outlet box cover and solution

Old 05-03-2024, 01:44 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,876 Times in 950 Posts
Default outlet box cover and solution

We have a Gardenia block stucco construction roughly 11 years old. The electrical outlet on the back of the house is plastic with a plastic cover. The cover mounts on two pins molded into the box. Over time the cover is so brittle it will crack. There is no name on the box or the cover. If you have the same on your home Amazon has the cover at 8.99. Of course no instructions. I found I had to cut a slot into one of the holes that for the hinge to be able to get it over the pins without breaking anything. The original was either made that way or broke that way. They even have a choice of clear or white.
Old 05-03-2024, 02:54 PM
Sage
Thanked 6,287 Times in 2,297 Posts

I have replaced a few covers, and the standard units from Lowe's or Home depot seem to work fine, usually remove the 2 screws go into the frame of the socket, remove to old cover, and reverse for the new cover. If you have special covers, i have found the ACE hardware off 466 has a lot of items that are "special" to the villages.
Old 05-03-2024, 03:05 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Location: Drayton Plains, MI, Vietnam, Waterford, MI, Pennacamp, Fernandina, Duval, 1 retired in Richmond
Thanked 1,628 Times in 598 Posts

Our outlet stopped working Pikes fixed it and replaced the broken cover

Tags
cover, box, pins, plastic, outlet

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.