Golf Etiquette - Cigarette Butts

Closed Thread
Old 02-24-2021, 07:29 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,480 Times in 713 Posts

When I see cigarette butts on the golf course I get the feeling there must be a correlation between smoking and I.Q.
Old 02-24-2021, 08:03 AM

Maybe people could fix their ball marks and rake their foot prints in traps too...
Old 02-24-2021, 08:08 AM
Sage
Location: The Villages and the Northern Neck on the Chesapeake Bay, VA.
Thanked 3,112 Times in 1,344 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Florida17 View Post
Maybe people could fix their ball marks and rake their foot prints in traps too...
They could hide their butts in the sand trap as they rake. Not a chance.
Old 02-24-2021, 10:14 AM

I appreciate the ambassadors and the work they do, thank them all the time. If your remark was to them, shame on you.
Old 02-24-2021, 10:24 AM
Thanked 1,120 Times in 246 Posts

Get your carry permit and strap up! That will make the litterbugs take notice that there is a new sheriff in town!

The Villages Florida
Old 02-24-2021, 06:52 PM

I even have seen cigarette butts on the greens!!! Rude and disgusting!
Old 02-25-2021, 07:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fredman View Post
I thought the only thing ambassador’s do was ride around. I have never seen an ambassador doing the things u say u r supposed to do
We love our ambassadors. They contribute to making it all work.
Old 02-25-2021, 08:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joanne19335 View Post
As an ambassador who works executive and championship courses, I frequently find cigarette butts (some still burning) on tee boxes and around the greens. Part of my job is to clear away the broken tees, trash that may have blown onto the tee boxes and greens and filling divots as well as fixing fresh ball marks on the greens. I have noticed that over the past year, the number of cigarette butts discarded on the tee boxes has increased significantly. Besides being a health issue, this type of unnecessary trash is disgusting. Is it too much to ask that smokers buy a small ashtray to put in their carts and not discard their butts on the course? Ambassadors are responsible for regular "clean-up" before and after the golfers play. Please be considerate, not only to your fellow golfers, but to the workers and maintenance staff. We want your golf experience to be enjoyable for everyone.
Well my friend. As you can tell from the reply's. You have people with some portion of their brain left and others that have lost a majority of their senses. If you call yourself a golfer , the game of golf is like a lady. She will not be tamed but demands respect. Because when she gives her best back to you , it makes you shine on the inside and will encourage you to come back and visit her again. For the people who smoke I agree you have the right to kill yourself if you want. But please understand , you stink around people who don't smoke and we do not want to see your garbage on the ground. To all ambassadors. Anytime you work for the public , you are always going to be criticized by some. Its the way people are today. I for one really enjoy golf here and I thank anyone that makes that happen.
Old 02-25-2021, 09:07 AM

Most smoker are lazy and filthy. They just throw butts down, as if it’s not litter. I have even seen them empty ashtrays in parking lots.
Old 02-25-2021, 10:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtoneff View Post
Well my friend. As you can tell from the reply's. You have people with some portion of their brain left and others that have lost a majority of their senses. If you call yourself a golfer , the game of golf is like a lady. She will not be tamed but demands respect. Because when she gives her best back to you , it makes you shine on the inside and will encourage you to come back and visit her again. For the people who smoke I agree you have the right to kill yourself if you want. But please understand , you stink around people who don't smoke and we do not want to see your garbage on the ground. To all ambassadors. Anytime you work for the public , you are always going to be criticized by some. Its the way people are today. I for one really enjoy golf here and I thank anyone that makes that happen.
As the OP, your post is sincerely appreciated. I learned long ago that you cannot please everyone. When golfers say, “Thanks for what you do”, my day is made so much better. When I see a golfer filling a divot, I always thank him or her for being considerate. I smile at and wave to everyone I can. Maybe that smile will make their day a little better as well. Although I can fight my own battles, we are prohibited from becoming involved if things heat up. Our authority goes only so far. I am happy to say that I had to call my manager only once in the past year.
Old 02-25-2021, 03:33 PM

I’m a ambassador to and 97% of golfers don’t fix divots on the greens and tee box’s
Old 02-25-2021, 03:58 PM
Veteran member
Thanked 1,319 Times in 462 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joanne19335 View Post
As the OP, your post is sincerely appreciated. I learned long ago that you cannot please everyone. When golfers say, “Thanks for what you do”, my day is made so much better. When I see a golfer filling a divot, I always thank him or her for being considerate. I smile at and wave to everyone I can. Maybe that smile will make their day a little better as well. Although I can fight my own battles, we are prohibited from becoming involved if things heat up. Our authority goes only so far. I am happy to say that I had to call my manager only once in the past year.
We used to be able to give out good golf rewards, I gave quite a few to golfers that showed love of the game and care for the courses.
Old 02-25-2021, 04:09 PM
Sage
Location: South of 466a, if you don't like me.......I live in Orlando.
Thanked 9,777 Times in 3,645 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickThole View Post
I’m a ambassador to and 97% of golfers don’t fix divots on the greens and tee box’s
You lose credibility with a percentage like that...............unless you have documented proof over a period of time.
Old 02-25-2021, 05:40 PM

I was an ambassador and I found gum just as disgusting, plus it sticks to your shoes and tracks into your cart.
Old 02-25-2021, 05:58 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,954 Times in 1,160 Posts

I had new wood floors installed in September by the Floor Shoppe, about every two hours all four installers went out front and smoked a cigarette. They were all hard workers, but it seems like nothing has changed.

It's not just the younger people, almost everytime I go to Walgreens I see a senior, usually a woman, buying 2 packs of cigarettes, and it's not the same woman, and it's not the same Walgreens.
Closed Thread

Tags
butts, boxes, greens, tee, cigarette

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.