A painted driveway question?

Closed Thread
Old 10-06-2010, 04:04 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,751 Times in 1,386 Posts
Default A painted driveway question?

If you have one have you ever sealed it on your own?
What did you use? From where? What kind of prep required? Etc?

btk
Old 10-06-2010, 05:15 PM
Default Find a professional firm to do it

Hi please as a word of advice find a firm to do it. Look for companies that put down that kind of surface you have. Usually they spray the surface and that really makes a difference.

If you have brick pavers putting the coating on thick can cause a milky film on the brick.

If its a spray painted surface---- a lot of top coats on the market ie Lowes and S&Williams melt the bottom surface to adhear to the clearcoat. if you over brush the clear coat you can take away the painted surface.

If you paint over the painted surface a roller usually puts down a thick layer that will bubble up and scrape off the surface with in a year.

I thought I could save money with my driveway and now i have a big problem on my hands.
Old 10-07-2010, 10:57 AM

If it is a painted surface check with whoever put it down. Our painted driveway cannot be sealed even by a professional. Were told the paint would come up as noted in previous post. Also had friend who did their own and ended up killing grass and not having satifactory result. We are DIYer's but not the driveway.
Old 10-07-2010, 01:09 PM
Gold member
Default question about driveways

up north where I live you sometimes see paver driveways, but never painted ones. Does painting it keep the concrete from deteriorating faster? Seems to me the pavers would be hard to remove snow from up north and I've seen posts here somewhere that says pavers have problems down south.

CYVs can't do anything to their driveways anyway, but I was just curious. Do people just pave and paint for looks or is there a practical reason?
Old 10-07-2010, 01:47 PM
Soaring Eagle member

I have a painted driveway and resealed it myself, I purchased the sealer from Color Wheel, next to Southern Trace because that is where the company that painted my driveway bought the paint from, they need to know what kind of paint was used in the original process....gn
Old 10-08-2010, 02:40 PM
Send a message via AIM to Zass38

[QUOTE=Ohiogirl;297550

[B]CYVs can't do anything to their driveways anyway, but I was just curious. Do people just pave and paint for looks or is there a practical reason?[/QUOTE[/B]]

You can seal with clear sealer in CYV ...but no colors or designs....

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.