Vehicle Tip

Old 12-13-2023, 02:43 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LianneMigiano View Post
OK...I have a question... I've had one oil change (with synthetic oil) on the 3,700 of my 4 year old car. I put on about 100 miles per month. Realistically, WHEN MUST I get the next oil change???
There are a couple of things you may be able to do to check. One is on the odometer/tripometer there may a be an option that tells you the oil life percentage. You may have to keep flipping through options to find it. If it exists & tells you 40% or less, then you need to get an oil change soon. Another option is to check the dip stick. Take it out, wipe with a clean cloth & reinsert. When removed again it will give you an idea of whether you are low on oil or if the oil you have is pretty dirty. In both cases get an oil change soon. If you are unable to check your dip stick, try asking a neighbor - it is a common check & someone will probably be able to help you.
Old 12-13-2023, 05:20 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,939 Times in 2,459 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRcorvette View Post
Don’t leave your Fob in or near your car. The Fob will continually try to communicate with the car and the battery will be drained very quickly!
Depends on fob features and manufacture. My 2012 Honda original fob battery still good. But it does basic functions. Most vehicle’s now you have to have fob to start the push button car along with outer functions it takes battery power so naturally the battery will go dead much quicker.
Old 12-13-2023, 09:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoachKandSportsguy View Post
The antithesis of a well maintained mechanical device, upon which you depend for most of your significant / important activities in life, such as medical appointments, vacations, trips to airport for vacation, family holidays.

This strategy is very inconvenient if the car dies on these particular days, and crapping out on some of those days are a lot more expensive than other days, ie, a missed vacation flight. Obviously this poster has never worked in operations, where the whole operation shuts down for maintenance issues is a big net loss for the organization.

Personally, the dumbest operational strategy i have ever read. Also reads like an academic / consulting financial strategy to save money, like the railroads deferring regular track maintenance, until the tracks give way and the accident rail cars contain very poisonous / flammable contents. .
The battery can also be load tested every few months at any car parts store if you want to milk it, LOL. I have had batteries last anywhere from 5-10 years.
Old 12-14-2023, 09:30 AM
Sage

Ok, here example of manufacture that considered most trusted/reliable brand in world. Even being most trusted/reliable brand you still have to maintain it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tdIFYJvCCdM

This guy torn down about every brand modern engines out there. Most of the time it from neglected oil changes causing failures.
Old 03-19-2024, 03:27 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by MidWestIA View Post
heard of Teslas having lockout problems

Tesla’s having problems ? Noooooo.

Tags
vehicle, battery, fob, key, started

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.