Executive Golf Course Maintenance

Closed Thread
Old 09-04-2023, 10:59 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,368 Times in 2,396 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomterrif View Post
It’s odd to me how the executive golf courses beautifully landscape then refuse to maintain the beauty … we have a large bed in back of our house in Okeechobee which originally had 4 palms, several grasses and several red roses… they never took care of the grasses so they removed them… they now ignore both the roses and weeding.. the roses although not dead might as well.. Cannot ignore proper fertilization and trimming with roses. Workers drive by all day in bliss and ignorance. My wife and a neighbor periodically weed… and in the hour doing so they get several comments from players that they also have to weed behind their homes due to lack of maintenance… yet they charge a significant premium for these lots … quite a low standard to measure performance.. sometimes I wonder if they even understand the proper approach to maintaining a decorative bed. It is sad when the golf courses take advantage of paying neighbors
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bogie Shooter View Post
Executive Golf Maintenance
1026 Canal Street
The Villages, FL 32162
Phone: 352-674-1885

Share with us what you find out……….
Quote:
I am amazed how many people make excuses for the poor maintenance of tbe beds in the golf courses and the condition of the courses. If one buys a home in tbe golf course should not your expectation be that tbe maintenance continues to meet the standard it was at purchase… go you exo ct that if the house next to you…. Do you not have recourse when it is not true…. I watch the fairways being mowed so close in tbe wi ter that there is almost no grass… is that tbe right use of labor…. I se damaged greens…. Admittedly golfers are not asked to repair ball marks or take sand straps…. That really means they’re have zero golf etiquette but most of the damage I see is from scalping the green, fluid leaks, or fertilizer burning. They need a plan to assure the same level of maintenance after the executive course is transferred from the developer to the CCD..:. Maybe a larger trust fund required… however even the championship courses suffer…. Their condition has dramatically decreased in the 16 years we have been coming here… tearing down the clubhouse on Hacienda never being an example… anyway improper maintenance may well be one factor that kills the golden egg of our housing investments…
So, you didn’t call?
Old 09-05-2023, 11:03 AM

Quote:
I am amazed how many people make excuses for the poor maintenance of tbe beds in the golf courses and the condition of the courses. If one buys a home in tbe golf course should not your expectation be that tbe maintenance continues to meet the standard it was at purchase… go you exo ct that if the house next to you…. Do you not have recourse when it is not true…. I watch the fairways being mowed so close in tbe wi ter that there is almost no grass… is that tbe right use of labor…. I se damaged greens…. Admittedly golfers are not asked to repair ball marks or take sand straps…. That really means they’re have zero golf etiquette but most of the damage I see is from scalping the green, fluid leaks, or fertilizer burning. They need a plan to assure the same level of maintenance after the executive course is transferred from the developer to the CCD..:. Maybe a larger trust fund required… however even the championship courses suffer…. Their condition has dramatically decreased in the 16 years we have been coming here… tearing down the clubhouse on Hacienda never being an example… anyway improper maintenance may well be one factor that kills the golden egg of our housing investments…
I'd have to disagree strongly about the assertion that the championship course conditions have dramatically decreased over 16 years. The condition of the championship courses is much better now than it was when I got here in 2011 thru at least 2015.

I would be surprised if a couple pictures sent to Executive golf maintenance didn't result in some action.
Old 09-05-2023, 02:15 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomSpasm View Post
I'd have to disagree strongly about the assertion that the championship course conditions have dramatically decreased over 16 years. The condition of the championship courses is much better now than it was when I got here in 2011 thru at least 2015.

I would be surprised if a couple pictures sent to Executive golf maintenance didn't result in some action.
give it to mitch leininger dir of ex golf 352 674 1885
Old 09-09-2023, 06:22 AM

The knee high and higher grasses around the water hazards is out of control on some surprising no one has been snake bitten yet lots of water moccasins could be in that grass.
It’s evident that the crews cutting grass are not concerned with it. The water hazards at Nancy Lopez have just been deep cleaned to the waters edge but seems like only the ones that can be seen from the road ……makes for a better presentation for the lifestyle visitors I guess.
Old 09-10-2023, 09:42 AM
Veteran member
Default Ball marks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bilyclub View Post
They have their hands full trying to keep the greens and tee boxes semi-playable. Too many people don't fix their ball marks and divots.
Isn't that the truth. There are times when I have one of those rare center green shots where I'm waiting for my playing partners to chip up I will fix as many as a dozen ball marks. It will only get worse in a couple months. Why oh why do you non fixers find it so hard to bend over and fix your mark, you don't find it too difficult to bend over and get your ball. If you're going to leave the ball mark for the next guy why not leave the ball too. Oh and I bet you are the one to curse when you miss a putt due to another's ball mark. Peace out
Old 09-10-2023, 11:59 AM
Sage
Thanked 4,682 Times in 1,534 Posts

