage. I can't see it; Is it different for a Villa? Does anybody know where to find the supposed water shutoff panel? Is there a Village department that knows?
Old 01-10-2014, 01:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by scrapple View Post
I have a problem with the individual push/pull shutoff valves under the sink. The problem has been described elsewhere, and the "best" fix is to replace them. This brings up the problem of how to shutoff the main water supply to the house.
I was asking some of the guys in the neighborhood, and the consensus was to shut it off at the meter outside.
Then the meter reader happened along, and he said it is not legally permissible for me to shut off the water in that manner. Meter man says there is supposedly a panel inside the garage. He says in his house it's on the inside wall of the garage. I can't see it; Is it different for a Villa? Does anybody know where to find the supposed water shutoff panel? Is there a Village department that knows?
YES IT HAS A PLASTIC, 8 INCH x 8 INCH, COVER OVER IT. POP OFF THE COVER WITH A SCREWDRIVER AND THE SHUT OFF KNOB IS INSIDE. TURN IT HALF WAY TO STOP AND ALL WATER IS OFF IN HOME. MOST VILLAS ARE THE SAME, USUALLY ON WALL CLOSEST TO THE STREET. HOPE THIS HELPS.
Old 01-10-2014, 01:44 PM
Veteran member

Thanks for asking that question. I was wondering that too. Just in case I had something go wrong with the pipes in the house. Will look in the garage for that plastic cover.
Old 01-10-2014, 01:59 PM
Veteran member

Ok been looking just where is this,plastic cover? Inside the house or outside? I have a Corpus Christi

Last edited by delima2000; 01-10-2014 at 02:03 PM. Reason: Forgot model of house
Old 01-10-2014, 02:35 PM
Gold member

all cyv's are not created equal. mine doesn't have one. I have to shut off at the meter. next door has a shut off in the ground close to the outside wall. across the street its in a buried box between the villa and the meter. next to him its on the outside garage wall. we are in older section so im not aware of how the newer villas are.
Old 01-10-2014, 03:11 PM
Gold member

In my CYV it is between the garage windows near the floor behind a little white door.
Old 01-10-2014, 03:17 PM
Default Location

Quote:
Originally Posted by red tail View Post
all cyv's are not created equal. mine doesn't have one. I have to shut off at the meter. next door has a shut off in the ground close to the outside wall. across the street its in a buried box between the villa and the meter. next to him its on the outside garage wall. we are in older section so im not aware of how the newer villas are.
This is what I was afraid of, so if I cannot find the panel inside the garage, how do I find it?
The meter guy said he's not allowed to enter my garage to look around, and also that it's not allowed for me to shut off the water outside at the meter.
Where do I turn for answers? Do I hire a plumber? Is there a Village official that can tell me where to look?
Old 01-10-2014, 03:30 PM
Veteran member
Default Location

Ours is located in the garage, on the wall that the garage shares with the kitchen, half way between the garage door and the door into the kitchen. As previously described, about 3 ft above ground level.

Jasmine Designer Home
Old 01-10-2014, 03:41 PM
Default secret location

Quote:
Originally Posted by obxgal View Post
In my CYV it is between the garage windows near the floor behind a little white door.
That would be a logical place in my garage. I see the box in the ground outside somewhere between the two garage windows. Inside, there is no panel at that location, nor anywhere else that I can find inside the garage
Old 01-10-2014, 03:45 PM

We have a Corpus Christie and the shut off valve is in the garage on the outside wall. There are white pipes that come in from the outside. There is a white pipe that is about 3 ft tall (u shaped) and has an orange handle. Turn the orange handle to shut off the water to the house. We shut the water off to the house whenever we will be away for a week or more. Hope this helps!
Old 01-10-2014, 05:15 PM

In my CYV, it is on the back wall of the garage, about knee level.

If you don't see it, call the Warranty Dept. and tell them your model and they can look it up and tell you exactly where it is.
Old 01-10-2014, 05:16 PM
Sage
Send a message via Yahoo to redwitch

If there's no "cut out" in the garage (with a plastic cover hiding the pipe), look outside, in your front yard. There should be a round, green plastic cover near the water company's shut off. Open that up, clean off the sand if thee valve is not visible and turn it off. If you need help, shout out -- I'm in and near Poinciana all the time.

"There are only two ways to live your life: One is as though nothing is a miracle; the other is as though everything is a miracle." Albert Einstein
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.