Are executive golf courses maintained at a high standard??

Closed Thread
Old 12-27-2023, 10:43 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianL99 View Post
About in the same condition as a $15 Muni in the real world. 3-4 on a scale of 1-10. I've heard some may approach "5" on a good week.
Feel you are on point, but the $15 muni is now obsolete. In S. Florida some munis are $125-$175 a round. Does include the cart. On bright side they are good munis
Old 12-27-2023, 10:52 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueblaze View Post
You should see Briarwood! It looks like a museum! Of course, we mere golfers have not been allowed to use it for about 6 months. I guess they're just preserving it as a showpiece.

On they day they intentionally killed the tees and greens and started the $5 million dollar project to dig up and replace all the dirt, grass, and sand on every green, tee, and bunker, it was in better shape than any Southern executive course I've ever played. For the money they've blown on this one little mediocre par-3 on the Northside, I bet they could have fixed the divots and ball marks on every other course in the system.

So if you get disgusted with the shape of your local course, come on up and have a gander at mine! Just leave your clubs at home!
Agree Briarwood was renovated this past summer. Do question why it was renovated. It was one of the best conditioned exec courses in TV. No way they paid or budgeted $5,000,000 for this work. Most, if not all, of the courses have been renovated in the 300K range. New 72 par courses can cost $5,000,000.
Old 12-27-2023, 10:57 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROCKETMAN View Post
Played Bonita pass yesterday Dec. 22, greens were terrible, dirt and sand.
Most of the dirt sand on the greens that I have seen was there as it is a part of the regular maintenance.
Old 12-28-2023, 10:52 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kkingston57 View Post
Most of the dirt sand on the greens that I have seen was there as it is a part of the regular maintenance.
Plenty of "dead" patches among the sanded surface which is likely due to a fungus or mold spreading on the greens. Mowers carry the disease to other greens as they go along. All it takes is one bad green to contaminate the others.
Closed Thread

Tags
executive, true, bad, villages, maintained

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.