Quote:
It’s odd to me how the executive golf courses beautifully landscape then refuse to maintain the beauty … we have a large bed in back of our house in Okeechobee which originally had 4 palms, several grasses and several red roses… they never took care of the grasses so they removed them… they now ignore both the roses and weeding.. the roses although not dead might as well.. Cannot ignore proper fertilization and trimming with roses. Workers drive by all day in bliss and ignorance. My wife and a neighbor periodically weed… and in the hour doing so they get several comments from players that they also have to weed behind their homes due to lack of maintenance… yet they charge a significant premium for these lots … quite a low standard to measure performance.. sometimes I wonder if they even understand the proper approach to maintaining a decorative bed. It is sad when the golf courses take advantage of paying neighbors
I've often wondered about the lack of consistency, course to course, for the executive courses. You can have two courses adjacent to one another, one of them quite well maintained, and the other...well...

A good example is El Santiago and El Diablo. They share a starter shack and parking lot, but the maintenance is light-years apart. We played El Diablo yesterday, and hitting anything off a fairway was like playing your ball from a gravel parking lot overgrown with weeds. Not all of the fairways, surely, but enough for it to be obvious--and inconvenient. El Santiago on the other hands has fairways that are quite well-maintained.

Second thing I wonder about is how they decide which courses should be closed for maintenance. Earlier this year Briarwood, which in my opinion is one of the better-maintained and attractive executive courses, was closed (maybe still is, I don't know) for maintenance, while a couple of other courses which in my opinion were much worse off maintenance-wise remained open.

I admit to not knowing anything really about how and why such decisions are made (maybe a master plan somewhere and things are just being done according to that schedule) but as an uninformed outsider looking in, some of it seems sort of inexplicable.
Old 09-10-2023, 12:18 PM
Veteran member

[QUOTE=ThirdOfFive;2255176]I
A good example is El Santiago and El Diablo. They share a starter shack and parking lot, but the maintenance is light-years apart. We played El Diablo yesterday, and hitting anything off a fairway was like playing your ball from a gravel parking lot overgrown with weeds. Not all of the fairways, surely, but enough for it to be obvious--and inconvenient. El Santiago on the other hands has fairways that are quite well-maintained.

All par 3's. Why are you concerned about the "fairways"?
Old 09-10-2023, 12:33 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,682 Times in 1,534 Posts

[QUOTE=UpNorth;2255183]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThirdOfFive View Post
I

All par 3's. Why are you concerned about the "fairways"?
I knew THAT was comin'.
Old 09-10-2023, 12:42 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,368 Times in 2,396 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by village dreamer View Post
give it to mitch leininger dir of ex golf 352 674 1885
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThirdOfFive View Post
I've often wondered about the lack of consistency, course to course, for the executive courses. You can have two courses adjacent to one another, one of them quite well maintained, and the other...well...

Second thing I wonder about is how they decide which courses should be closed for maintenance. Earlier this year Briarwood, which in my opinion is one of the better-maintained and attractive executive courses, was closed (maybe still is, I don't know) for maintenance, while a couple of other courses which in my opinion were much worse off maintenance-wise remained open.

I admit to not knowing anything really about how and why such decisions are made (maybe a master plan somewhere and things are just being done according to that schedule) but as an uninformed outsider looking in, some of it seems sort of inexplicable.
Call Mitch……share what you find out.
Old 09-27-2023, 03:05 PM

The marks &divots are really bad. Why don't people k e notice th
Old 10-14-2023, 12:30 PM

Love it!!
Old 10-16-2023, 07:15 AM

Went to play Clifton Cove putting course and was disappointed to find it closed. Apparently it fried up due to too much fertilizer or weed killer.

Down south of 44 everything is less manicured and is claimed to be more natural. I have mostly weeds and ant hills between my house lawn and the multimodal path. Also the ponds before this last rain were in terrible condition covered with slimey algae overgrowth.
Old 10-16-2023, 07:28 AM

What does that mean? Lowest people?
Closed Thread

Tags
weed…, bed, grasses, executive, golf

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.