GC Closed List

Old 03-07-2024, 07:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrFlorida View Post
Pelican is open, played there Sunday.
They announced long term closing of Pelican and Bacall on Monday.
Old 03-07-2024, 07:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mleeja View Post
El Santiago and El Diablo will close one day per week. It is open now. Maybe the other courses should do this?
All executive courses close 2x a month a day

https://www.golfthevillages.com/exec...20closures.pdf
Old 03-07-2024, 09:19 AM
Platinum member
Thanked 2,195 Times in 761 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janie123 View Post
They announced long term closing of Pelican and Bacall on Monday.
I guess they have to collect the few thousand balls in the weeds.
Old 03-07-2024, 09:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by N44125 View Post
I tried looking on the TV Golf Course APP. But…

Which TV GCs are closed?

Here’s my list? Any more?

Pelican
Heron
Bacall
Red Fish Run
Bonita
Belmont
Pimlico is about to be added to the list. Played there two days ago and the greenskeeper or superintendent has apparently surrendered and will soon be shutting the course down, stripping and re-sodding or re-seeding the greens. The greens were completely unplayable. The course will be shut down all summer.
Old 03-07-2024, 11:38 AM
Default Golf course issues, potential solution???

Between 44 north to 466 ( including Saddlebrook and Hawkes Bay ) there are 25 Executive
courses. (7 are now closed, with others have almost unplayable greens). South of 44 only 5 now open ( excluding Putt-putt ).
What about having some of the Championship courses temporarily reclassified as executive
while hopefully something is done to repair those executives that are closed??
But, this would only benefit the golfers, not "The Family"!!
Courses south of 44 MUST be designed by the developers B/4 the housing infrastructure
is put in, but unfortunately the executive courses appear to be an after-thought, total concern seems to be selling home sights above all else, sarcastic YES!! So be it.
Old 03-07-2024, 12:51 PM

I am a Priority (now called Enhanced) member and almost always put in a request for golf. Out of curiosity, I attempted to book a party of four today (Friday) on an Executive course for this Sunday. Between the hours of 8 and 4 there were eight openings and all were at Amberwood. There were pages and pages of pitch and putts to wade through. I propose that The Villages Golf change the format of their online site. Currently, the choices are Championship and Executive. Why not add a third and call it Pitch & Putts? It would make the search far quicker. It would also make clear that a pitch & putt is NOT an Executive course. However, the reason The Villages Golf would likely never make this change is it would expose the dearth of Championship and Executive courses there are to handle the tens of thousands of new homes being built. With all of the complaints, which are certainly justified, it’s time that the developers pay attention and address this issue. News travels far and fast.
Old 03-07-2024, 12:59 PM
Sage

The tee time system may very well be legacy software that is hard (i.e. expensive) to modify to add another class of courses. Obviously they can add new courses to the existing two classes; championship and executive. Adding the pitch and putts to the executives was probably the easiest thing to do. I can’t see a lot of motivation for them to attempt the change you suggested.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plinker View Post
I am a Priority (now called Enhanced) member and almost always put in a request for golf. Out of curiosity, I attempted to book a party of four today (Friday) on an Executive course for this Sunday. Between the hours of 8 and 4 there were eight openings and all were at Amberwood. There were pages and pages of pitch and putts to wade through. I propose that The Villages Golf change the format of their online site. Currently, the choices are Championship and Executive. Why not add a third and call it Pitch & Putts? It would make the search far quicker. It would also make clear that a pitch & putt is NOT an Executive course. However, the reason The Villages Golf would likely never make this change is it would expose the dearth of Championship and Executive courses there are to handle the tens of thousands of new homes being built. With all of the complaints, which are certainly justified, it’s time that the developers pay attention and address this issue. News travels far and fast.
Old 03-08-2024, 07:59 AM
Sage
Location: The Villages and the Northern Neck on the Chesapeake Bay, VA.
Thanked 3,112 Times in 1,344 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrFlorida View Post
I guess they have to collect the few thousand balls in the weeds.
For sure they won't find a good ball at Pelican!

Tags
list, closed, here’s, bonita, run

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.