Need info about Acrylic canvas painting

Closed Thread
Old 10-05-2013, 02:50 AM
Default Need info about Acrylic canvas painting

I have a Acrylic Canvas painting and it need touching up… Could anyone give me idea’s how to do… Also if anyone have the name of someone who is Artist that could help me Thanks
Old 10-05-2013, 09:35 AM
Platinum member

One would need lots more information to decide if it could be successfully done, or is worth trying. Age, overall condition, what the damage resulted from, how extensive it is, if the painting has been sealed- and with what?- if it is all acrylic, or mixed media, etc.

My best suggestion would be for you to Google or YouTube "Touching up or Repairing Acrylic paintings on canvas"- some title like that, and see what videos you can find.... see if they apply to your situation, then go from there.

If it is a painting you have spent a lot of money on, or has great sentimental value, be extra careful in doing anything to it. If the original artist is known to you, contacting them would be a good option.

If it is inexpensive and you are able to sacrifice the damaged part rather than doing a touch-up, it may be possible to carefully re-stretch the canvas down to a smaller size on new stretcher sticks- eliminating the damaged portion altogether.
However, if it the surface is very textured that is not an option- re-stretching will cause the textured surface to crack.

Good luck!

Last edited by Uptown Girl; 10-05-2013 at 01:26 PM.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.