Fix your d#$% ball marks on the greens.

Closed Thread
Old 06-29-2022, 06:29 PM
Sage
Location: Illinois, Tennesee, Florida, Village of Caroline, Sanibel, LaBelle
Thanked 1,313 Times in 546 Posts

Just to be fair…. Fixing ball marks on greens is a much bigger problem than just in The Villages. I recently played a wonderful golf course up north (with my son) and found ball marks galore on the greens that soon will host a Korn/Ferry PGA tour event. There were signs in the locker room to please fix ball marks, divots and rake traps. Free ball mark tools were for your taking. It’s a shame so many golfers practice poor golfing etiquette. Sign of the times I guess.
Old 06-30-2022, 04:21 AM

You must be a super hero
Old 07-06-2022, 07:24 AM
Default How Would We Know?

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsimpson View Post
If you are good or lucky enough to hit the green with your approach shot, and make a ball mark, please fix that D&%# hole you made!! They put a lot of effort in maintaining these courses. Please do your part. It's not that hard! Bend over with a tool and fix the hole. Mangrove course today - I fixed 10-15 mark on every green - outrageous! And the greens were aeriated, to boot. Respect the courses please.
I’m new to golfing and TV. I know about raking bunkers and fixing divots but never heard of ball marks on the green. I wouldn’t know to fix anyway.

Where do I learn? I saw post about “Good Golf” class, which I will take, but I didn’t know it existed.

What is RA/CAP?

The starting shack didn’t mention any of this when I played my first round - do they know it was my first round?

I do follow posted signage but have yet to see a sign about ball marks on the green. (Thanks for fixing my marks!)
Old 07-06-2022, 07:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfing eagles View Post
Or just attach those points to their ID so they can't make a tee time or walk up to the starter. They could still sneak on after hours, but I would simply make it a no trespassing zone after hours unless you have advance permission.
After hours play on the executive courses is already trespassing. I propose two changes. 1) everyone in the tee time reservation gets points added, add the peer pressure element. 2) anyone caught trespassing after hours on the exec courses has there golf privileges either suspended for 30 days or has their amenities fee doubled the next month. For country club courses, they are charged the AM rate.
No appeals allowed.
Old 07-06-2022, 08:10 AM
Sage
Thanked 8,276 Times in 4,296 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by srswans View Post
I’m new to golfing and TV. I know about raking bunkers and fixing divots but never heard of ball marks on the green. I wouldn’t know to fix anyway.

Where do I learn? I saw post about “Good Golf” class, which I will take, but I didn’t know it existed.

What is RA/CAP?

The starting shack didn’t mention any of this when I played my first round - do they know it was my first round?

I do follow posted signage but have yet to see a sign about ball marks on the green. (Thanks for fixing my marks!)
https://youtu.be/GuYXMn4tA10

-Tom Petty
Old 07-17-2022, 04:52 AM

I wish I could make some, at least once in awhile
Old 07-20-2022, 04:41 AM

Quote:
If you are good or lucky enough to hit the green with your approach shot, and make a ball mark, please fix that D&%# hole you made!! They put a lot of effort in maintaining these courses. Please do your part. It's not that hard! Bend over with a tool and fix the hole. Mangrove course today - I fixed 10-15 mark on every green - outrageous! And the greens were aeriated, to boot. Respect the courses please.
I would gladly fix all divots unfortunately I can’t hit the green 😂😂😂
Old 07-20-2022, 07:52 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papa_lecki View Post
If you’re talking Mangrove, and you played in the morning, there’s a guy who goes out on Mangrove after the started leaves, and hits 15 or 20 balls onto every green, and doesn’t fix ANY ball marks .
I’ve been behind him a few times.
Said something to him once, but he ignored me.
I saw that! What a jerk.
Old 07-25-2022, 06:56 AM

How much longer is this post going show up here?
Old 07-25-2022, 11:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael G. View Post
Can you interrupt what D&%# means
Use your imagination. Anything with ( @*#% ) symbols is a cuss word... Da@& it
Old 07-25-2022, 01:02 PM

Back home we used to golf at course where we followed all of the High School tournaments, talk about never fixing ball marks, you'd think the coaches or instructors never taught them about it. It was nothing to fix at least 10 of them, just on the line of a putt you were trying.

I know I should have hit it closer to the hole but it was the best I could do....
Old 07-25-2022, 01:17 PM
Default Duration of posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by WingedFoot78 View Post
How much longer is this post going show up here?
Must be as people still reply or react, they keep the post active and near the top search screens?
Old 07-26-2022, 08:16 AM
Default Ball marks on the greens

Quote:
Some of the players are so OBESE that they can't bend over to fix them.
Closed Thread

Tags
fix, hole, mark, courses, green

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.