Course Maintenance during the day?

Old 12-03-2022, 10:58 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 1,980 Times in 713 Posts

Years ago I worked on a golf course and cut the fairways during the day. I always said if the golfers were as good as they thought they were then the noise shouldn’t bother them.

Old 12-04-2022, 09:58 AM
Sage
Thanked 9,097 Times in 2,753 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThirdOfFive View Post
Count your blessings. The golf courses where many if not most of us came from are probably under a foot of snow.
Not covered with snow yet, the snow we got has melted. Playing today to extend my streak of playing at least one round per month to 72 months. Might be able to squeeze in a couple rounds in the Villages before New Years, but can’t leave it to chance in case bad weather delays our drive south for the winter. It’s 29 degrees now, but is supposed to get up to a toasty 35 degrees by 1:00. Hopefully I won’t have to drill a hole in the ground with my cordless drill to get a tee into the ground? Yearning for the Villages.

Old 12-06-2022, 09:06 AM
Default It may help

If you are golfing on El Diablo the distraction may actually help your game, or at least give you an excuse for struggling.

Old 12-08-2022, 06:19 AM
Platinum member
Thanked 1,868 Times in 787 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by donsnider52@gmail.com View Post
This afternoon my wife and I played at El Diablo. The noise and interruptions by mowers was terrible. I used to brag about how nice it was to golf in The Villages because you are never disturbed by mowers. I hope this isn't a new maintenance practice that is being rolled out across all course. I enjoy the peace and quiet on the golf course so I hope that others will complain about this too. Will someone in charge please tell us if this is going to continue?
Odd. Some of us are disturbed when the courses are mowed before dawn! That’s what generally happens where I live. When it’s still dark! All so you won’t be disturbed.

Old 12-24-2022, 10:23 AM

And when do you suggest the maintenance gets done? 7:00am? 9:30pm?

Old 12-24-2022, 12:54 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,371 Times in 2,399 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maybelle View Post
And when do you suggest the maintenance gets done? 7:00am? 9:30pm?
It’s all covered in posts 1-49…………………….

Old 12-25-2022, 12:27 PM

Why are we seeing the same post for 25 days now

Old 12-25-2022, 12:35 PM
Sage
Thanked 8,279 Times in 4,297 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by conman5652@aol.com View Post
Why are we seeing the same post for 25 days now
Because someone read the first post, but not the responses, and felt the need to post what's already been posted, multiple times...

-Tom Petty

Old 12-25-2022, 12:43 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,944 Times in 1,114 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by tophcfa View Post
Not covered with snow yet, the snow we got has melted. Playing today to extend my streak of playing at least one round per month to 72 months. Might be able to squeeze in a couple rounds in the Villages before New Years, but can’t leave it to chance in case bad weather delays our drive south for the winter. It’s 29 degrees now, but is supposed to get up to a toasty 35 degrees by 1:00. Hopefully I won’t have to drill a hole in the ground with my cordless drill to get a tee into the ground? Yearning for the Villages.
Nice New England attitude , no winter golfer or any golfer at all , but I have participated in the L street Brownies , New Years swim plunges over a dozen years , last time was 10 years ago I was 74 , it was bitter cold and I don’t spend enough time up there anymore to get somewhat acclimated, but never say never I guess , maybe in the years to come when I move back next year for good

Old 12-25-2022, 06:51 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,562 Times in 508 Posts

Really? Complaining about the noise the maintenance workers are making? What about ambulances, loud vehicles, the turnpike noise, etc? Good lord, focus on your game and you’ll block out any noises you hear.

Old 01-09-2023, 09:28 AM

Why is this here everyday. It happen months ago

Old 01-09-2023, 10:59 AM
Sage
Thanked 8,279 Times in 4,297 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by conman5652@aol.com View Post
Why is this here everyday. It happen months ago
The last post was on Christmas Day.

As long as people keep replying (like you just did), it'll keep scrolling to the top and it'll take a while for it to scroll away to the depths of ToTV...

-Tom Petty

Old 01-09-2023, 01:32 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 1,980 Times in 713 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by donsnider52@gmail.com View Post
This afternoon my wife and I played at El Diablo. The noise and interruptions by mowers was terrible. I used to brag about how nice it was to golf in The Villages because you are never disturbed by mowers. I hope this isn't a new maintenance practice that is being rolled out across all course. I enjoy the peace and quiet on the golf course so I hope that others will complain about this too. Will someone in charge please tell us if this is going to continue?
Not sure when you want the work to be done. Maybe your schedule just hasn’t crossed with them before. Many moons ago I use to work on a course and we cut or pulled the greens before the course open and cut the rest during the day. While cutting the fairways we quickly leaned who got ****ed off the most by us being their so they didn’t get special treatment but for others we would pull off and shut the motor off.

Old 01-09-2023, 04:28 PM
Veteran member
Thanked 1,551 Times in 419 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garywt View Post
Not sure when you want the work to be done. Maybe your schedule just hasn’t crossed with them before. Many moons ago I use to work on a course and we cut or pulled the greens before the course open and cut the rest during the day. While cutting the fairways we quickly leaned who got ****ed off the most by us being their so they didn’t get special treatment but for others we would pull off and shut the motor off.
Good for you. I'd love to be the mower who was working when the previous poster said they "TOLD" the mowers to stop while they were playing the hole. That could be really fun.

Old 01-09-2023, 04:41 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,371 Times in 2,399 Posts

Too bad this thread didn’t stay in rest.

Tags
hope, maintenance, golf, mowers, complain

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.