executive courses

Closed Thread
Old 03-13-2023, 10:01 AM
Sage
Thanked 12,912 Times in 4,141 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daddymac View Post
In those numbers are you using the Pitch and putt.. and the putting course ???? And Where are you getting your number of NEW COURSES From..
1) not putting courses, see below for pitch and putt
2) continuing the dream in the paper and Villages website, as well as stated construction plans.

The plan calls for 20,000 homes between 44 and 470, there is one championship course with 3 more under construction/planned, so the 5,000 to 1 ratio holds. There are only 5 existing execs south of 44, and 3 "short" exec courses (pitch and putt). There are at least 3 more execs planned, perhaps another pitch and putt, but detailed plans are sketchy. This might make the exec ratio rise to 1:2000, but the developer may be banking on younger retirees being more interested in hiking and biking than golf. There is certainly more than enough land to correct any ratio that fall out of balance.
Old 03-13-2023, 10:07 AM
Sage
Thanked 4,682 Times in 1,534 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhioBuckeye View Post
Village Dreamer, not saying you’re wrong but who’s standards are you talking about. I’m sure theirs some people that are happy with the Executive Courses. You know TV could close some of TV Executive Course & make the rest Supreme. But then they’ll be that group of people that’ll complain that they can’t get a tee time. You know to keep 40+ executive courses & 12+ Championships Courses up to standards that some people want, they would have to raise your amenities. Then the non golfers would complain. Like I said, not saying you’re wrong but I think TV’s do their best for what money they have coming in!
Good points. You can’t please all of the people, all of the time. Considering the weather since Christmas, all the executive courses I’ve played seem to be in pretty good shape. Some, even excellent.

I would like to see (as Post #20 has it) a bit more consistency, course to course, in the level of maintenance. It seems to vary significantly. More than one company doing maintenance? Indifferent supervision? Different maintenance needs course-to-course?
Old 03-13-2023, 10:31 AM

Why complain to other villagers on this site? The man in charge is Mitch Leininger. Everyone should complain to him and just maybe someone will listen. mitch.leininger@districtgov.org
Old 03-13-2023, 01:18 PM
Sage
Thanked 8,276 Times in 4,296 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunny2403 View Post
Putting and pitching courses are useless in my opinion
It's 50% of your game... Every teaching pro I know says THAT is where most of your practice should be...

-Tom Petty
Old 03-13-2023, 01:52 PM
Sage
Thanked 9,087 Times in 2,748 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMintzer View Post
It's 50% of your game... Every teaching pro I know says THAT is where most of your practice should be...
Right, but you need to practice on the same conditions that you are practicing for. Hitting off a mat and putting on fuzzy greens, that don’t resemble Championship course greens, is counterproductive. That’s why courses like Palmer have both pitching and putting greens on site. Being able to practice hitting full swings off grass is problematic in a place with so many golfers as practice areas would not be able to hold real grass. I hate hitting off mats, it teaches you bad habits which don’t improve your game.
Old 03-13-2023, 02:45 PM
Sage
Thanked 8,276 Times in 4,296 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by tophcfa View Post
Right, but you need to practice on the same conditions that you are practicing for. Hitting off a mat and putting on fuzzy greens, that don’t resemble Championship course greens, is counterproductive. That’s why courses like Palmer have both pitching and putting greens on site. Being able to practice hitting full swings off grass is problematic in a place with so many golfers as practice areas would not be able to hold real grass. I hate hitting off mats, it teaches you bad habits which don’t improve your game.
Every Championship course has a practice putting green and some allow short pitching...

Some Exec courses also have practice greens...

-Tom Petty
Old 03-13-2023, 03:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfing eagles View Post
1) not putting courses, see below for pitch and putt
2) continuing the dream in the paper and Villages website, as well as stated construction plans.

The plan calls for 20,000 homes between 44 and 470, there is one championship course with 3 more under construction/planned, so the 5,000 to 1 ratio holds. There are only 5 existing execs south of 44, and 3 "short" exec courses (pitch and putt). There are at least 3 more execs planned, perhaps another pitch and putt, but detailed plans are sketchy. This might make the exec ratio rise to 1:2000, but the developer may be banking on younger retirees being more interested in hiking and biking than golf. There is certainly more than enough land to correct any ratio that fall out of balance.
In Continuing the Dream, Vol 15, they state six additional executive courses are planned in addition to one more P&P and a new Golf Academy. I know things change or evolve, but they were committed enough to put it in writing.

