Course Maintenance during the day?

Closed Thread
Old 12-01-2022, 03:06 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,368 Times in 2,396 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThirdOfFive View Post
Count your blessings. The golf courses where many if not most of us came from are probably under a foot of snow.
And those darn snow blowers are running constantly..........
Old 12-01-2022, 03:19 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,682 Times in 1,534 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMintzer View Post
I played with a guy who had the basket behind the seat set up as a full bar...

That's my kind of golf partner!
Lol!

My sister-in-law from Milwaukee visited us for a week this past April. She's an avid golfer and being from Milwaukee is no stranger to alcohol. She had several bottles of "aiming fluid" with her; those little beer bottles of I believe 7 ounces. We were playing Saddlebrook. I hadn't been too successful on the first few holes so she gave me a bottle of aiming fluid. On the very next hole, 75 yards (#4?) I got a hole in one!

True story.
Old 12-01-2022, 03:42 PM
Sage
Thanked 8,279 Times in 4,297 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papa_lecki View Post
The Villages could switch to a new type of grass. There’s a greens keeper, his name is Carl Spackler.
He invented a hybrid. This is a cross, ah, of Bluegrass, Kentucky Bluegrass, Featherbed Bent, and Northern California Sensemilia. The amazing stuff about this is, that you can play 36 holes on it in the afternoon, take it home and just get stoned to the bejeezus-belt that night on this stuff.
Which is nice...

-Tom Petty
Old 12-01-2022, 03:44 PM
Sage
Thanked 8,279 Times in 4,297 Posts

Quote:
Lol!

My sister-in-law from Milwaukee visited us for a week this past April. She's an avid golfer and being from Milwaukee is no stranger to alcohol. She had several bottles of "aiming fluid" with her; those little beer bottles of I believe 7 ounces. We were playing Saddlebrook. I hadn't been too successful on the first few holes so she gave me a bottle of aiming fluid. On the very next hole, 75 yards (#4?) I got a hole in one!

True story.
"Aiming Fluid"... LOL!

I don't know if it helps me aim any better, but it does seem to make me care less about the misses...

-Tom Petty
Old 12-01-2022, 06:26 PM
Sage
Thanked 9,089 Times in 2,750 Posts

Quote:
Lol!

True story.
Never heard the term “aiming fluid”, always thought it was “swing oil”.
Old 12-02-2022, 07:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by donsnider52@gmail.com View Post
This afternoon my wife and I played at El Diablo. The noise and interruptions by mowers was terrible. I used to brag about how nice it was to golf in The Villages because you are never disturbed by mowers. I hope this isn't a new maintenance practice that is being rolled out across all course. I enjoy the peace and quiet on the golf course so I hope that others will complain about this too. Will someone in charge please tell us if this is going to continue?
May be next time you play bring rain gear they will cut at night and water in the day.
Old 12-02-2022, 07:47 AM

I hope they had enough cheese and crackers at each hole for you
Old 12-02-2022, 08:16 AM

I am thrilled to live and play Golf at The Villages. I like early bird golf and the ground crews are out early. All golf courses do maintenance all day long. The crews are very nice and will wait if you ask them. I wait on them because it makes the course easier to play. All of the staff are there to ensure we are safe and courteous. It is up to all golfers to also take care of the courses we enjoy playing on. Rake sand traps, fix divots, and keep up a good pace or let others through. People complain about turnpike noise also. Why don’t people only travel at night.
Old 12-02-2022, 08:17 AM

Well just when the hell do you want them to cut and mow? How about 4am so as bother the people that live on the actual course.???
Old 12-02-2022, 08:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by donsnider52@gmail.com View Post
This afternoon my wife and I played at El Diablo. The noise and interruptions by mowers was terrible. I used to brag about how nice it was to golf in The Villages because you are never disturbed by mowers. I hope this isn't a new maintenance practice that is being rolled out across all course. I enjoy the peace and quiet on the golf course so I hope that others will complain about this too. Will someone in charge please tell us if this is going to continue?
Well, it would be a little difficult to mow at night. When would you suggest they do it?
Old 12-02-2022, 02:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by camp.mich@rocketmail.com View Post
This happened to us recently. One of our girls walked over to the workers and told them to stop until we we were done putting and they very nicely complied.
"told them to stop"!!!
Wow! Aren't you special!
Old 12-02-2022, 03:39 PM

Maintenance always has the right of way but if you nicely ask the workers they will gladly stop until you pass 🙂
Old 12-03-2022, 07:56 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,578 Times in 1,323 Posts

OP the mow guy’s drive past my house @4:45am. They are in route to their designated area’s to mow. Guessing depending on drive time, they must hop out of bed @ 3am.

Just to make your 9 holes of golf a unhappy experience that you need to complain to a few hundred people.

I on the underhand applaud the workers, who get up early, work in the dark, and make the course’s playable for all those who choose to play.
Old 12-03-2022, 08:53 AM
Sage
Thanked 14,052 Times in 5,337 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by nhtexasrn View Post
Well, it would be a little difficult to mow at night. When would you suggest they do it?
Full moon?
Old 12-03-2022, 09:04 AM
Sage
Thanked 7,382 Times in 2,520 Posts

Noise or distraction has never bothered me on the course.
Years ago when I had a half decent game I was a member of a Nomad Golf Society.
We never had a home club, but toured around and played the better courses we could never afford to be members of.
Belching, farting, blowing nose were not uncommon sounds when it got near the money shots/putts near the end of a round.
With an apology of course!
Closed Thread

Tags
hope, maintenance, golf, mowers, complain

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.