Belmont Exec

Old 04-26-2024, 07:48 AM
Veteran member
Default Belmont Exec

After recently re-opening from the latest “renovation” , our group of 8 golfers played there yesterday .

Everyone agreed that the course has been brought to A+ condition.

Hopefully we will start to get some rain. That , combined with the continued departure of our snowbirds, will keep the course in good shape until the fall…..(Two in the group are snowbirds …)
Old 04-28-2024, 07:33 AM
Sage
Location: The Villages and the Northern Neck on the Chesapeake Bay, VA.
Thanked 3,127 Times in 1,351 Posts

Don't think it is the snowbirds fault.
Old 04-29-2024, 06:21 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Location: Drayton Plains, MI, Vietnam, Waterford, MI, Pennacamp, Fernandina, Duval, 1 retired in Richmond
Thanked 1,611 Times in 584 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bay Kid View Post
I agree, not renters or snows. It was getting bad before they arrived.

Played this week and staff did a great job with recovery
Old 05-01-2024, 12:42 PM
Platinum member
Location: Here, there, a lot of time in the Caribbean and keys, not much time spent in cold climates
Thanked 1,762 Times in 759 Posts
Default A small thing...

Quote:
Originally Posted by jarodrig View Post
After recently re-opening from the latest “renovation” , our group of 8 golfers played there yesterday .

Everyone agreed that the course has been brought to A+ condition.

Hopefully we will start to get some rain. That , combined with the continued departure of our snowbirds, will keep the course in good shape until the fall…..(Two in the group are snowbirds …������)
Concerning Belmont, it's a very small and inexpensive "improvement" in the overall cost of maintaining a golf course, but I was really impressed with the visual difference the use of very large river rocks and white "boulders" have made on nearly every hole as a landscape touch. Any bare, all dirt, muddy, exposed area has, to me, done so much for adding a bit of "class", or to make it seem more like a well maintained course rather than a cow pasture. I'm sure some think ALL the dollars should go to fairways and greens, but just wanted to comment that I think it looks very nice with these small touches to the landscape.
Old 05-01-2024, 12:56 PM
Platinum member
Location: Here, there, a lot of time in the Caribbean and keys, not much time spent in cold climates
Thanked 1,762 Times in 759 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bay Kid View Post
I realize that many who just vacation here due to the "cheap" golf, really don't realize, or maybe just don't care because they have no stake in the community, so they put out smokes grinding them into the greens, never bend over and fix a ball mark, think it's perfectly fine to drive a cart right onto the green apron, and drag pull carts right across the green. Many people vacation here and have never played golf, but they "paid for it" so they try. However, I think the term "snowbirds" for those who own homes here and in another location, are just used as convenient "scapegoats" for all the negatives in the villages, from poor golf etiquette, to taking up "space" in the classes, on and on. Truth be known, the poor etiquette on the courses, the failure to follow village speed limits, the excessive consumption of alcohol to the point it results in "incidents and arguments" that absent considerable alcohol consumption would not even happen, the constant knocking down of "gates", and all of the rest, is probably equally distributed among vacationers, snowbirds, and full time residents ! ? People can be caring, concerned, and responsible, they also come in the categories of clueless, insensitive, self-focused, entitled, and rude.... human nature, all varieties, like weeds and flowers.... all are plants, big difference !
Old 05-02-2024, 07:03 AM
Sage
Location: The Villages and the Northern Neck on the Chesapeake Bay, VA.
Thanked 3,127 Times in 1,351 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pairadocs View Post
I realize that many who just vacation here due to the "cheap" golf, really don't realize, or maybe just don't care because they have no stake in the community, so they put out smokes grinding them into the greens, never bend over and fix a ball mark, think it's perfectly fine to drive a cart right onto the green apron, and drag pull carts right across the green. Many people vacation here and have never played golf, but they "paid for it" so they try. However, I think the term "snowbirds" for those who own homes here and in another location, are just used as convenient "scapegoats" for all the negatives in the villages, from poor golf etiquette, to taking up "space" in the classes, on and on. Truth be known, the poor etiquette on the courses, the failure to follow village speed limits, the excessive consumption of alcohol to the point it results in "incidents and arguments" that absent considerable alcohol consumption would not even happen, the constant knocking down of "gates", and all of the rest, is probably equally distributed among vacationers, snowbirds, and full time residents ! ? People can be caring, concerned, and responsible, they also come in the categories of clueless, insensitive, self-focused, entitled, and rude.... human nature, all varieties, like weeds and flowers.... all are plants, big difference !
Well said. I have been a snowbird for 11 years. I pay to keep my home beautiful all year. Habitat For Humanity does my landscaping 4 times a year and does a fantastic job. I pay my monthly dues to help keep everything else around me beautiful.
So lucky to have The Villages!

Tags
group, snowbirds, rain, combined, continued

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.