Second Garage door opener

Closed Thread
Old 09-16-2011, 11:41 AM
Default Second Garage door opener

OK any body know how to get a second garage door opener? Went and got a universal opener and found out these units are all hard wired? No pin board to allow a second opener to be programed or a learn button. I am feeling a large cost here. Anyone have an answer?? Much thanks
Old 09-16-2011, 11:45 AM

Give me the Model and Model number and I can tell you how to do it. Thanks
Old 09-16-2011, 12:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by StevenGarofalo View Post
Its an Allstar Brand
Model is MVP
There is no model number on the unit.

the serial umber if it helps is 020300662

Thanks for any help

Its exactly like the house we rented here so I was guessing everybody has this kind of opener?
Old 09-16-2011, 12:42 PM
Veteran member

There's a ROMAC dealer on Rolling Acres Rd. that usually has them in stock if you need one right away. If you're not in a rush, just Google the name/model # and you'll find numerous online sites including Amazon that carry them.
Old 09-16-2011, 12:45 PM

How do they program them? I am usally not this dumb
Old 09-16-2011, 01:00 PM

Press and hold the left and right buttons on the remote control until the indicator light starts blinking. When you let go of the buttons, the indicator light will blink two more times and then remain lit. The remote is now in programming mode.

Push and release the remote-control button you want to use to operate the garage door.

Enter a nine-digit random code by pressing the buttons on the front of the remote control. Once the code is entered, the indicator light will blink twice to confirm the code was accepted and saved.

Let me know if this works but instead of random code put in number that works the garage door which should be the same numbers in the first garage door opener.
Old 09-16-2011, 01:08 PM

If this is your model you are good to go.

http://www.ieib.com/pdf/allstar/110977B.pdf
Old 09-16-2011, 01:48 PM
Default Directions for programming

I bought a small one and they e-mailed me the process (see below). Here is the information on the cost and how to program it:
DoorRemotesonline Inc
888-341-3003
Allstar 1-Button Mini Remote 9931MT 318MHz
Item #: Allstar 318MHz | 190-109391
$19.95 USD 1 $19.95 USD
Shipping and handling: $7.45 USD
Total: $27.40 USD

First, you will have to get the coding switch sequence from the 9931 transmitter. This will be 9 positions, either +, 0, or – in each position. Write these down in the space provided in the manual on page 3, using 1 for +, 2 for 0, and 3 for – as explained on page 2. Then, reset the Allstar keypad to factory, by pressing the on/reset button, then 999#, 999#. To enter your coding switch sequence, press on/reset, 1234 # # 1, then your coding switch setting (using 1 for +, 2 for 0, and 3 for -), then # again. There should be 9 numbers here. At this time, pressing on/reset 1234 * 1 should operate your door. If it does, then you can program in your new PIN code. Press on/reset, then 1234 # 1 new PIN (4 digits) new PIN again, #. At this time, pressing on/reset, new PIN * 1 should activate your door.
Old 09-16-2011, 02:42 PM
Default program instructions

Quote:
http://allstarremotesonline.com/file...ode110977b.pdf

I bought 2 on line, $20 each.
http://allstarremotesonline.com/?gcl...FUeFQAod9SyQhg
Old 09-16-2011, 04:21 PM
Default No Luck

Quote:
Press and hold the left and right buttons on the remote control until the indicator light starts blinking. When you let go of the buttons, the indicator light will blink two more times and then remain lit. The remote is now in programming mode.

Push and release the remote-control button you want to use to operate the garage door.

Enter a nine-digit random code by pressing the buttons on the front of the remote control. Once the code is entered, the indicator light will blink twice to confirm the code was accepted and saved.

Let me know if this works but instead of random code put in number that works the garage door which should be the same numbers in the first garage door opener.

Ok tried your suggestion. Held the two buttons down on either side of the one that opens the door on the current working remote. No blinking lights? If it helps I am trying to program clicker brand as a new remote. The current working remote is an MVP. sorry for all of this I am normally very handy have done this in Memphis 5 times as I had a son who couldn't keep Garage door openers!!

Thanks for your patience and help
Old 09-17-2011, 07:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigMike View Post
Ok tried your suggestion. Held the two buttons down on either side of the one that opens the door on the current working remote. No blinking lights? If it helps I am trying to program clicker brand as a new remote. The current working remote is an MVP. sorry for all of this I am normally very handy have done this in Memphis 5 times as I had a son who couldn't keep Garage door openers!!

I'm think you need to program the remote to the wall switch's code...there should be a "learn" button on the wall unit that you press, while you press either the + or - button on the remote, depending on which you want ot use for the door.
Old 09-17-2011, 09:17 AM
BOMBERO
Default universal opener

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigMike View Post

Universal openers - like "Clicker Brand" DO NOT work on Allstar Openers.

You have to go to Romac or buy on line to get something that works.

Google - Allstar Garage opener replacement parts.
Old 09-17-2011, 10:50 AM
Veteran member
Default MVP Garage Door/Opener Manual

Here is a link to the manual for the MVP garage door opener we have in our home:

http://www.garagedooropeners.us/PDF_...MVP_Series.pdf

Starting on Page 11 of the PDF file, it has step-by-step instructions for programming the remote and base unit.
Old 09-17-2011, 11:06 AM

No need to apologize. I like to help. The remote that you just bought is that the same remote that I sent you in the link above? And you said your originial remote is a mvp. So now you have to two mvp's is that correct? And you say when you hold down the + and - on the new remote its not going into program mode correct? That's the biggest challenge right now is getting it into program mode once we do that we are in the right track. Sorry for all the questions it will just make it easier.
Old 09-17-2011, 11:28 AM
BOMBERO
Default Read

Quote:
No need to apologize. I like to help. The remote that you just bought is that the same remote that I sent you in the link above? And you said your originial remote is a mvp. So now you have to two mvp's is that correct? And you say when you hold down the + and - on the new remote its not going into program mode correct? That's the biggest challenge right now is getting it into program mode once we do that we are in the right track. Sorry for all the questions it will just make it easier.
Read post #10 He's trying to program a "Clicker" and it AIN"T GON-A WORK.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.