Streaming

Closed Thread
Old 08-31-2023, 10:16 PM
Gold member
Thanked 1,095 Times in 374 Posts
Default Streaming

I currently have Xfinity internet and TV basic Package at $200/Mo. If I switch to streaming at T-Mobile for $50 for internet, what is the best live streaming plan to get local TV and Live CNN and FOX News etc?
Old 08-31-2023, 10:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtdjed View Post
I currently have Xfinity internet and TV basic Package at $200/Mo. If I switch to streaming at T-Mobile for $50 for internet, what is the best live streaming plan to get local TV and Live CNN and FOX News etc?
You Tube TV gives you all of that and more for $75. Plus I'm pretty sure you'll get some extra's with the TMobile internet subscription (Peacock,or Paramount or something like that bundled usually).
Old 09-01-2023, 05:45 AM

Quote:

This is a very helpful website.
Suppose | Compare Cable, Satellite & Streaming TV Services
Old 09-01-2023, 06:10 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,390 Times in 2,068 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by melpetezrinski View Post
Definitely look at the suppose.tv site.

If you are looking for local channels and a lineup similar to cable TV then you'll want to check HuluLive and YouTubeTV. Both are about $75/month and both should come up on the suppose.tv recommendations.

I recently switched from HuluLive to YouTubeTV because of a performance issue one night but I really don't have a strong recommendation one way or another.

If you have any interest in the NFL Sunday Ticket it is now offered on YouTubeTV.

Victor, NY
Randallstown, MD
Yakima, WA
Stevensville, MD
Village of Hillsborough
Old 09-01-2023, 12:07 PM
Default U tube tv

We are seasonal, (6/TV, 6/WI). Have had several different services before.
Now stream via WIFI only, Quantum Fiber in TV, Century Link in WI.
We do use the ROKU sticks on all tv's.
Have tried HULU, and U TUBE TV. Both worked but finding U TUBE TV is better.
One big benefit for U TUBE TV is that I can "Re-locate" the local channels, from
TV to WI for our seasonal changes, and back again, at no extra cost.
Just seems that U TUBE TV is much easier to navigate the channels.
I guess it is personal preference.

Last edited by DALEPQ; 09-01-2023 at 12:15 PM. Reason: Spelling
Old 09-01-2023, 12:17 PM
Default U tube tv

One big benefit for U TUBE TV is that I can "Re-locate" the local channels, from
Old 09-01-2023, 04:18 PM
Sage
Thanked 9,085 Times in 2,746 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DALEPQ View Post
Thank you for that information. We are about to cut the cable cord at or northern home and finally get internet installed at our Villages home. We will have xfinity internet at both homes (only wired option that’s not DSL at both locations). We are looking for the best streaming service that will work seamlessly at both locations. My research has pointed me toward Roku sticks for all TV’s so we have one familiar interface and you tube streaming (best channel lineup and cloud based DVR service).

I would be extremely interested in feedback from others who have two homes and use a single streaming service for both residences. Any advantages/pitfalls of one service at two locations would be greatly appreciated. The frequently asked questions section of the various services websites are very ambiguous on that particular topic, and good luck actually talking to someone to get better information.
Old 09-01-2023, 05:16 PM

We have the T-Mobile 55+....unlimited data, text and phone on two phones for $70 including all taxes and fees. This includes standard Netflix with one stream, we pay an extra $7 to get ad free Netflix in HD with two simultaneous streams. There are a lot of perks with the 55+ plan. They give you $10 off YouTube TV. That brings that price down to $65 plus tax. They give you a certain amount of free of Apple+. We got a free year of Paramount Plus. We got AAA on the cars for a year for $60 off. They have been giving mlb.tv for free to all customers, prior to signing up with T-Mobile I had been paying $120 a year for that. T-Mobile seems to work great in The Villages as well. This plan also gives you a free hour of go go wifi on plane flights. They have the T-Mobile Tuesday app and every week on Tuesday they have some coupon for dollars off certain things. One week it was a $3 Dunkin' coupon. I will never give up this plan, I don't think Verizon or AT&T have anything that competes with this plan.
Old 09-02-2023, 05:35 AM
Smile Phone Number for the T-Mobule 55+

I would like a phone number to set up a similar plan for our family. Many thanks for sharing this information.
Michael Murrell Marsh Bend
Old 09-02-2023, 05:53 AM
Veteran member

Your T-Mobile internet is the 5G service so I would check out if that service would work in your area. It might be spotty or non-existent in your home. You can check this out using your phone by turning off wifi and do a network speed test.
For streaming, you can use a smart tv, an Apple TV 4K box, Roku, chromecast, firestick, or other devices. I use Apple TV 4K boxes all over the house for streaming audio and video plus they provide the hub requirements for whole house automation.
T-Mobile will give you free services or discounts as part of your plan.

As for streaming, go out to each website and look at which channels they provide. It doesn’t make sense to recommend say Hulu if they don’t provide everything you want to watch. None of these services provide everything you want (or at least they didn’t for us and for some friends) so you might need multiple providers.
Old 09-02-2023, 06:24 AM
Default or

go to you tube or hulu then amazon & netflix for movies - limitless dvr on you tube when you put in library
Old 09-02-2023, 06:47 AM
Default Be careful when using T-Mobile

Quote:
T-Mobile has a 14 day free trial period with a $50 refundable deposit. I tried it. The service was so bad that the television constantly had to buffer and it was difficult to get my $50 back.
The 14 day trial starts the day you order the service NOT when you start using it. They finally sent me a partial refund, although I was still within the 14 days from ordering service. After much consternation I did receive the money I was due. They stink. Stay away.
Old 09-02-2023, 08:05 AM

You tube TV has all the channels plus unlimited DVR.
Old 09-02-2023, 08:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tophcfa View Post
Thank you for that information. We are about to cut the cable cord at or northern home and finally get internet installed at our Villages home. We will have xfinity internet at both homes (only wired option that’s not DSL at both locations). We are looking for the best streaming service that will work seamlessly at both locations. My research has pointed me toward Roku sticks for all TV’s so we have one familiar interface and you tube streaming (best channel lineup and cloud based DVR service).

I would be extremely interested in feedback from others who have two homes and use a single streaming service for both residences. Any advantages/pitfalls of one service at two locations would be greatly appreciated. The frequently asked questions section of the various services websites are very ambiguous on that particular topic, and good luck actually talking to someone to get better information.
no issues with dual locations. If at one location for more than 3 months just change your home location - works great!
Old 09-02-2023, 08:16 AM
Sage
Thanked 4,751 Times in 1,386 Posts

Do your homework with T-Mobile 5 G internet.
Their signal strength is inconsistent.
They will tell you their priority is their cell business....so when cellular is busy bandwidth is shifted from internet to cellular use.

When we first got their service signal was fine. A couple months later a lot of downtime with constant buffering.

They will have you move their router around looking for a better signal.
If that doesn't work they as much start to say goodbye.

No contract? Yes. It works both ways.....if they can't supply what they said....see ya....100 more new subscribers waiting to take your place.

Do your home work!
Closed Thread

Tags
streaming, internet, live, plan, local

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.