executive courses

Closed Thread
Old 03-14-2023, 05:44 AM
Sage
Thanked 7,480 Times in 2,557 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianL99 View Post
The statistics prove that's inaccurate and an "old wives tale".

Ball striking is more important.
....and statistics missed a lot of 3 foot putts!
Old 03-14-2023, 10:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjn5656 View Post
What I don't understand is why are some in decent shape and others should be shut down. Is it the maintenace crews who are doing the work? Who is supervising the work and the conditions?
Answered in post #4
Old 03-14-2023, 06:09 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papa_lecki View Post
Do 40,000 really pay the trail fee? Wow
the population is around 140000 , and only 50% play golf. i may be a little low with 5.6 mill. $142x 70ooo people = 9.9 mill . if you play exc.golf and ride you pay trail fees,$142 per year or 8bucks a round 9holes.
Old 03-14-2023, 07:35 PM
Soaring Eagle member

The executive golf annual trail fee of about $142 is per house, not per person. My guess would be about 1/3 of the houses pay the executive golf annual trail fee. Perhaps 25K houses are paying the executive golf annual trail fee. The 9 hole trail fee if you don't pay the annual fee is $4. If anyone knows the exact number then please post.

Quote:
Originally Posted by village dreamer View Post
the population is around 140000 , and only 50% play golf. i may be a little low with 5.6 mill. $142x 70ooo people = 9.9 mill . if you play exc.golf and ride you pay trail fees,$142 per year or 8bucks a round 9holes.

Last edited by tuccillo; 03-14-2023 at 08:28 PM.
Old 03-14-2023, 08:42 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tuccillo View Post
The executive golf annual trail fee of about $142 is per house, not per person. My guess would be about 1/3 of the houses pay the executive golf annual trail fee. Perhaps 25K houses are paying the executive golf annual trail fee. The 9 hole trail fee if you don't pay the annual fee is $4. If anyone knows the exact number then please post.
i look the trail fees up its $11
Old 03-14-2023, 08:52 PM
Veteran member
Default new exc.course boss

the other e paper said , mitch leininger has a new boss . mr bruce brown. to try and fix the executive courses, we can only hope.
Old 03-14-2023, 09:07 PM
Soaring Eagle member

No, the executive golf trail fee is $4 per round unless you pay the annual or semi-annual trail fee. You are confusing the greens fee ($7 or $11, depending on the date) for guests with the trail fee - two different things.

From the Villages Golf webpage:

What costs are related to playing on the Executive Golf Trail?

Green fees on the executive courses are free for residents. A trail fee is required for use of a golf car on the courses and may be paid per round, semi-annually or annually. The fee is required for each person in a golf car. The trail fee is $4.00 per person for each round played. Members of a household may purchase a six-month trail fee for $105.93 with tax and a yearly trail fee is available for $141.24 with tax. There is no charge to resident or guests for walking.

Quote:
i look the trail fees up its $11

Last edited by tuccillo; 03-14-2023 at 09:18 PM.
Old 03-14-2023, 09:20 PM
Soaring Eagle member

Please don't replace divots with the Bermuda grass that we have. Fill them with sand.

Quote:
There's almost no way to get beginning golfers or lazy golfers, to replace divots, rake sand traps and fix ball marks. That said, all the good etiquette in the world, won't make up for deficient agronomy and maintenance practices.

PGA Tournaments destroy golf courses and a couple of weeks later, you'd hardly notice there was ever a tournament there.
Old 03-15-2023, 04:30 AM
Platinum member
Thanked 2,178 Times in 781 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by tuccillo View Post
Please don't replace divots with the Bermuda grass that we have. Fill them with sand.
Sorry, I forgot for a moment, that we're in Florida and it's Bermuda and should be filled.
Old 03-15-2023, 06:50 AM
Sage
Thanked 4,731 Times in 1,554 Posts

The point has been made several times but bears repeating. Course upkeep is a SHARED responsibility. That is why we have not only good etiquette standards but rules for conduct on the course that all too often get ignored. Just a few of the things I've seen in the past few months on the executive courses:

- Non-authorized golf carts driving onto the fairways instead of sticking to the paths.
- Traps (many) not being raked by the person hitting out of it.
- Pullcarts on greens.
- Cigarette butt on green (saw it only once but that is still too many)
- Ball marks not being fixed.
- Divots not being filled.
- Etc.

