Replacement Quickset handle and deadbolt

Old 03-16-2024, 11:23 AM
Sage
Thanked 6,160 Times in 2,252 Posts
Exclamation Replacement Quickset handle and deadbolt

I just tried to install a Quickset front door handle and deadbolt set to replace an existing Quickset handle and deadbolt set. The new handle requires a hole THROUGH the door where the existing had a screw into the door. The new deadbolt keyhole and operating shaft were OFFSET from vertical center by ~1/2 inch so none of the existing holes could be used for the new deadbolt.
The set could not be installed and had to be returned, a phone call to Quickset technical support provided no solutions.
Be warned it appears Quickset changed the basic design of their hardware, and it may not be compatible with existing door holes.
Old 03-18-2024, 08:20 AM
Sage
Thanked 4,941 Times in 2,461 Posts

I replaced my door knobs with levers due to my elbow problems twisting knobs. Even with exact type I still and to clean up and extend the stricter plates cavities to get them to fit flush. I can’t remember what brand I used but wouldn’t fit in door without little modifications, but it wasn’t easy remove and replace job.

Last edited by Topspinmo; 03-18-2024 at 11:31 AM.

Tags
deadbolt, quickset, door, existing, handle

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.