Whirlpool Dryer Sensor Problem

Closed Thread
Old 07-04-2014, 10:15 AM
Default Whirlpool Dryer Sensor Problem

Need help with Whirlpool Dryer. When I hit power and then start, the sensor light comes on and dryer will not start. Anyone know who can help fix this problem? And has anyone had this problem? Thank You in advance.
Old 07-04-2014, 07:41 PM

My dryer sensor failed due to lint buildup in the exhaust/vent. Sensor was in back of dryer, not very difficult to change, $12 at the appliance store.
Old 07-04-2014, 07:52 PM
Dancing Thyme

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerryP View Post
My dryer sensor failed due to lint buildup in the exhaust/vent. Sensor was in back of dryer, not very difficult to change, $12 at the appliance store.
Thanks for the info. I think my dryer has that problem also. Can I get the sensor at ACE????

Bronx ♫ Los Angeles ♫ Hadley, Sept. 08 and then the beautiful village of Mallory Square 2014

A true friend is someone who thinks that you are a good egg even though he knows that you are slightly cracked."

(For those who know me) I consider ON TIME to be when I get there.....
Old 07-05-2014, 05:05 AM

I don' think so, I got mine at a Whirlpool appliance store where they sold parts.
Old 07-05-2014, 07:08 AM
Platinum member

I'm sure I could screw it up.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=glNjb4kEcgo]Dryer Repair- Replacing the Moisture Sensor (Whirlpool Part # 3387223) - YouTube[/ame]
Suffering from TV envy
Old 07-05-2014, 06:54 PM

Just google your problem. I changed the belt on my dryer and 1 month later I changed the thermal fuse. Detailed video on youtube on how to do both for my model. Also ordered parts online, belt was $5 and fuse $4. Very easy to do, nothing to loose. You will also fine someone to give you a hand, I'm sure.
Old 07-06-2014, 06:52 AM

Try cleaning out the vent that goes from your dryer up the wall and out the roof before buying a new sensor. The sensor is probably working correctly in that it is warning you there is a problem with the lint in your vent. I would venture to say that most people in TV have never cleaned theirs out. Once cleaned out, the dryer should work again and the sensor not come on. You will also notice that it doesn't take as long for your clothes to get dry. I cleaned mine out and it made a world of difference.

On another note, cleaning behind the washer, dryer, refrigerator and stove will also make these appliances last longer because air will be able to get around the motors and they won't be as hot. Plus you will have less dust in your house.
Old 07-06-2014, 07:35 AM
Default Dryer problem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanibel7 View Post
Need help with Whirlpool Dryer. When I hit power and then start, the sensor light comes on and dryer will not start. Anyone know who can help fix this problem? And has anyone had this problem? Thank You in advance.
If the dryer has electronic controls(a newer model) look in the manual for section on resetting the controls.Sometimes resetting the controls clears the problem.
Old 07-06-2014, 12:00 PM
Veteran member

If you'd prefer not to do it yourself, Beck's Appliance Repair has a lot of recommendations here. He's been very capable and fair when I've used him.

Home | Beck's Appliance Repair
Old 07-06-2014, 12:14 PM
Default Repairs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halibut View Post
If you'd prefer not to do it yourself, Beck's Appliance Repair has a lot of recommendations here. He's been very capable and fair when I've used him.

Home | Beck's Appliance Repair
Agree.Beck's did a repair for me.Honest and a fair price.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.