In fairness some of this is unintentional. I spoke to one of the people who was driving his cart on the fairway and he claimed not to have known: that he was ?"just visiting" for a couple of weeks. He actually thanked me for telling him. But others? Those rakes are lying around the edges of traps for a reason; it takes no great leap of logic to assume that they're there to be USED. A person can claim ignorance only so long, and the rules ARE posted.

In my opinion the more egregious violations should be penalized. The ambassadors know which group is playing which hole and a penalty similar to the "point" system for cancelling tee times could easily be implemented. My guess is that if such a system were implemented, things would improve.
Old 03-15-2023, 06:55 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 2,648 Times in 964 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThirdOfFive View Post
The point has been made several times but bears repeating. Course upkeep is a SHARED responsibility. That is why we have not only good etiquette standards but rules for conduct on the course that all too often get ignored. Just a few of the things I've seen in the past few months on the executive courses:

- Non-authorized golf carts driving onto the fairways instead of sticking to the paths.
- Traps (many) not being raked by the person hitting out of it.
- Pullcarts on greens.
- Cigarette butt on green (saw it only once but that is still too many)
- Ball marks not being fixed.
- Divots not being filled.
- Etc.

In fairness some of this is unintentional. I spoke to one of the people who was driving his cart on the fairway and he claimed not to have known: that he was ?"just visiting" for a couple of weeks. He actually thanked me for telling him. But others? Those rakes are lying around the edges of traps for a reason; it takes no great leap of logic to assume that they're there to be USED. A person can claim ignorance only so long, and the rules ARE posted.

In my opinion the more egregious violations should be penalized. The ambassadors know which group is playing which hole and a penalty similar to the "point" system for cancelling tee times could easily be implemented. My guess is that if such a system were implemented, things would improve.
Agree on these….

One thing that we all should do, fix our ball marks (and by our, i mean my foursome) on a green and fix one additional ball mark.
Same will divots on the tee box.
Especially those of us who are more mobile (can bend over easier).
Old 03-16-2023, 08:58 PM

Quote:
You have a voice, every time you vote for someone on the Board of Supervisors of the 2 involved, CDD's.
I agree. You can also come to the next VCCDD monthly Board of Supervisors meeting on Wednesday April 12 at 3:30 located at Savanah Center and voice your opinion.
Old 03-17-2023, 08:16 AM

We need to treat the grass with some tender care. Courses should be allowed to heal divots by shutting down play one out of every four weeks.
Old 03-17-2023, 06:16 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Amenity fees have nothing to do with the Championship courses. The Championship courses are privately owned, maintained and operated.

& I doubt you'll find many people who are happy with the conditions at the Executive courses. It's embarrassing that they're even called "golf courses".
Just played Long Leaf. Course was in great shape and greens were smooth and "fast". A lot of undulations. Looks like the warmer weather is helping a lot.
Old 03-17-2023, 06:25 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
the big bucks im talking about, trail fees $142 x 40000= $5.6 million . the greens are disease and weeds not over played.
The trail fees would give the courses additional $140K in revenue each year. This would pay the salaries of 3-4 maintenance workers a year. Bet fertilizer and fuel costs exceed the 140K a year. Really need to know how much of our $160 monthly fee goes towards exec golf. Hats off to the person in charge of Long Leaf. Played there on 3/17 and course was top notch.
Closed Thread

Tags
executive, courses, job, put, poor

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.