Streaming

Closed Thread
Old 09-27-2023, 08:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill14564 View Post
Definitely look at the suppose.tv site.

If you are looking for local channels and a lineup similar to cable TV then you'll want to check HuluLive and YouTubeTV. Both are about $75/month and both should come up on the suppose.tv recommendations.

I recently switched from HuluLive to YouTubeTV because of a performance issue one night but I really don't have a strong recommendation one way or another.

If you have any interest in the NFL Sunday Ticket it is now offered on YouTubeTV.
Quick question: do you get CBS? It is not listed on the channel lineup for zip 32163. Seems odd.

Last edited by Cobrasally; 09-27-2023 at 11:18 PM. Reason: I answered my own question!
Old 09-28-2023, 07:23 AM
Default Directv Stream

We are snowbirds and Directv Stream works for us. If you use a Roku Stick your local channels are base upon you credit card billing address so here in FL we get the local Harrisburg channels . When in FL if we want to watch Orlando channels we use the Ipad and cast to the TV . The ipad tells Directv we are in FL . Need this option for the weather . No need to change anything when we travel between PA and FL . In FL we are allowed up to 20 streams connected to Directv Stream ! Never will need that many . In PA we are allowed only 3 streams at a time which is more than we need .
Old 09-28-2023, 07:49 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,390 Times in 2,068 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cobrasally View Post
Quick question: do you get CBS? It is not listed on the channel lineup for zip 32163. Seems odd.
WKMG News 6 out of Orlando

Victor, NY
Randallstown, MD
Yakima, WA
Stevensville, MD
Village of Hillsborough
Old 09-28-2023, 12:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by billethkid View Post
Do your homework with T-Mobile 5 G internet.
Their signal strength is inconsistent.
They will tell you their priority is their cell business....so when cellular is busy bandwidth is shifted from internet to cellular use.

When we first got their service signal was fine. A couple months later a lot of downtime with constant buffering.

They will have you move their router around looking for a better signal.
If that doesn't work they as much start to say goodbye.

No contract? Yes. It works both ways.....if they can't supply what they said....see ya....100 more new subscribers waiting to take your place.

Do your home work!
Agree with this. Was attracted by their $40 monthly rate and free modem. First 6 weeks it worked fine after some initial trouble setting it up (went thru 3 modems (they have have another name for them) but managed to get it running). Now it’s constantly buffering and youtubetv and Amazon Prime is unwatchable. We are looking for something else. May have to go back to Century Link. My objection to CenturyLink was after spending $200 for a modem 6 years ago they now tell us our buffering problems are due to our modem being too old and want us to spend another $200 for a new modem with no guarantee that will fix the problem.
Old 09-28-2023, 12:13 PM
Platinum member
Thanked 1,974 Times in 755 Posts

I’ve had the same Telco provided 10 years ago from AT&T Arris no buffering on 200mbs we use IPTV, Amazon and Netflix for streaming. ISP in Centurylink:Quantum. Our IPTV service doesn’t have recordings due to limitations of firestick and no cloud storage.
Closed Thread

Tags
streaming, internet, live, plan, local

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.