Executive Golf Course Maintenance

Closed Thread
Old 09-01-2023, 10:06 AM
Default Executive Golf Course Maintenance

It’s odd to me how the executive golf courses beautifully landscape then refuse to maintain the beauty … we have a large bed in back of our house in Okeechobee which originally had 4 palms, several grasses and several red roses… they never took care of the grasses so they removed them… they now ignore both the roses and weeding.. the roses although not dead might as well.. Cannot ignore proper fertilization and trimming with roses. Workers drive by all day in bliss and ignorance. My wife and a neighbor periodically weed… and in the hour doing so they get several comments from players that they also have to weed behind their homes due to lack of maintenance… yet they charge a significant premium for these lots … quite a low standard to measure performance.. sometimes I wonder if they even understand the proper approach to maintaining a decorative bed. It is sad when the golf courses take advantage of paying neighbors

Last edited by Tomterrif; 09-01-2023 at 10:38 AM. Reason: Bad grammar
Old 09-01-2023, 10:17 AM
Platinum member
Thanked 1,203 Times in 569 Posts

They have their hands full trying to keep the greens and tee boxes semi-playable. Too many people don't fix their ball marks and divots.
Old 09-01-2023, 10:22 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,368 Times in 2,396 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomterrif View Post
It’s odd to me how the executive golf courses beautifully landscape then refuse to maintain the beauty … we have a large bed in back of our house in Okeechobee which originally had 4 palms, several grasses and several red roses… they never took care of the grasses so they removed them… they now ignore the roses and weeding.. the roses although not dead might as well be… workers drive by all day in bliss and ignorance. Mice wife and I e neighbor periodically weed… and in the hour that are out there they get several comments from players that they also have to weed… quite a standard of mediocrity… sometimes I wonder if they even understand the proper approach h to maintaining a bed
Executive Golf Maintenance
1026 Canal Street
The Villages, FL 32162
Phone: 352-674-1885

Share with us what you find out……….
Old 09-02-2023, 06:35 AM
Veteran member

You may need to lower your expectations when it comes to the executive courses.

I gave up on getting upset at the way folks playing and maintaining courses treat them. It's hopeless.
Old 09-02-2023, 07:05 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 2,687 Times in 973 Posts

What you are seeing is the difference between what a developer is willing to pay in order to attract buyers, and what owners are willing to pay in amenity fees to keep things up to the original standard.
Every shortcoming described in the OP would cost money to correct. Many owners in TV are already complaining that the amenity fees are too high, and that too much of it spent on golf maintenance.
Old 09-02-2023, 05:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomterrif View Post
It’s odd to me how the executive golf courses beautifully landscape then refuse to maintain the beauty … we have a large bed in back of our house in Okeechobee which originally had 4 palms, several grasses and several red roses… they never took care of the grasses so they removed them… they now ignore both the roses and weeding.. the roses although not dead might as well.. Cannot ignore proper fertilization and trimming with roses. Workers drive by all day in bliss and ignorance. My wife and a neighbor periodically weed… and in the hour doing so they get several comments from players that they also have to weed behind their homes due to lack of maintenance… yet they charge a significant premium for these lots … quite a low standard to measure performance.. sometimes I wonder if they even understand the proper approach to maintaining a decorative bed. It is sad when the golf courses take advantage of paying neighbors
The golf courses are the lowest people who "take advantage of paying homeowners”
Old 09-02-2023, 08:32 PM
Sage
Thanked 8,276 Times in 4,296 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheena0904 View Post
The golf courses are the lowest people who "take advantage of paying homeowners”
Huh? Please explain...

-Tom Petty
Old 09-03-2023, 08:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bilyclub View Post
They have their hands full trying to keep the greens and tee boxes semi-playable. Too many people don't fix their ball marks and divots.
Playing on an exec course last year I put sand on my T spot after the shot and I was repairing a couple of ball marks on the green. As I walked off the green with my wife, a woman groundskeeper came over and gave me a piece of paper. It was a good golfer award that I could use for 10% off in the pro shops! How nice and totally a surprise.
Old 09-03-2023, 09:12 AM

I bought a home on a preserve that had a very nice nature view in which I paid a premium for the lot. Over the six years, the beautiful maintained grass berm had transformed into weeds and dirt. The low trees/bushes have grown up changing my original view
But I can still see the preserve, the view has just changed. Bottom line is our view ends at our property line and there is little that complaining will do to change it.
Old 09-03-2023, 09:13 AM
Sage

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrfriendly View Post
Playing on an exec course last year I put sand on my T spot after the shot and I was repairing a couple of ball marks on the green. As I walked off the green with my wife, a woman groundskeeper came over and gave me a piece of paper. It was a good golfer award that I could use for 10% off in the pro shops! How nice and totally a surprise.
But how can that be…”they are the lowest”.
Glad you got the certificate, which is more typical than being taken advantage of.
Old 09-03-2023, 02:55 PM

I think I must have seen your place while playing at Okeechobie Saturday. We drove by several houses that had sad looking "flower beds" with no flowers between the lot lines and the cart path. There was very little in the way of pine needle mulch, and most of what was left looked like it could catch fire at any moment. So I certainly noticed it and feel your pain.
Old 09-03-2023, 03:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMintzer View Post
Huh? Please explain...
So I’m saying the realtors are the ones who take advantage the most by a long shot
Old 09-03-2023, 03:44 PM
Sage

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMintzer View Post
Huh? Please explain...
Quote:
So I’m saying the realtors are the ones who take advantage the most by a long shot
Fully explained…….
Old 09-03-2023, 07:34 PM
Sage
Thanked 8,276 Times in 4,296 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bogie Shooter View Post
Fully explained…….
The Villages Florida

-Tom Petty
Old 09-04-2023, 10:49 AM
Default So many excuses

I am amazed how many people make excuses for the poor maintenance of tbe beds in the golf courses and the condition of the courses. If one buys a home in tbe golf course should not your expectation be that tbe maintenance continues to meet the standard it was at purchase… go you exo ct that if the house next to you…. Do you not have recourse when it is not true…. I watch the fairways being mowed so close in tbe wi ter that there is almost no grass… is that tbe right use of labor…. I se damaged greens…. Admittedly golfers are not asked to repair ball marks or take sand straps…. That really means they’re have zero golf etiquette but most of the damage I see is from scalping the green, fluid leaks, or fertilizer burning. They need a plan to assure the same level of maintenance after the executive course is transferred from the developer to the CCD..:. Maybe a larger trust fund required… however even the championship courses suffer…. Their condition has dramatically decreased in the 16 years we have been coming here… tearing down the clubhouse on Hacienda never being an example… anyway improper maintenance may well be one factor that kills the golden egg of our housing investments…
Closed Thread

Tags
weed…, bed, grasses, executive, golf

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.