Windows Not Staying open

Closed Thread
Old 09-09-2010, 01:47 PM
Send a message via Yahoo to rsetterlund Send a message via Skype™ to rsetterlund
Default Windows Not Staying open

When we first purchased our house there were a couple of windows that would not stay open when opened. I would push the lower half up and it would slid down by itself. So I called Home Warrenty and a person came in and fixed it, but I could not see exactly what he did. I think he some how tightened the spring tension. I just do not know if that is what was done and how he did it. Has anyone had the same problem and been able to fix it themselves?
Old 09-09-2010, 02:57 PM
Sage
Send a message via AIM to l2ridehd

I don't know if they use the same windows in all the houses or different. I have two homes and they are the same. On the right side track there are screws that can change how much tension they exert on the window. Clockwise to lessen the tension and counter clockwise to increase the tension. You have to raise the bottom half, adjust one, then lower the top have to adjust the other.
Old 09-09-2010, 06:39 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsetterlund View Post
When we first purchased our house there were a couple of windows that would not stay open when opened. I would push the lower half up and it would slid down by itself. So I called Home Warrenty and a person came in and fixed it, but I could not see exactly what he did. I think he some how tightened the spring tension. I just do not know if that is what was done and how he did it. Has anyone had the same problem and been able to fix it themselves?
What operating system do you use?

just kidding.
Old 09-09-2010, 08:35 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pturner View Post
What operating system do you use?

just kidding.
Gotta admit, when I first saw the subject in this thread, I thought it was computer related myself.

A pessimist is an optimist with experience.

"In my many years I have come to a conclusion that one useless man is a shame, two is a law firm and three or more is a congress." - John Adams
Old 09-22-2010, 11:13 AM
Send a message via Yahoo to rsetterlund Send a message via Skype™ to rsetterlund

I use Snow Leopard.

Thanks for the information, I will check the windows. The windows can be opened inward for cleaning the outside. I have seen an aluminum tube on the sides that does have a screw on the top fo the tube.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.