Course Maintenance during the day?

Closed Thread
Old 11-30-2022, 02:29 PM
Default Course Maintenance during the day?

This afternoon my wife and I played at El Diablo. The noise and interruptions by mowers was terrible. I used to brag about how nice it was to golf in The Villages because you are never disturbed by mowers. I hope this isn't a new maintenance practice that is being rolled out across all course. I enjoy the peace and quiet on the golf course so I hope that others will complain about this too. Will someone in charge please tell us if this is going to continue?
Old 11-30-2022, 02:39 PM
Platinum member
Thanked 1,974 Times in 755 Posts

I always said work was distracting because of to much noise.
Old 11-30-2022, 03:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by donsnider52@gmail.com View Post
This afternoon my wife and I played at El Diablo. The noise and interruptions by mowers was terrible. I used to brag about how nice it was to golf in The Villages because you are never disturbed by mowers. I hope this isn't a new maintenance practice that is being rolled out across all course. I enjoy the peace and quiet on the golf course so I hope that others will complain about this too. Will someone in charge please tell us if this is going to continue?
I'm sure they will..... if you ask them and not us. The people on this site only think they are in charge..... they really aren't.
Old 11-30-2022, 03:08 PM
Platinum member
Thanked 2,047 Times in 732 Posts

Quote:

Perhaps you'd prefer that maintenance is done at night?

Or, maybe they should close the courses 2 days a week for maintenance, so no one is bothered by "noise"?
Old 11-30-2022, 04:52 PM
Sage
Thanked 8,279 Times in 4,297 Posts

Quote:
When do you suggest they mow? Should they call to check on YOUR T-times?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianL99 View Post
Perhaps you'd prefer that maintenance is done at night?

Or, maybe they should close the courses 2 days a week for maintenance, so no one is bothered by "noise"?
Just goes to show, you just cant please some people...

-Tom Petty
Old 11-30-2022, 05:47 PM
Sage
Thanked 9,089 Times in 2,750 Posts

Have seen multiple complaints about the lack of courses maintenance. I think it’s a first the complainant is about actually maintaining the course?
Old 11-30-2022, 08:12 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
On the championship courses, the crew does stop running the small machines when golfers are around. Big mowers will slow down. Ever tried to do any yard work at night? Not a good idea and can be dangerous.
Old 11-30-2022, 09:06 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 2,666 Times in 943 Posts

15 minutes later, the OP said this:

"I played Tierra Del Sole on Monday of this week it was in great shape and the greens were ran true. Thank you for the care given to this course. It is a pleasure to play."

So, does he want maintenance or not want it?
Old 12-01-2022, 04:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs.Guy View Post
I'm sure they will..... if you ask them and not us. The people on this site only think they are in charge..... they really aren't.
Good one. LOL!
Old 12-01-2022, 04:45 AM

I never understood why it had to be so quiet when playing golf? In baseball a pitcher throwing a fastball can reach speeds of 91 mph and the crowd is very noisy. I wonder if scores would be higher if the baseball fans had to be quiet during pitches? I'm a non golfer enlighten me please.
Old 12-01-2022, 04:49 AM

Golf is best not used as a verb.
Old 12-01-2022, 05:37 AM

This happened to us recently. One of our girls walked over to the workers and told them to stop until we we were done putting and they very nicely complied.
Old 12-01-2022, 05:44 AM
Platinum member
Thanked 2,047 Times in 732 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stu4206 View Post
I never understood why it had to be so quiet when playing golf? In baseball a pitcher throwing a fastball can reach speeds of 91 mph and the crowd is very noisy. I wonder if scores would be higher if the baseball fans had to be quiet during pitches? I'm a non golfer enlighten me please.
Because that's how it's always been played on Television. If they do it on TV, it must be the right way.

Like the folks who take 3 minutes to line up a 2' Putt.
Old 12-01-2022, 06:14 AM

How dare they 🙈
Old 12-01-2022, 06:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by camp.mich@rocketmail.com View Post
This happened to us recently. One of our girls walked over to the workers and told them to stop until we we were done putting and they very nicely complied.
Why was that necessary? You couldn’t putt with a little noise? You must be very important.
Closed Thread

Tags
hope, maintenance, golf, mowers, complain

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.