Course Maintenance during the day?

Closed Thread
Old 12-01-2022, 06:35 AM
Veteran member

News flash mowers are on the courses during the day many many times we have had to wait until the mowers and sand prep guys moved away. If you want peace and tranquility play the championship courses.
Old 12-01-2022, 06:37 AM
Veteran member

Your right that total silence thing is an ego trip.
Old 12-01-2022, 07:00 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by donsnider52@gmail.com View Post
This afternoon my wife and I played at El Diablo. The noise and interruptions by mowers was terrible. I used to brag about how nice it was to golf in The Villages because you are never disturbed by mowers. I hope this isn't a new maintenance practice that is being rolled out across all course. I enjoy the peace and quiet on the golf course so I hope that others will complain about this too. Will someone in charge please tell us if this is going to continue?
I live on a golf course and they do mow the greens and tee boxes almost every day starting at 6 am. The other mowing in the rough area on Heron is usually on Thursday and goes on all day with the course closed until noon most Thursdays. What would you want them to do now at night.
Old 12-01-2022, 07:19 AM

Jeez, does the noise bother the dogs in the town squares? Oops, I got this mixed up with yesterday's boring thread!
Old 12-01-2022, 07:46 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by crash View Post
I live on a golf course and they do mow the greens and tee boxes almost every day starting at 6 am. The other mowing in the rough area on Heron is usually on Thursday and goes on all day with the course closed until noon most Thursdays. What would you want them to do now at night.
Yah they would they don’t care about anyone but themselves. Lot of self centered people
Old 12-01-2022, 07:51 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,368 Times in 2,396 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by camp.mich@rocketmail.com View Post
This happened to us recently. One of our girls walked over to the workers and told them to stop until we we were done putting and they very nicely complied.
Quote:
Originally Posted by westernrider75 View Post
Why was that necessary? You couldn’t putt with a little noise? You must be very important.
Using email address for user name is also not advised, unless very important person.
Old 12-01-2022, 08:02 AM

Quote:
This afternoon my wife and I played at El Diablo. The noise and interruptions by mowers was terrible. I used to brag about how nice it was to golf in The Villages because you are never disturbed by mowers. I hope this isn't a new maintenance practice that is being rolled out across all course. I enjoy the peace and quiet on the golf course so I hope that others will complain about this too. Will someone in charge please tell us if this is going to continue?
Maybe you should complain there are not enough cheese and cracker service at each hole. This Has to be one of the most ridiculous post I’ve ever seen.
Old 12-01-2022, 08:29 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMintzer View Post
When do you suggest they mow? Should they call to check on YOUR T-times?

Just goes to show, you just cant please some people...
You took the words right out of my mouth!👍🏼
Old 12-01-2022, 08:31 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by WingedFoot78 View Post
Jeez, does the noise bother the dogs in the town squares? Oops, I got this mixed up with yesterday's boring thread!
😂🤣😂😂🤣😂🍻👍🏼
Old 12-01-2022, 08:31 AM
Default Correct.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianL99 View Post
Perhaps you'd prefer that maintenance is done at night?

Or, maybe they should close the courses 2 days a week for maintenance, so no one is bothered by "noise"?
I have be golfing in TV for about eight years and have rarely seen a mower on a course during the day so I guessed that the work was being done at night.
Old 12-01-2022, 08:45 AM

So long as they start on the 9th hole and work their way down to the first hole there’s not much noise. I played one 18 hole course where I had to follow the workers and that wasn’t working so I skipped the hole they were working on. Sure helped my game as I gave myself an eagle on the missed hole.
Old 12-01-2022, 09:38 AM
Sage
Thanked 8,279 Times in 4,297 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chamo View Post
Maybe you should complain there are not enough cheese and cracker service at each hole. This Has to be one of the most ridiculous post I’ve ever seen.
I played with a guy who had the basket behind the seat set up as a full bar...

That's my kind of golf partner!

-Tom Petty
Old 12-01-2022, 11:42 AM

If they shut down the course to mow the lawn and hundreds of people couldn’t play that day, would that be OK with you?
Old 12-01-2022, 12:50 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 2,611 Times in 946 Posts

The Villages could switch to a new type of grass. There’s a greens keeper, his name is Carl Spackler.
He invented a hybrid. This is a cross, ah, of Bluegrass, Kentucky Bluegrass, Featherbed Bent, and Northern California Sensemilia. The amazing stuff about this is, that you can play 36 holes on it in the afternoon, take it home and just get stoned to the bejeezus-belt that night on this stuff.
Old 12-01-2022, 01:19 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,682 Times in 1,534 Posts

Quote:
Count your blessings. The golf courses where many if not most of us came from are probably under a foot of snow.
Closed Thread

Tags
hope, maintenance, golf, mowers, complain

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.