racedeck garage floor

Closed Thread
Old 12-26-2014, 07:40 PM
blueskys4me
Default racedeck garage floor

I'm thinking of installing a racedeck garage floor. Would like some input from anyone who has one.

Does it fade because of the sun hitting it?

Does it show tire tracks?

Is it hard to keep clean?

Thanks in advance.
Old 12-26-2014, 08:30 PM

There is a home for sale that has a race track floor in the garage. Seems to be hurting him when trying to resell.
Old 12-26-2014, 09:18 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpirate View Post
There is a home for sale that has a race track floor in the garage. Seems to be hurting him when trying to resell.

I'm not sure why racetrack flooring would be a negative? Anything would beat concrete and its dust.
Old 12-27-2014, 03:45 PM
blueskys4me

Racedeck garage floor tiles do not require glue, they come in mutipule colors and snap into place, they are 1/2 inch thick and allow air to flow under them. Jay Leno uses them. With 180,000 folks in the Villages, I'm sure many people have them. They can be ordered in 12 X 12 inch size or 18 x 18 inch. If anyone knows of someone who has these installed, please post something here, would like to talk to someone who has them before I order.
Old 12-27-2014, 05:44 PM
Gold member

I purchsed a re-sale almost 9 years ago with thie type of garage floor. It is easy to clean and has held up amazingly well. Since it was already installed I have no idea the cost coparison to another alternative flooring but if I was thinking of garage flooring in a new home I would seriously consider it.
Old 12-27-2014, 06:09 PM
blueskys4me

It is 3.50 a square foot..........thanks for your input
Old 12-27-2014, 07:44 PM
Gold member
Thanked 1,095 Times in 374 Posts

I had that type of tile placed in my garage 7 years ago and it holds up well. I did not choose to make it a racedeck ie black and white alternating. It will last forever and shows no kind of wear. I think I have mopped it 3 or 4 times. We chose a dark gray color and it does show light colored dead grass when it blows in. We simply blow it back out.
The cost was high as noted in earlier posting but we are happy. Note that the contractor who installed it had to trowel some cement near the garage door sides to transition the side drainage drop before installing.
There is also a separate transition tile at the garage door entrance. You would start laying tile at that point and work to the back of the garage. Cutting required at rear and at least one side.
Old 12-27-2014, 07:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueskys4me View Post
I'm thinking of installing a racedeck garage floor. Would like some input from anyone who has one.

Does it fade because of the sun hitting it?

Does it show tire tracks?

Is it hard to keep clean?

Thanks in advance.
sass-garage-jpg

I have had Race Deck flooring in my last two homes. There is very little that can harm the surface. Many colors available and you design your configuration on-line. To answer your questions:
- The sun will not fade the colors
- It does not show tire tracks
- It is quite simple to clean...just a damp mop and elbow grease

Gasoline, oil, grease, windshield fluid......nothing permeates the surface. The only thing I found that left a slight discoloration was a rusty dolly I left on a white square for months. I cleaned it off, but a small yellowish tint about the size of a quarter was left. No one sees it but me. I might have a sample if you would like to have it. You are welcome to come see it also. Hope the pic comes out.
Old 12-27-2014, 10:19 PM
blueskys4me

Thank you so much MTDJED and FOXMEADOW, very kind of everyone to post answers that were very helpful. I did get the attached photo, wow, nice.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.