executive courses

Closed Thread
Old 03-12-2023, 01:48 PM
Sage
Thanked 8,279 Times in 4,297 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfing eagles View Post
One to one correlation???? Hardly, we don't have room for 80,000 golf courses. However, prior to crossing 44, there was approximately 1 championship course for every 5,000 homes and 1 exec for every 1,500 homes. Based on the proposed construction plans, by the time they build out to CR 470, that ratio will be approximately the same.
The Villages Florida

-Tom Petty
Old 03-12-2023, 02:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoMar View Post
Plus no solutions.....choices might be to reduce play on the Exec courses (wonder how that will be received), invest more amenity fee monies into the maintenance (increase fees or remove other amenities..wonder how that will be received). Always easy to complain, not so easy to come up with viable solutions. What's your poison to be able to put up with the exec courses?
I vote for increasing amenity fees.
Old 03-12-2023, 02:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyers999 View Post
I vote for increasing amenity fees.
Increasing the amenity fees affects everyone. Increasing the cost of trail fees only affects golfers.

Also the course conditions are caused by several issues. Not all can be fixed with more money. These issues have been stated many times and people don't want to hear them. But lack of water is a prime issue, all the courses in Sumter county are under a limited amount of water from the water district. We also had 2 very hard freezes which lasted for a couple of days. Add to that the number of golf carts on the courses heavily affect the fairways. The greens are another matter, that is detailed and tough. More money would help but it is not a cure all.
Old 03-13-2023, 05:09 AM
Veteran member

Not enough and not fast enough. Putting and pitch and putt courses aren’t golf courses.
Old 03-13-2023, 05:17 AM
Gold member
Send a message via AIM to rjn5656
Default Executive golf courses

What I don't understand is why are some in decent shape and others should be shut down. Is it the maintenace crews who are doing the work? Who is supervising the work and the conditions?
Old 03-13-2023, 05:42 AM

To keep all the executive courses in top shape would mean 1. Limit the amount of play on each course, or 2. Closing courses for more maintenance resulting in more play on the remaining courses. Pick your poison!
Old 03-13-2023, 06:40 AM
Default Big Bucks????

Quote:
Originally Posted by village dreamer View Post
why do we put up with poor executive courses. who ever is in charge is not doing a good job. maybe put his job on the line.we pay big bucks for what weeds and dirt.i belive we own the executive courses.we need a voice. this has been going on for a few years.
To cover golf, pickleball, pools, rec centers, common areas, etc. Big bucks? Really? So here's several solutions for the golfers.

1. Limit the players to the point that the courses can be maintained to Village Dreamers standard.

2. Increase fees that the golfers pay so that maintenance crews can work all night on every golf course just for the "season" and then let them go for the next 8 months.

Maybe these are the best solutions but at least I offered something. I was told a very long time ago by a very wise and prominent man (much to my chagrin) that I should never complain about something without offerein "something" as a possible solution,,otherwise I am nothing more than a complainer.
Old 03-13-2023, 06:41 AM

My wife and I play the exective courses 3 times a week. What I do see that could help the greens significantly is repairing your ball marks. Too many time I see a pock marked green. There is no good reason they were not repaired. Sometimes there are 10 to 15 ball marks that will cause issues woithe the greens because they aren't fixed. Also it makes putting difficult when your ball is bouncing over these obstruction. Laziness is the only reason I can think of.
Old 03-13-2023, 06:55 AM

And the Non-Golfers should pay also?
Old 03-13-2023, 06:57 AM

Putting and pitching courses are useless in my opinion
Old 03-13-2023, 08:13 AM

Quote:
why do we put up with poor executive courses. who ever is in charge is not doing a good job. maybe put his job on the line.we pay big bucks for what weeds and dirt.i belive we own the executive courses.we need a voice. this has been going on for a few years.
Golf course maintenance is a partnership between the management and the golfers.

The majority of Executive participants have little sense of the basic “rules” of etiquette - fill tee divots with sand/mix (even if they’re not yours), and ball marks on greens (even if they’re not yours).

I consider playing Executives as practice because they get so much play by many who believe course upkeep is management’s responsibility.

If players would take a few extra seconds to do a little maintenance, conditions would be better.

Same goes for the Championships, but players paying actual $ means a higher percentage of those who will do their part to keep the course in good shape.
Old 03-13-2023, 08:31 AM

Quote:
“We” are part of the problem. How many ball marks and sand traps do you repair as you play? I do as much as I can while still keeping within play times per hole.
Old 03-13-2023, 08:54 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,167 Times in 439 Posts

FIX BALL MARKS, REPAIR DIVOTS and for those PRIORITY MEMBERS that think they don't have to rake sand trap mess, you are sadly mistaken.

Last edited by jebartle; 03-13-2023 at 09:01 AM.
Old 03-13-2023, 09:20 AM
Soaring Eagle member

Village Dreamer, not saying you’re wrong but who’s standards are you talking about. I’m sure theirs some people that are happy with the Executive Courses. You know TV could close some of TV Executive Course & make the rest Supreme. But then they’ll be that group of people that’ll complain that they can’t get a tee time. You know to keep 40+ executive courses & 12+ Championships Courses up to standards that some people want, they would have to raise your amenities. Then the non golfers would complain. Like I said, not saying you’re wrong but I think TV’s do their best for what money they have coming in!
Old 03-13-2023, 09:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfing eagles View Post
One to one correlation???? Hardly, we don't have room for 80,000 golf courses. However, prior to crossing 44, there was approximately 1 championship course for every 5,000 homes and 1 exec for every 1,500 homes. Based on the proposed construction plans, by the time they build out to CR 470, that ratio will be approximately the same.
In those numbers are you using the Pitch and putt.. and the putting course ???? And Where are you getting your number of NEW COURSES From..
Closed Thread

Tags
executive, courses, job, put, poor

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.