Continuing The Dream: Volume 15
Old 03-13-2023, 06:02 PM
Platinum member
Thanked 2,045 Times in 731 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhioBuckeye View Post
Village Dreamer, not saying you’re wrong but who’s standards are you talking about. I’m sure theirs some people that are happy with the Executive Courses. You know TV could close some of TV Executive Course & make the rest Supreme. But then they’ll be that group of people that’ll complain that they can’t get a tee time. You know to keep 40+ executive courses & 12+ Championships Courses up to standards that some people want, they would have to raise your amenities. Then the non golfers would complain. Like I said, not saying you’re wrong but I think TV’s do their best for what money they have coming in!
Amenity fees have nothing to do with the Championship courses. The Championship courses are privately owned, maintained and operated.

& I doubt you'll find many people who are happy with the conditions at the Executive courses. It's embarrassing that they're even called "golf courses".
Old 03-13-2023, 06:41 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovebiking View Post
To cover golf, pickleball, pools, rec centers, common areas, etc. Big bucks? Really? So here's several solutions for the golfers.

1. Limit the players to the point that the courses can be maintained to Village Dreamers standard.

2. Increase fees that the golfers pay so that maintenance crews can work all night on every golf course just for the "season" and then let them go for the next 8 months.

Maybe these are the best solutions but at least I offered something. I was told a very long time ago by a very wise and prominent man (much to my chagrin) that I should never complain about something without offerein "something" as a possible solution,,otherwise I am nothing more than a complainer.
the big bucks im talking about, trail fees $142 x 40000= $5.6 million . the greens are disease and weeds not over played.
Old 03-13-2023, 07:07 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by village dreamer View Post
the big bucks im talking about, trail fees $142 x 40000= $5.6 million . the greens are disease and weeds not over played.
If the CDD's are taking in $5.6M in "trail fees", those Executive golf courses should in way better condition!
Old 03-13-2023, 08:50 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 2,608 Times in 945 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by village dreamer View Post
Do 40,000 really pay the trail fee? Wow
Old 03-14-2023, 03:52 AM
Sage
Thanked 7,380 Times in 2,520 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunny2403 View Post
Putting and pitching courses are useless in my opinion
Don't agree.
They are good for beginners, and good for short game practice.
When I played, 90% of my practice was chipping, pitching, and putting.
Most people smashing drives etc. down the range are mainly practicing their faults.
Much more beneficial to concentrate on short game.
They are the money shots!
JMHO.

PS. .....and always putt out!
Old 03-14-2023, 04:50 AM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Two Bills View Post
Don't agree.
They are good for beginners, and good for short game practice.
When I played, 90% of my practice was chipping, pitching, and putting.
Most people smashing drives etc. down the range are mainly practicing their faults.
Much more beneficial to concentrate on short game.
They are the money shots!
JMHO.

PS. .....and always putt out!
The statistics prove that's inaccurate and an "old wives tale".

Ball striking is more important.
Old 03-14-2023, 05:08 AM
Default Executive courses

There seem to be two issues. One is why are courses maintained differently? This should be addressed by Exec. course maintenance management. The second issue is noncompliance to basic course etiquette and upkeep. Here's a different idea - designate a couple of courses that would : 1) have a couple of ambassadors with the authority to enforce the rules and upkeep of the course, 2) require divots to be sanded , traps to be raked, ball marks to be repaired, etc. Those not compliant should be asked to leave the course and not allowed to return. You would be surprised how the conditions would be greatly improved. On the downside, there would then be a lot of golfers wanting to play those specific courses. Unless of course if more courses would be included in this concept.
Old 03-14-2023, 05:23 AM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by wbadger View Post

2) require divots to be sanded , traps to be raked, ball marks to be repaired, etc. Those not compliant should be asked to leave the course and not allowed to return. You would be surprised how the conditions would be greatly improved.
There's almost no way to get beginning golfers or lazy golfers, to replace divots, rake sand traps and fix ball marks. That said, all the good etiquette in the world, won't make up for deficient agronomy and maintenance practices.

PGA Tournaments destroy golf courses and a couple of weeks later, you'd hardly notice there was ever a tournament there.
Closed Thread

Tags
executive, courses, job, put, poor

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.